Morgan Lewis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Secret Shoppers Needed Interview

Secret Shoppers Needed
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Lewis in May 2014.

Interview Details – We make made it easier for job seekers,the interview process,and all other aspect.We also offer health and dental benefit to all employees.We pay better salary compared to what others pay

Interview Question – Our Greatest Challenges   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Communications
Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview with a panel of partners. This all went well. They made me an offer over the phone and stated a formal letter would be coming in the mail. They reviewed compensation and benefits and what not. When the offer letter never came they continued to make excuses but confirm I was the selected candidate. A week later they told me they gave the role to someone else, I think someone with an inside connection to one of the partners. Ultimately it worked out well because I was overqualified for the role and simply needed a way to transition to a new city - I quickly received a new job offer after that rejection. That being said, the HR people at this place are not trustworthy and this speaks to the ethics of this organization. I would not recommend this place to anyone for a non-staff position. I even question the legality of what occurred although I doubt I have much of a leg to stand on particularly with a law firm. Again, this HR department is terrible and too quickly will blatantly lie without remorse.

Reason for Declining – Well, I accepted the offer but they changed their mind when a family member of someone in the firm applied during the formal offer letter process.

Paralegal Interview

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Services Assistant Interview

Financial Services Assistant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Interview Details – Company sent an email to my schools career advising center, then they forwarded it to all of the students and i responded with my resume and got called for an interview the next week.

Interview Question – Was more of a easy going walk through of my resume, for their curiosity, not really to get a sense of whether or not i was a good fit. I got the vibe from the start that i was getting the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Associate Interview

Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Lewis in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process, including pre-interview communications is very formal. Candidates should be prepared to be exceptionally professional. I met with four attorneys throughout the day. The questions were not particularly difficult, but candidates should be prepared to articulate their career goals. I got the impression the firm wants very hardworking associates, so the candidates should be aware of how they project that quality.

Billing Assistant Interview

Billing Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Interview Details – Went through a placement agency. Interview process was okay. Recruiting manager was great but no longer at the firm.

Interview Question – Nothing I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Interview Details – Interviews were in the middle of the day rather than at beginning of day as requested given I'm currently working. A simple test was given that a junior to mid level developer should be able to pass. Many questions were asked about facts needed to prove one is a good developer, but almost nothing about process or creativity. The architect and developers that interviewed me were congenial, but the manager was just not really listening to me. He seemed to have his mind made up that I was not a good fit for whatever reason that was not clear to me.

Interview Question – Why does an experienced guy want to write code rather than manage (this always tells me I'm in the wrong place)   View Answer

Financial Assistant Intern Interview

Financial Assistant Intern
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Lewis in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. The supervisor did all the talking.

Interview Question – Not difficult at all. They only asked me to tell them about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiating because it was an internship.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Interview Details – Two rounds after initial phone screen with HR, interviewed with immediate manager and firm director of marketing via video. Process overall was quick.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected - asked about previous legal marketing experience.   Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

Contract Attorney
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Interview Details – Hired through staffing agency. So, the interview process was basically through them.

Interview Question – What do you want to do with your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Philly's market rate is $28/hour + time and a half

Worked for Morgan Lewis? Contribute to the Community!