Morgan Lewis

2.4

Secret Shoppers Needed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Lewis in May 2014.

We make made it easier for job seekers,the interview process,and all other aspect.We also offer health and dental benefit to all employees.We pay better salary compared to what others pay

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Lewis.

I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview with a panel of partners. This all went well. They made me an offer over the phone and stated a formal letter would be coming in the mail. They reviewed compensation and benefits and what not. When the offer letter never came they continued to make excuses but confirm I was the selected candidate. A week later they told me they gave the role to someone else, I think someone with an inside connection to one of the partners. Ultimately it worked out well because I was overqualified for the role and simply needed a way to transition to a new city - I quickly received a new job offer after that rejection. That being said, the HR people at this place are not trustworthy and this speaks to the ethics of this organization. I would not recommend this place to anyone for a non-staff position. I even question the legality of what occurred although I doubt I have much of a leg to stand on particularly with a law firm. Again, this HR department is terrible and too quickly will blatantly lie without remorse.

Well, I accepted the offer but they changed their mind when a family member of someone in the firm applied during the formal offer letter process.

Paralegal Interview

Good phone interview

Fine

Financial Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Company sent an email to my schools career advising center, then they forwarded it to all of the students and i responded with my resume and got called for an interview the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Was more of a easy going walk through of my resume, for their curiosity, not really to get a sense of whether or not i was a good fit. I got the vibe from the start that i was getting the position.   Answer Question
    N/A

Billing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Went through a placement agency. Interview process was okay. Recruiting manager was great but no longer at the firm.

No negotiations

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Interviews were in the middle of the day rather than at beginning of day as requested given I'm currently working. A simple test was given that a junior to mid level developer should be able to pass. Many questions were asked about facts needed to prove one is a good developer, but almost nothing about process or creativity. The architect and developers that interviewed me were congenial, but the manager was just not really listening to me. He seemed to have his mind made up that I was not a good fit for whatever reason that was not clear to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why does an experienced guy want to write code rather than manage (this always tells me I'm in the wrong place)   View Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Lewis in August 2013.

The interview was different from several other firms in that Morgan Lewis seemed to focus more on behavioral interview questions (e.g. – tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult). The interviewers were very friendly/personable while also being professional. They emailed me some forms/items they requested be filled out in advance and seemed happy to see that I had everything ready at the start of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were really unexpected. However, they did ask some very specific questions about past incidents (behavioral interview questions), so be prepared with several stories/examples.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Two rounds after initial phone screen with HR, interviewed with immediate manager and firm director of marketing via video. Process overall was quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - asked about previous legal marketing experience.   Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Lewis.

Hired through staffing agency. So, the interview process was basically through them.

No negotiation. Philly's market rate is $28/hour + time and a half

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Lewis in April 2013.

The interview process, including pre-interview communications is very formal. Candidates should be prepared to be exceptionally professional. I met with four attorneys throughout the day. The questions were not particularly difficult, but candidates should be prepared to articulate their career goals. I got the impression the firm wants very hardworking associates, so the candidates should be aware of how they project that quality.