Morgan Stanley

29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process for MS takes extremely long. For a full time position, you'll most likely meet with the business unit lead, as well as the business unit owner. After that interview, you'll meet with HR. If you get an offer, it might be as long as 2 months after your last interview.

Interview Question – Regular interview questions, nothing special.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Baltimore, MD

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview on local campus. Interviewers looking for people who work well in teams and are ambitious.

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Standard questions - behavioral fit, reason for your major, why investment banking, why morgan stanley. How to value a company, and then drilling into each technique

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, standard package.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – 1-1 Interview
2nd Round with 4 interviews
Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Question about accretion dilution on an M&A Deal   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Ask very typical interview questions. I answered honestly, met with three different people and knew i was going to get the job

Interview Question – Give an example of how you handled a high work load?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – A call from HR asking behavioral questions and brain teasers

Interview Question – Some brain teasers are quite tricky   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Corporate Treasury - First round was great, easy to talk to and conversational. Superday split between technical and group and then a puzzle group solving session

Interview Question – Nothing too weird, have to know different aspects of treasury department etc   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – majorly behavioral questions

Interview Question – design a road network for a metropolitan city   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2010.

Interview Details – Campus interview was four 30 minute rounds with various managers over two days, followed by a presentation on an undisclosed problem that you must organize with other candidates in the time allotted. The questions are mostly qualitative in nature. Be sure to stress your ability to work with teams, attention to detail and ability to multitask. For the presentation component, it's important to demonstrate that you work well with others and are willing to listen to their ideas.

Interview Question – Tell us why you want to work in operations (ie, know what the department does)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I applied for a position online. A month later, they contacted me for an interview. The first interview, I met with the Recruiter (Behavior-Based), then with two hiring managers (fit & resume questions). The next day, I was contacted to schedule a second interview and met with four other managers that were in the group.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Analyst interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.