Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Team based exercises and two solo interviews. The human resources department had a major role in the process. Everything was organized very well and the materials handed out at the career day were great.

Had a different offer

Early Dispute Resolution Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers - lasted about 45 minutes. Both were very friendly and informative about what the position entailed. Get there early to park in the garage. It's about a 5 minute walk away. Support staff throughout the building were kind and encouraging. Friendly admin calls to set up interview and keep candidates in the loop.

Cash Client Processing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online. About a month later, I received an email asking me to schedule an interview in Baltimore. On the day of the interview, I was supposed to speak with 3 people: a VP and 2 managers. However I ended up talking to 4 people instead, 2 of which were not even on the list of people I was given. Overall the process was very disorganized and I felt like that weren't even ready or interested in that interview. Finally, When asked when I should expect an answer, I was told that HR would contact me in about 10 days. After the 10 days had passed, I sent an email to the recruiter and followed up with a phone call. Apparently, she herself had not received any feedback for the interview. She told me that it was a good sign and that she would try to get some feedback from the manager. 2 weeks passed and several phone calls after, she finally informed me that i was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness What is your biggest strength Tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Client Onboarding Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was arranged via a recruiter. I was aware of the arrangement but I was notified of the exact time of the interview the day before. The interview was with two people, sequentially. They were looking for people with minimal experience, so they didn't ask any technical questions, just ones about myself and what I would do on certain situations. Overall, I'd say that they're looking for personality fits over analytical adepteness from their junior candidates. I thought the interview went well, but weeks have passed and I never received an offer or an email saying I wasn't hired which is unprofessional imo

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through a staffing agency. This company was very responsive in terms of scheduling the interview and responding within a few days concerning whether I interviewed with multiple people before the session ended. I received an offer or made it to the next round. Great company, and anyone applying should be really interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What are the responsibilities of this position? 3. Why apply for Operation Analyst? Why Morgan Stanley? 4. Greatest weakness / strength? 5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Foreign Exchange Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and traditional. I was invited to meet in-person for 3 1:1 interviews, involving a VP, Director, and peer Associate. Overall experience was positive and there were no deviations from what I had expected. It was my intent to leave the interview with an offer in hand, but the process took awhile longer.

Client Processing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for the interview on a Wednesday and was called and offered the job on Friday. The process was longer for this interview (I had interviewed for a Business Analyst job the day before at Morgan Stanley). I was at the downtown office for over two hours and met with four different directors, each of which helps manage the operations team. I felt like they were overall looking for more of a personality fit than anything else as a lot of the questions weren't financial/operations in nature. In fact, two of the directors were marketing majors before working at MS, so finance knowledge wasn't required. I think they were looking for people who can learn quickly and fit in with the existing team personality wise. They did give me "what if" scenarios and told me to use my background (recent college grad) to explain how I had confronted a similar situation and dealt with it. The people that I met with were very nice, and the interview was enjoyable for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of operations? When was there a time that you had to deal with a problem and overcome it? How did you overcome the problem? Why do you want to work in operations/Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resumed through my college's career center. Was notified 3 weeks later that I was selected for an interview. The interview process was quick. First interview was on my campus with a HR rep. Once that interview was completed, waited 2 days and heard back that I made the final interviews. Final interviews were intimidating. First activity was a group one, you were divided up into two groups- about 4 members each. We were asked to come up with a highway system that would be the most cost efficient and convenient for entering and leaving a metropolitan city during 8am and 5pm rush hour. After the group interview, we had 2 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• A time when you were wrong? A time when you worked in a group and one member did not contribute? Why Morgan Stanley/Operations? Describe a time you were a successful leader? Explain a difficult conversation?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was notified I was selected for a first round interview 3 days later. The first round interviews took place on-campus a week after the notification and consisted of one-on-one with an operations director. I was notified I made it to the final round the next morning and went to their office a day later. The Super Day consisted of two 1:1 interviews and a group exercise with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed Describe a time you worked on a team Describe a time you were wrong What makes you a good fit for a corporate job? Describe a difficult conversation you've had Group Exercise: City limits are a square, and the downtown area is another square in the the center of the city. Design a network of primary and secondary roadways to allow easy travel to the downtown area while keeping costs as low as possible. (20 minutes) -Who do you think was a leader? -Who would you like to work with again? -What did someone do well? -What would you change?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Call from HR representative, brief phone interview, then brought into offices for their Super Day final round interviews which consisted of four separate 1/2 hour interviews with members of various departments. Interview questions were surprisingly all very situational/personality based rather than finance-based. Overall, the process was not difficult, but it was definitely intimidating. Interviewed on a Thursday, received offer the following Tuesday. Quick turn around rate.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? How did you hear of Morgan Stanley? Describe to me the role that you are applying for. What do you think of our current business model?   Answer Question