Morgan Stanley

2.8

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

there were three one on one interviews with different managers and directors and a group project that we were given a case and presented to the same managers and directors it took about three hours, but overall was not that difficult

Interview Questions
    • All Behavioral questions - Example: Name a time you saw unethical behavior and how did you respond   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Campus interview first one on one then call you for a second/ final interview at main office of where your applying. At the office you get 2 one on one interviews mainly behavioral and then one group interview but it could be switched. The group interview could have about 5 to 10 people.

Reconciliation Utility Control Specialist- Firmwide Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

I applied through the company's career page. After one week, I received an email asking my availability for an interview. There was little scheduling hiccup. The HR department doesn't seem very organized. I ended up calling a recruiting specialist from NY office because according to her my phone can't be contacted. She asked usual interview questions - "Why did you leave your last job?", "Why Morgan Stanley?". I didn't know I was scheduled for an in person interview until the day before the scheduled interview. I came in and was interviewed for 2 hours by 4 different people - one after the other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are usual behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

After applying online, I had a phone interview with HR. Then if you're selected, there's a 3 1:1 interview. Basic interview questions and behavioral questions. It was a neutral experience, just be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most successful thing you did in the past 12 months?
      Also, there were brain teasers. Be prepared to work through them.

Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

describe one valuation task you have conduct before and tell them how you supervise your team at that time

describe one most stressful situation you ever met

describe how you fell and generally deal with aggressive people in your work

describe one team work experience

The" resume part "matters the most and it's the time to show work ethic, skills, and motivations and other staff.

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through career center. HR called me to set up 1st round phone interview. Asked basic questions: Why finance, why MS, what sets you apart from everyone else.

I got an email a few days later inviting me for SuperDay which consisted of three 20 min. behavioral interviews and one 60 min group activity which was fairly easy. Got a call a few days later saying that they wanted to extend an offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you have faced an ethical dilemma and tell me how you handled it   Answer Question
    Very easy negotiation. They said they were excited to have me and I immediately accepted

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Pre night at school, one 30 minute interview on campus. Got a call back for final round interviews. All behavioral questions -- be yourself and be smart. Group project while upper level management observed; they want to know your thought process so make sure you're vocal.

Interview Questions
    Great program; HR gives you enough time to decide. Awesome place to intern/work.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

I applied through my university, was selected for an on-campus 30 minutes interview. I was invited to Superday (final rounds) the next day, had two 30 minutes interviews and a group activity while they monitored. The interviews were all behavioral just make sure you ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral nothing unexpected. Know why you want to work in that division and why Morgan Stanley and be ready to ask question because the interview is a two way streak.   Answer Question
    No i didn't, accepted what they offered which was reasonable.

Summer Analyst Baltimore Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

first round behavioral

final round in MS office in Baltimore: 2 behavioral and one group activity

the group activity is a building a new MS office out of the supplies they give you, and the idea of what they are looking for. As you build the office, they take away supplies from your team to see how you react. Then you present the final product in a 5 min presentation.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

Initial communication was an email response to my online resume submission via my university's career services, after which I scheduled a brief phone interview with a representative from the company. A few after days the phone interview I received another email inviting me to interview in person with the company the next week; this included two 1:1 interviews with mid-level managers at the company and a group activity with other applicants to demonstrate our ability to work with a team. The 1:1 interviews were 30 minutes long each, and mainly covered relevant previous experiences and provided more information about the Operations Analyst role at the company. Overall it was a less stressful interview process than I expected from such a large organization, and the office environment I observed was very professional, everyone at their desks engaged in their work or talking with coworkers about their work.

Interview Questions
    • There were not many unexpected or technical questions in either interview, but the most difficult questions was "Why do you want to work Morgan Stanley?" because the only way to have a genuine answer to this question is to have done at least a little research about the company in preparation, and it is very open-ended, a chance to demonstrate to the interviewer that you are truly motivated to work towards becoming a valuable team member in the organization.   Answer Question