Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Client Processing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for the interview on a Wednesday and was called and offered the job on Friday. The process was longer for this interview (I had interviewed for a Business Analyst job the day before at Morgan Stanley). I was at the downtown office for over two hours and met with four different directors, each of which helps manage the operations team. I felt like they were overall looking for more of a personality fit than anything else as a lot of the questions weren't financial/operations in nature. In fact, two of the directors were marketing majors before working at MS, so finance knowledge wasn't required. I think they were looking for people who can learn quickly and fit in with the existing team personality wise. They did give me "what if" scenarios and told me to use my background (recent college grad) to explain how I had confronted a similar situation and dealt with it. The people that I met with were very nice, and the interview was enjoyable for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of operations?
      When was there a time that you had to deal with a problem and overcome it?
      How did you overcome the problem?
      Why do you want to work in operations/Morgan Stanley?

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was notified I was selected for a first round interview 3 days later. The first round interviews took place on-campus a week after the notification and consisted of one-on-one with an operations director. I was notified I made it to the final round the next morning and went to their office a day later. The Super Day consisted of two 1:1 interviews and a group exercise with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed
      Describe a time you worked on a team
      Describe a time you were wrong
      What makes you a good fit for a corporate job?
      Describe a difficult conversation you've had

Group Exercise: City limits are a square, and the downtown area is another square in the the center of the city. Design a network of primary and secondary roadways to allow easy travel to the downtown area while keeping costs as low as possible. (20 minutes)
      -Who do you think was a leader?
      -Who would you like to work with again?
      -What did someone do well?
      -What would you change?

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Call from HR representative, brief phone interview, then brought into offices for their Super Day final round interviews which consisted of four separate 1/2 hour interviews with members of various departments. Interview questions were surprisingly all very situational/personality based rather than finance-based. Overall, the process was not difficult, but it was definitely intimidating. Interviewed on a Thursday, received offer the following Tuesday. Quick turn around rate.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      How did you hear of Morgan Stanley?
      Describe to me the role that you are applying for.
      What do you think of our current business model?

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

there were three one on one interviews with different managers and directors and a group project that we were given a case and presented to the same managers and directors it took about three hours, but overall was not that difficult

Interview Questions

• All Behavioral questions - Example: Name a time you saw unethical behavior and how did you respond   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Campus interview first one on one then call you for a second/ final interview at main office of where your applying. At the office you get 2 one on one interviews mainly behavioral and then one group interview but it could be switched. The group interview could have about 5 to 10 people.

Reconciliation Utility Control Specialist- Firmwide Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through the company's career page. After one week, I received an email asking my availability for an interview. There was little scheduling hiccup. The HR department doesn't seem very organized. I ended up calling a recruiting specialist from NY office because according to her my phone can't be contacted. She asked usual interview questions - "Why did you leave your last job?", "Why Morgan Stanley?". I didn't know I was scheduled for an in person interview until the day before the scheduled interview. I came in and was interviewed for 2 hours by 4 different people - one after the other.

Interview Questions

• Questions are usual behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I had a phone interview with HR. Then if you're selected, there's a 3 1:1 interview. Basic interview questions and behavioral questions. It was a neutral experience, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What was the most successful thing you did in the past 12 months?
      Also, there were brain teasers. Be prepared to work through them.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Towson, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Presentation talking with current employees a week before. Then a mandatory meeting for a group of individuals who made the first cut followed by the 1 on 1 interview with Morgan Stanley.

Interview Questions

• The questions were just the basic behavioral. Asked to describe the program in your own words.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

describe one valuation task you have conduct before and tell them how you supervise your team at that time

describe one most stressful situation you ever met

describe how you fell and generally deal with aggressive people in your work

describe one team work experience

The" resume part "matters the most and it's the time to show work ethic, skills, and motivations and other staff.

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied through career center. HR called me to set up 1st round phone interview. Asked basic questions: Why finance, why MS, what sets you apart from everyone else.

I got an email a few days later inviting me for SuperDay which consisted of three 20 min. behavioral interviews and one 60 min group activity which was fairly easy. Got a call a few days later saying that they wanted to extend an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have faced an ethical dilemma and tell me how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy negotiation. They said they were excited to have me and I immediately accepted