Morgan Stanley Interview Questions & Reviews in Budapest

3.4

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

The interviewing process was a bit slow, but very correct.

My first interview was a phone screening and some HR discussion, which took 30-40 mins and covered OOP principles, basic C# coding questions, multithreading, etc.

The second (C# core), the third (Tech-breadth) and the 4th (Manager?) interviews were on site with 2 different teams, both took 1 hour each. Some of the questions were covering the phone screening ones again, language elements, data-structures, algorithms and problem solving. On the tech-breadth interview I was asked about OSes, networking, XML, multithreading, web protocols, etc.. The manager interview was kind of an inter-personal discussion with situational examples, motivation, etc..

The very last interview was a team-fit interview, which was a bit redundant and is a kind of a mixture of all the above again within my new team-members.

All in all it was good and I am glad that I was hired.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

I applied last year for the bologna internship at Morgan Stanley Hungary. The interview had 4 stages.

The first round was an average online application form that also required cv and cover letter submission.

This stage was followed by an SHS online test. Numerical, logical and speed test.

The third stage was a telephone interview, which focused on motivation and skills.

The fourth and final round was an assessment centre held at the office. Here we had 3 interviews:

- group excercise
    - HR interview
    - manager interview
    - social mingling in the meantime

6 weeks later we got the results.

Interview Questions
    • Financial and accounting related questions - moslty general and a few definitions eg. Balance sheet items, accruals, etc   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Excel test was the 1st round, questions weren't difficult, but you will only have limited time. 2nd round was made up of interviews with local representatives and video conferences with senior and leader employess from New York. People are really kind, you shouldn't be worried at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tipical situation questions, however these questions may be difficult to be answered by a freshgrad, withless work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2012.

The hiring process was straightforward, although very slow. I had 6 round of interviews with different teams. Some of these was technical, some of the specific to a technology and 2 manager interviews. Everybody was helpful during the interview process, the HR contact which I had was very kind and positive, i was always kept up to date where are we with the process

Interview Questions
    • There were some problem solving questions which surprised me.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, They gave what I asked for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2011.

There was a group exercise for 6 people. In the exercise we had conflicting interests, different information, information coming in different times. It was described as the most difficult group exercise.
    Then there was a competency interview, focusing on skill, Morgan Stanley values,such as integrity.
    There was also a techncal interview focusing on accounting/financialknowledge

Interview Questions
    • Group exercise focused on Business Continuity Planning.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

I had 3 rounds of interviews. They were logical and mathematical and programming related questions. They asked about my previous programming experience and I had to explain my biggest project so far. Probability and statistics are the most important in mathematical questions. Questions about dices, coins and their probabilities can be expected.

Interview Questions
    • A decision making simulation with 6 other people. We had to make decision on a company investment.   Answer Question

Fresh Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

First intreview - telephone
    was about myself, my personal professional experiene, my knowledge

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First you send in your CV, transcript and other certificates and documents you think might support your application. Then if the prescreening finds you are MS-fit, they send you an internet-based test that consists of 3 parts: (1) IQ test (2) quick grasp of questions that need calculations (generally a set of tables for each) (3) number recognition (you have to tell in each row whether the two 6 digit- or more numbers that you see are identical as quick as possible). If you did well you get invited for the personal interview that has also 3 parts: (1) Accounting vocabulary, use of Excel, professional background; (2) your skills, sociability; (3) the HR interview on salary.

Interview Questions
    • A thorough knowledge of not only the company and its international presence but the departments of the Budapest office, too.   View Answer
    If you are good enough don't be afraid to ask more than the HR first proposes. I asked for flexible work hours and possibility to attend university next to work and they granted it.

LEG Regulatory Documentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

In general, you have to apply at least 10 interviews (I had 13) sometimes with the same people. The organization is perfect - everyone arrives on time and in accordance with agreed schedule. The interviews can be run personally, via phone, skype or video call. In case position is management level (i.e., vice president) be ready to talk to the Head of local and NY office. I have the details of the interviewers, however don't want to share it due to the reason that finally I had no final decision (for an unknown reason)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were: the methods and tools of process analysis; to describe yourself and your experience in 2 minutes   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Approx a week after the online aptitude test and a short, informal phone interview there was an AC. The AC consisted of two 45 minutes long interview - technical and personal -, a shorter HR interview, and a Group Discussion.
    The interviewers were quite friendly. There weren't any hard-to-answer technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • In the GD, each applicant got a role of a manager responsible for different areas. The task was about allocating a given tight budget within 1 hour.
      After 30 minutes we were told that the remaining time was decreased to 10 minutes, and the initial budged was cut by 20%.
        Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!