Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was straightforward, although very slow. I had 6 round of interviews with different teams. Some of these was technical, some of the specific to a technology and 2 manager interviews. Everybody was helpful during the interview process, the HR contact which I had was very kind and positive, i was always kept up to date where are we with the process

Interview Question – There were some problem solving questions which surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, They gave what I asked for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2011.

Interview Details – There was a group exercise for 6 people. In the exercise we had conflicting interests, different information, information coming in different times. It was described as the most difficult group exercise.
Then there was a competency interview, focusing on skill, Morgan Stanley values,such as integrity.
There was also a techncal interview focusing on accounting/financialknowledge

Interview Question – Group exercise focused on Business Continuity Planning.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 rounds of interviews. They were logical and mathematical and programming related questions. They asked about my previous programming experience and I had to explain my biggest project so far. Probability and statistics are the most important in mathematical questions. Questions about dices, coins and their probabilities can be expected.

Interview Question – A decision making simulation with 6 other people. We had to make decision on a company investment.   Answer Question

Fresh Graduate Program Interview

Fresh Graduate Program
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Interview Details – First intreview - telephone
was about myself, my personal professional experiene, my knowledge

Interview Question – None, it was a HR interview.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – First you send in your CV, transcript and other certificates and documents you think might support your application. Then if the prescreening finds you are MS-fit, they send you an internet-based test that consists of 3 parts: (1) IQ test (2) quick grasp of questions that need calculations (generally a set of tables for each) (3) number recognition (you have to tell in each row whether the two 6 digit- or more numbers that you see are identical as quick as possible). If you did well you get invited for the personal interview that has also 3 parts: (1) Accounting vocabulary, use of Excel, professional background; (2) your skills, sociability; (3) the HR interview on salary.

Interview Question – A thorough knowledge of not only the company and its international presence but the departments of the Budapest office, too.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are good enough don't be afraid to ask more than the HR first proposes. I asked for flexible work hours and possibility to attend university next to work and they granted it.

LEG Regulatory Documentation Manager Interview

LEG Regulatory Documentation Manager
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Interview Details – In general, you have to apply at least 10 interviews (I had 13) sometimes with the same people. The organization is perfect - everyone arrives on time and in accordance with agreed schedule. The interviews can be run personally, via phone, skype or video call. In case position is management level (i.e., vice president) be ready to talk to the Head of local and NY office. I have the details of the interviewers, however don't want to share it due to the reason that finally I had no final decision (for an unknown reason)

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were: the methods and tools of process analysis; to describe yourself and your experience in 2 minutes   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Interview Details – Approx a week after the online aptitude test and a short, informal phone interview there was an AC. The AC consisted of two 45 minutes long interview - technical and personal -, a shorter HR interview, and a Group Discussion.
The interviewers were quite friendly. There weren't any hard-to-answer technical questions.

Interview Question – In the GD, each applicant got a role of a manager responsible for different areas. The task was about allocating a given tight budget within 1 hour.
After 30 minutes we were told that the remaining time was decreased to 10 minutes, and the initial budged was cut by 20%.
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went through 5 interviewing stages, questions were very practical and I was asked about practical implementations of my knowledge

Interview Question – Questions about practical implementation of some IT programs   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

C++ Developer
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2013.

Interview Details – 6 on-site inverviews for 5 hours. the last two interviews were pointless.

Interview Question – what's the biggest mistake of java generics?   View Answer

Associate Developer Interview

Associate Developer
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2009.

Interview Details – 4 interviews: phone screening, core competency, technical breadth, manager interview.
exhausting.

Interview Question – something regarding JVM internals   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice in Budapest. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.