Morgan Stanley

3.4

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

Online application - basic information, CV (no cover letter asked)

after 1 week

Telephone - The process start with a telephone interview. It was basic, short and only asked about motivation and short test for english communication ability.

I was invited for an online test (48h deadline) and a personal interview for the same week

online test: 2 it takes 2 hours and quite hard logical reasoning question. Basic numeric and logical skills.

Interview - 4 interview in a row
    1, HR 30 min - question about CV, competences, a few behaviour based question
    2, 3 short 20 minutes interview with different team leaders and the local leader.

After a short introduction hey ask some CV based question and after I have to ask question and the interview looked more like an informal conversation. The athomsphare was really good.

I got answere after 6 days.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to improve to do this job? What is your weakest skill which connected to the financial analyst position.   View Answer
    It's a fresh graduate postition without any option for negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Excel test was the 1st round, questions weren't difficult, but you will only have limited time. 2nd round was made up of interviews with local representatives and video conferences with senior and leader employess from New York. People are really kind, you shouldn't be worried at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tipical situation questions, however these questions may be difficult to be answered by a freshgrad, withless work experience.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

I applied last year for the bologna internship at Morgan Stanley Hungary. The interview had 4 stages.

The first round was an average online application form that also required cv and cover letter submission.

This stage was followed by an SHS online test. Numerical, logical and speed test.

The third stage was a telephone interview, which focused on motivation and skills.

The fourth and final round was an assessment centre held at the office. Here we had 3 interviews:

- group excercise
    - HR interview
    - manager interview
    - social mingling in the meantime

6 weeks later we got the results.

Interview Questions
    • Financial and accounting related questions - moslty general and a few definitions eg. Balance sheet items, accruals, etc   Answer Question

Fresh Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

First intreview - telephone
    was about myself, my personal professional experiene, my knowledge

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First you send in your CV, transcript and other certificates and documents you think might support your application. Then if the prescreening finds you are MS-fit, they send you an internet-based test that consists of 3 parts: (1) IQ test (2) quick grasp of questions that need calculations (generally a set of tables for each) (3) number recognition (you have to tell in each row whether the two 6 digit- or more numbers that you see are identical as quick as possible). If you did well you get invited for the personal interview that has also 3 parts: (1) Accounting vocabulary, use of Excel, professional background; (2) your skills, sociability; (3) the HR interview on salary.

Interview Questions
    • A thorough knowledge of not only the company and its international presence but the departments of the Budapest office, too.   View Answer
    If you are good enough don't be afraid to ask more than the HR first proposes. I asked for flexible work hours and possibility to attend university next to work and they granted it.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Approx a week after the online aptitude test and a short, informal phone interview there was an AC. The AC consisted of two 45 minutes long interview - technical and personal -, a shorter HR interview, and a Group Discussion.
    The interviewers were quite friendly. There weren't any hard-to-answer technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • In the GD, each applicant got a role of a manager responsible for different areas. The task was about allocating a given tight budget within 1 hour.
      After 30 minutes we were told that the remaining time was decreased to 10 minutes, and the initial budged was cut by 20%.

Answer Question

Market Modeling Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Two rounds of telephone intreviews, the first was a HR interview, the second was more technical, with math questions.

Personal interviews (two weeks later):
    2 technical interviews, where we solved math problems
    1 interpersonal interview, with HR
    1 manager interview with executive directors

Most of the interviewers have PhD in math or physics so prepare to meet tough questions. If you are not familiar with linear algebra, statistics, probability, do not waste your/their time :)
    The phone interviews and most of the personal interviews are in English.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had to work on multiple tasks.
      Tell me about your educational background.
      What is a swap? What are options?

Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2013.

First step was a telephone interview. First in your original language then in English. Basic questions about your CV, motivation and skills.
    After that Assesment Center was the next. It started with a presentation about MS and the local office. Then a group exercise, we made groups of 6 and had to discuss the financial plan of a company and share the cash funds between areas, we had 30 minutes to do this. And of course we had to speak english, and 4-5 people watched the whole exercise and asked questions after we finished. And then we had 3 interviews, a 15-minute long HR interview, about your schools, plans, experiences, in your language. Then a 30-45 minute long technical interview in English, about accounting and financial topics, it depended on the person who made the interview, and a 30-45 minutes long interpersonal interview, about you, your skills, motivation, and soft skills mostly.

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2013.

6 on-site inverviews for 5 hours. the last two interviews were pointless.

Interview Questions
    • what's the biggest mistake of java generics?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2013.

Went through 5 interviewing stages, questions were very practical and I was asked about practical implementations of my knowledge

Interview Questions
    • Questions about practical implementation of some IT programs   Answer Question