Morgan Stanley Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Asked about software development experience I don't have   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Questions

• Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
    I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
    The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Questions

• Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was referred by someone in a different department whom I'd spoken to about a position that had been filled. He liked me enough to refer me on to another group despite the lack of openings in his own group. I then had in-person interviews with three people; a lower-level staffer who would have been my direct manager, the head of the group, and the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• How would you get the attention and buy-in of senior-level executives who really had no interest in supporting your project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Describe SDLC? and also abt the projects in the resume

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

It consisted of phone interview followed by face to face. question were target at what i have mentioned on my resume. ranging from technical to behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I've had two phone interviews with two people followed by in-person interview with two people - all within 30 days period. Sr. Manager was also on the in-person interview schedule but had to go to a meeting on a short notice. Overall, my experience was good. Very pleasant people and very relaxed atmosphere during the interview. Questions were asked related to the position I was considered for, i.e. my experience with various aspects of the job. I felt that one person was very prepared for the interview - asked all the right questions. The other person was sort of shooting in all directions without having a specific set of questions in mind.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult/challenging problem you had to deal with at your past job(s)?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2013.

Interview

Asking previous experience and how technical you are

Interview Questions

• Asking how you wrote a certain SQL statement via the phone   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2009.

Interview

HR contacted me, it was a reasonably long process, spoke to several different analysts, associates and the human ressources department. the job offer was OK, the pay was not that great but it is a mainly bonus focused industry. would i do it again? probably, especially given there were few alternatives at the time.

Interview Questions

• How high is the Empire State Building?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2008.

Interview

This was a standard one on one interview. I believe I interviewed one on one with three different people for about fifteen minutes each. No remarkable questions. Everything was tailored to get to know you better.