Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Question – Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Question – Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about software development experience I don't have   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by someone in a different department whom I'd spoken to about a position that had been filled. He liked me enough to refer me on to another group despite the lack of openings in his own group. I then had in-person interviews with three people; a lower-level staffer who would have been my direct manager, the head of the group, and the head of the department.

Interview Question – How would you get the attention and buy-in of senior-level executives who really had no interest in supporting your project?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details – Describe SDLC? and also abt the projects in the resume

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2010.

Interview Details – It consisted of phone interview followed by face to face. question were target at what i have mentioned on my resume. ranging from technical to behavioral.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2010.

Interview Details – I've had two phone interviews with two people followed by in-person interview with two people - all within 30 days period. Sr. Manager was also on the in-person interview schedule but had to go to a meeting on a short notice. Overall, my experience was good. Very pleasant people and very relaxed atmosphere during the interview. Questions were asked related to the position I was considered for, i.e. my experience with various aspects of the job. I felt that one person was very prepared for the interview - asked all the right questions. The other person was sort of shooting in all directions without having a specific set of questions in mind.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult/challenging problem you had to deal with at your past job(s)?   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2013.

Interview Details – Asking previous experience and how technical you are

Interview Question – Asking how you wrote a certain SQL statement via the phone   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2008.

Interview Details – This was a standard one on one interview. I believe I interviewed one on one with three different people for about fifteen minutes each. No remarkable questions. Everything was tailored to get to know you better.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2009.

Interview Details – HR contacted me, it was a reasonably long process, spoke to several different analysts, associates and the human ressources department. the job offer was OK, the pay was not that great but it is a mainly bonus focused industry. would i do it again? probably, especially given there were few alternatives at the time.

Interview Question – How high is the Empire State Building?   View Answer

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!