Morgan Stanley

Updated Jul 8, 2014

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
  • Asked about software development experience I don't have   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Questions
    • Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
    I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
    The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2012.

I was referred by someone in a different department whom I'd spoken to about a position that had been filled. He liked me enough to refer me on to another group despite the lack of openings in his own group. I then had in-person interviews with three people; a lower-level staffer who would have been my direct manager, the head of the group, and the head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get the attention and buy-in of senior-level executives who really had no interest in supporting your project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Describe SDLC? and also abt the projects in the resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2010.

It consisted of phone interview followed by face to face. question were target at what i have mentioned on my resume. ranging from technical to behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2010.

I've had two phone interviews with two people followed by in-person interview with two people - all within 30 days period. Sr. Manager was also on the in-person interview schedule but had to go to a meeting on a short notice. Overall, my experience was good. Very pleasant people and very relaxed atmosphere during the interview. Questions were asked related to the position I was considered for, i.e. my experience with various aspects of the job. I felt that one person was very prepared for the interview - asked all the right questions. The other person was sort of shooting in all directions without having a specific set of questions in mind.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult/challenging problem you had to deal with at your past job(s)?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2013.

Asking previous experience and how technical you are

Interview Questions
    • Asking how you wrote a certain SQL statement via the phone   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2009.

HR contacted me, it was a reasonably long process, spoke to several different analysts, associates and the human ressources department. the job offer was OK, the pay was not that great but it is a mainly bonus focused industry. would i do it again? probably, especially given there were few alternatives at the time.

Interview Questions
    • How high is the Empire State Building?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2008.

This was a standard one on one interview. I believe I interviewed one on one with three different people for about fifteen minutes each. No remarkable questions. Everything was tailored to get to know you better.