Morgan Stanley Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

I was made aware of the position by a spouse of a current employee. I submitted my application online and was contacted first by phone to organize the first interview. This was with myself and the hiring manager. I was called back the following day to organize a second interview with the hiring manager and a few financial advisors I would be supporting. They all took turns asking me questions ranging from my personal background, why I wanted to be in the finance field when it wasn't what I went to school for, how I specifically could be of help to the team, what projects I would like to work on, how long I would like to work for them, etc. Throughout the entire interview process, the questions would relatively standard for an interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would I do if a financial advisor or anyone at the office approached me and asked if I could make an illegal trade or do something that would violate Blue Sky law.   Answer Question
My offer was lower than what I anticipated, but acceptable. I asked if I there was any room to negotiate, however, there was not because of my lack of experience in the field. Therefore I accepted the initial offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Was interviewed by local management. Was initially referred by an employment service, but they don't use them anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were strictly limited to my past experience and what I hoped to gain from employment there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Possibly the worst experience I've ever had with an interview. First, the recruiter was about 45 minutes late. When he arrives, he doesn't bother shaking my hand, gave no eye contact, and does not crack a single smile. His first words as we sat down was "You're my 9th interview today so please pardon the yawning". After that, there was a few minutes of awkward silence as he read my resume. I find out immediately that he was not prepared for the interview and did not have any relevant questions to ask. Just about every single question I answered, he yawned and never glanced at me. He would talked about how he has so many years of experience in the industry and blah blah blah about himself. Recruiter was extremely rude and a huge d*****bag. Glad I didnt get an offer from their office.

Interview Questions
    • interviewer was ill-prepared and could not clarify his questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Had a short phone interview was invited to come in for a face to face interview. Had a difficult time getting a time to come in but eventually figured out the scheduling. Met with a women in the management department, she spoke at me for about 45 min and then met with a FA. Very friendly almost too relaxed but I left feeling good. Never heard back not even to tell me I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions? Pretty tough cause they didn't ask me any.   Answer Question