Morgan Stanley

Updated Nov 2, 2014

3.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I got an interview on campus and then got invited back for a super day in New York. The day started with a group activity, then we had to say who we thought the leader was, then a writing sample. Following the activity, I had 3 1 on 1 interviews where I was asked different questions to gauge my personality. One technical question by on interviewer about accounting.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied through on campus recruiting and got emailed about an interview slot about two weeks later. I interviewed with two people, a recent graduate of my school as well as a more senior person who had been working with the company for longer. They were very friendly and nice. I researched the position and MS but I had no prior experience with anything in the field. This didn't seem to be an issue as long as I could tie back how my resume applied to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected. Mostly behavioral and walking through the resume, highlighting relevant experience   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

Applied through my school, had 2 in person interviews at my school. Was then asked back for a Superday in the NYC office. Everything seemed well and then I never received contact. Surprised that at such a high powered firm the HR department could just leave you hanging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2013.

Started off as two 30-minute phone interviews. Then got called in for a 3-hour super day. The day begins with a fun team activity (unrelated to finance) for you to demonstrate teamwork, time management, and responsiveness to new challenges. Then 3 one-on-one interviews with an associate, a VP, and a director. 2/3 behavioral, 1/3 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Why MS? Why credit risk? How do the IS/BS/CF relate? Describe a mistake you made. Greatest accomplishment? If you only had 1 hour to issue a credit rating for a company, what steps would you follow? If we were considering a loan to a cargo airline, what would you like at specific to this industry?   Answer Question

Received an offer from a leading smaller firm where I'll make a bigger impact and receive more attention.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Applied through job fair. And after 2 weeks, received the phone interview. All questions are about differential equation or how to calculate the present value of swap legs. And one math question about the expectation, matlab code questions. The whole process lasted about half an hour, the interviewer is nice.

Interview Questions
    • Black Scholes equation, and the price of call option and put option. Gamma and how to gamma hedge the options. Stochastic Calculus. Swap price. KMV model. No question about my education or experience, all technical questions.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

apply through school career website and interviewed on campus, 2 interviewers 30 minutes, go through resume and asked some questions quite similar with equity research, interviewers spoke pretty fast
    i am not that into this job, so did not perform very well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2010.

7 Rounds. Everyone was nice. They wanted to know 1) why they should hire me 2) How well I understood risk 3) Why I wanted to job 4) My technical skill set.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate primarily because I interviewed in an "employers market".

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

online application with CV and cover letter submission, then 1 week later got email from a VP and had 15min phone interview. 2 weeks later invited to AC and had whole day AC at london office. the phone interview was really concise and all about behavioural. the AC included 5 or 6 1:1 interviews with VPs and Directors all about your CV. Group discussion was about deciding a best investment option with each candidate represented one option.

Interview Questions
    • not much, just common questions, lots of behavioural, several tech questions including financial statements. the case study at the AC is very simple and straight forward. they required you to present both written and presentation on the case but i really feel the written one is not as important as the presentation.

i made several mistakes in the case study and i think it was what stopped me from the hiring process.
        Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2013.

Initial contact via telephone and informed that I was to receive an email with some questions I would have to answer and a test link in order to take an online test. Took the online test and submitted the answers to the questions. I was later contacted by HR via telephone to be informed that they wanted to continue with the interview process. They scheduled a 45 minutes telephone interview with a Credit Risk Officer. The interview consisted of technical questions.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

firstly, they asked me about my basic information, working experience.
    Then,VBA questions,. SQL questions.
    What are market risk, credit risk, operational risk?
    Basel II & Basel III???