Morgan Stanley

Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Got interview invitation through campus recruiting. Had 30 minute on campus interview. There were questions : why Morgan Stanley, why equity research, walk me through your resume, pitch me a stock, current market news, lots of specific questions about valuation. What's you weakness,what was your biggest failure? What's your goal in life? Good experience in overall. I had a great interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of technical questions about valuation of companies   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

It was pretty formal. Went through 4 rounds of interview. Due to restructuring, the process took much longer than anticipated. Questions were relatively straightforward. The most important thing is to get along with the hiring manager. If he/she has a good impression, you may at least get to the final round.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Three part interview. Phone screening. Bring you in for mutliple interviews. Will keep you waiting on decision, especially if you are a more low level candiate that does not have many other options. Team diagnostic exercises. Meetings can be abrupt. Do not expect to easily lock this down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2012.

I participated in recruitment while I was abroad for my entire Junior year. I received a first round interview after I emailed a recruiter explaining why I wanted to pursue an internship with Equity Research and specifically Morgan Stanley. I had a first round interview, which was followed up with a Superday interview with 4 employees and managers in the NYC offices over winter break. Afterwards, I received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If you had $100,000, would you invest it short term into the stock market or keep it in cash? (Asked right after the fiscal cliff legislation was passed)   Answer Question
    They told me the day after my final round interview that they wanted to wait and see the other candidates before making an official decision (due in Feb). Shortly afterwards I received an internship offer with McKinsey & Company. I notified Morgan Stanley and they immediately turned around with an offer, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Question: pitch a stock? what do you do in your spare time? Discounted Cash Flows?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

-Walked through resume
    -Stock pitch
    -Asked questions about the internship

Interview Questions
    • When the discount rate is lowered in a DCF model, what happens to NPV?   View Answer
    • Talk to us about any financial competitions you have participated in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2008.

Started with phone interview with HR, then multiple rounds (like an absurd amount) of in person interviews with my analyst and other members of the equity research team. As a skills test, i was sent a model with some values messed up or missing and i had to fix it and return it in 30 mins.

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2010.

There were two 30 minute interviews on the phone. Both employees were very kind and accommodating and asking mainly behavioral questions. Only one accounting question that kind of threw me for a loop. I haven't heard back if I've made it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • If depreciation increases, what happens to the financial statements?   View Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2010.

Initial phone screening and then in person interviews with 4 analysts

Interview Questions
    • How many trips are made on the London underground every day.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2009.

Started with an initial phone screening consisting mostly of walking through my resume and behavioral questions. I was then asked to come in and meet the Managing Director of the group which was later followed up with me coming in and meeting with the team. End result was that they were looking for someone with more experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you research and analyze the impact of the Palm Pre on the marketplace?   Answer Question