Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – Staffing agency was able to secure an interview, and got the job at the first interview.

Menlo Park, CA

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – This is for their Menlo Park office. I was sent an email from them requesting my availability in a time to talk about the role and my background. I emailed my contact on three different occasions and I never heard back from them.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2010.

Interview Details – I met with five different people from the team, they asked some difficult questions about why I had left my last job and how long I planned to stay on if I was hired. They asked me everything about my resume and about my past salaris, references, and bosses.

Interview Question – how do you think you would handle internal problems within the team?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I submitted resume online, received phone call following afternoon and had phone interview with head office. Had 1 on 1 interview in local office, which was more of a chat as I had qualifications they were looking for, so it was more of a personality check. Offer by phone was made within 15 minutes of leaving the office.

Interview Question – This was not a difficult interview, it was more of a formality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Executive Assistant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on line and was called by a recruiter in hr. She interviewed me for 20 minutes and then invited me in to meet with the vp who I would be reporting to. I came in a few days later..the interview was rather odd I would say. She didn't really ask me too much. She just read my resume and told me that the job description was everthing that I've done before. She just basically needed someone with common sense to fill the position. I must not have shown enough common sense because I did not get a call for a second interview and wasn't told why. Just that the position was no longer in need of recruitment.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth, fast paced and responsive. I received immediate feedback at the conclusion of my initial interview and had already scheduled another day to come back. Additionally, they were able to accomodate evening interview times as it was difficult for me to leave my other position early.

Interview Question – What do you know about me? (asked by one of the senior bankers)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Vacation and additional excused time off were negotiated.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Executive Assistant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.