Morgan Stanley

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

FAA Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I was referred to the branch manager by a friend of my fathers. I already had a series 7 so they had me take a personality test which I had passed. A week later I made a business plan in detail with an overview of how I will bring assets and manage my time efficiently. Two weeks later I met with the complex director and branch manager and was offered a position. I received the formal offer a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, Just my prior experience as a registered representative. The director and branch manager were very friendly and happy to interview me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was shocked on how high the salary was. I was happy to have the opportunity and didn not care much about the salary considering you make a majority of your income from commissions.

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Referred to FAA program by employee. Signed up for account online. Filled out info. Had multiple interviews. Lengthy process.

Interview Question – Standard Interview   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process was fine. You go thru an online application, and a few online assessment tests. You then have in person interviews, typically 3-4. It takes around 2-3 weeks. Make sure you have a business plan mapped out in your mind, as you will work on one for the interview.

Interview Question – I'm sure you'll be in at 730am as I am also in at that time, correct?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online then I was sent an online assessment. A few weeks later I received a phone call, where I had three interviews. In the middle of the interviews I had to submit business plan.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a client that has lost $2 million dollars and is ready to pull out the rest of their assets?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Applied online. One month later had a telephone interview. Completed online personality and math test and created a detailed business plan. Was then called in for an interview with the Assistant Branch Manager as well as the Complex Manager.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Just about process, history, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley FAA interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.