Morgan Stanley

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Call by recruiter, phone interview with Branch Manager (non-producing), in person interview with Branch Manager, and then in person with complex manager.

You have to take a personality and financial acumen test--both are easy.

Interview Question – None really--basic stuff. "Give me an example of a challenge you overcame"--etc.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Declined because the base was too low. Also,

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to a branch manager by a friend at Merrill. The branch manager gave me a series of exams addressing financial math, markets, series 7 topics, etc... He also gave me a template for a business plan. I then went in for an interview, which I admittedly did not prepare for. All in all it took around 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What is your target assets under management goal in the first 6 months?   View Answer

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – -Initial phone interview
-Online personality test
-3 office interviews

Process took about 4 months start to finish. They test your personality to confirm you're suitable for the position, and the rest of the process was spent meeting with various members of the office to reiterate the difficulty of the job.

Interview Question – Did not receive any perticularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Your initial compensation is negotiable up to a certain extent.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.