Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, asked how I was going to find new business, where I thought the markets were headed, and how I thought my previous experience would help me in this position. They wanted to see how I think on my feet and to check for fit. It wasn't too difficult, and I think it was positive overall.

Interview Questions

• How is the performance of the dollar affecting the market?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Naples, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very long. It took about three months, 4 interviews but the questions are all the same. What are you going to do different? How are you going to achieve your goals?

Interview Questions

• Marketing. What are you going to do as far to marketing yourself and branding yourself?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Interview

Called for an in person interview with one of the managers. Asked how many high net clients i know and warned me that 90% of the people fail in their first three months. Gave his story about how hard it was for him in his first 3 years. They are basically looking for people who already have their licences and can take over their candidates clients.

Interview Questions

• how would you try to get the maximum funds out of a potential client   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Very thorough process to weed out competition. Great job for someone in their late 20's or early 30's looking to build a business. Not the best 2nd career for later in life people

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

There was a very easy online reasoning/math exam followed by a sales aptitude test. I was called in for an interview around two weeks after I completed the online portion. The questions were generic and relatively easy. They said that my resume spoke to my technical ability and they were more concerned with whether my personality would be a good fit. I had a second interview a week later where I had to prepare a business plan. I over-prepared the plan and they didn't really look at the content... they just wanted to see that I put in the effort. Be prepared to answer what your primary target market will be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They accepted my first salary suggestion. It doesn't really matter considering it's now phased out over a 3 year period.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Warren, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Oniline test on finance. If you have studied finance in the past this is simple. Asked to develop a business plan which means figure out how and who you will get to become clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Call by recruiter, phone interview with Branch Manager (non-producing), in person interview with Branch Manager, and then in person with complex manager.

You have to take a personality and financial acumen test--both are easy.

Interview Questions

• None really--basic stuff. "Give me an example of a challenge you overcame"--etc.   1 Answer

Declined because the base was too low. Also,

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Their process started with a few emails from a junior associate and my first interview. A three interview process including writing a business plan was explained, to last about 60 to 75 days, but not much about the job itself. It was more about me and my experiences in the industry and I was told a third interview would give me close to a 90% probability of getting the position.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was concerning my understanding of how I would have to make two to three hundred dials a week.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

I was referred to a branch manager by a friend at Merrill. The branch manager gave me a series of exams addressing financial math, markets, series 7 topics, etc... He also gave me a template for a business plan. I then went in for an interview, which I admittedly did not prepare for. All in all it took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your target assets under management goal in the first 6 months?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

-Initial phone interview
    -Online personality test
    -3 office interviews

Process took about 4 months start to finish. They test your personality to confirm you're suitable for the position, and the rest of the process was spent meeting with various members of the office to reiterate the difficulty of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your initial compensation is negotiable up to a certain extent.