Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Called for an in person interview with one of the managers. Asked how many high net clients i know and warned me that 90% of the people fail in their first three months. Gave his story about how hard it was for him in his first 3 years. They are basically looking for people who already have their licences and can take over their candidates clients.

Interview Question – how would you try to get the maximum funds out of a potential client   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Very thorough process to weed out competition. Great job for someone in their late 20's or early 30's looking to build a business. Not the best 2nd career for later in life people

Interview Question – Who do you know with $500K to invest?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – There was a very easy online reasoning/math exam followed by a sales aptitude test. I was called in for an interview around two weeks after I completed the online portion. The questions were generic and relatively easy. They said that my resume spoke to my technical ability and they were more concerned with whether my personality would be a good fit. I had a second interview a week later where I had to prepare a business plan. I over-prepared the plan and they didn't really look at the content... they just wanted to see that I put in the effort. Be prepared to answer what your primary target market will be.

Interview Question – What will be your target market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They accepted my first salary suggestion. It doesn't really matter considering it's now phased out over a 3 year period.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Call by recruiter, phone interview with Branch Manager (non-producing), in person interview with Branch Manager, and then in person with complex manager.

You have to take a personality and financial acumen test--both are easy.

Interview Question – None really--basic stuff. "Give me an example of a challenge you overcame"--etc.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Declined because the base was too low. Also,

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to a branch manager by a friend at Merrill. The branch manager gave me a series of exams addressing financial math, markets, series 7 topics, etc... He also gave me a template for a business plan. I then went in for an interview, which I admittedly did not prepare for. All in all it took around 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What is your target assets under management goal in the first 6 months?   View Answer

Financial Advisor Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – -Initial phone interview
-Online personality test
-3 office interviews

Process took about 4 months start to finish. They test your personality to confirm you're suitable for the position, and the rest of the process was spent meeting with various members of the office to reiterate the difficulty of the job.

Interview Question – Did not receive any perticularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Your initial compensation is negotiable up to a certain extent.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!