Morgan Stanley

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interview process was very long. It took about three months, 4 interviews but the questions are all the same. What are you going to do different? How are you going to achieve your goals?

Interview Questions
  • Marketing. What are you going to do as far to marketing yourself and branding yourself?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Called for an in person interview with one of the managers. Asked how many high net clients i know and warned me that 90% of the people fail in their first three months. Gave his story about how hard it was for him in his first 3 years. They are basically looking for people who already have their licences and can take over their candidates clients.

Interview Questions
    • how would you try to get the maximum funds out of a potential client   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Very thorough process to weed out competition. Great job for someone in their late 20's or early 30's looking to build a business. Not the best 2nd career for later in life people

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

There was a very easy online reasoning/math exam followed by a sales aptitude test. I was called in for an interview around two weeks after I completed the online portion. The questions were generic and relatively easy. They said that my resume spoke to my technical ability and they were more concerned with whether my personality would be a good fit. I had a second interview a week later where I had to prepare a business plan. I over-prepared the plan and they didn't really look at the content... they just wanted to see that I put in the effort. Be prepared to answer what your primary target market will be.

Interview Questions
    They accepted my first salary suggestion. It doesn't really matter considering it's now phased out over a 3 year period.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Call by recruiter, phone interview with Branch Manager (non-producing), in person interview with Branch Manager, and then in person with complex manager.

You have to take a personality and financial acumen test--both are easy.

Interview Questions
    • None really--basic stuff. "Give me an example of a challenge you overcame"--etc.   View Answer

Declined because the base was too low. Also,

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Their process started with a few emails from a junior associate and my first interview. A three interview process including writing a business plan was explained, to last about 60 to 75 days, but not much about the job itself. It was more about me and my experiences in the industry and I was told a third interview would give me close to a 90% probability of getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was concerning my understanding of how I would have to make two to three hundred dials a week.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

I was referred to a branch manager by a friend at Merrill. The branch manager gave me a series of exams addressing financial math, markets, series 7 topics, etc... He also gave me a template for a business plan. I then went in for an interview, which I admittedly did not prepare for. All in all it took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is your target assets under management goal in the first 6 months?   View Answer

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

-Initial phone interview
    -Online personality test
    -3 office interviews

Process took about 4 months start to finish. They test your personality to confirm you're suitable for the position, and the rest of the process was spent meeting with various members of the office to reiterate the difficulty of the job.

Interview Questions
    Your initial compensation is negotiable up to a certain extent.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

You will be asked to take an online assessment test. Next you will be asked to meet with a local branch manager for an hour interview. The second interview will involve meeting a coach. The third interview will be an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They questions are very easy and general; however, they only want o know if you have access to wealthy people. You must have a high net worth pipeline to be considered.   Answer Question
    They will try to hire you for the lowest amount you will accept. You must negotiate.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2010.

3 interviews. First with Branch Manager, one with a senior financial adviser and then final one with Complex Mgr. Asked about how you would reach your goals, where do you see yourself in 5 years...etc. Typical interview stuff.