Morgan Stanley

Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.3

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

multiple stages of interviews with you get hired took almost 4 weeks before. once hired you do get hired, you do get some of the best training the industry has to offer.

Interview Questions
  • do you feel you can raise 15 million dollars in 2 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

4 rounds of interviews

non-existent

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Two interviews, one with local manager, one with regional manager. Interviewing was what you would expect, with nothing unusual, involving an informative exchange of information.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

very long and unless you know somebody within the company. There are many tests and interviews over the course of a couple months.

Interview Questions
    it depends on what you have done before

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

About 1 -3 months before start date. Be prepared to sell yourself and have a basic business plan.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I was invitied to an event then got interview opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bank, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bank, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

The process was like Ground Hog Day(all over again). I first met with the local manager in 2006 and had an excellent interview. I was passed on to the complex manager with similar results. My final interview was with the complex marketing director. After driving 2 hours, I was given a cursory 11 minute interview, never to hear again. Fast forward to 2012. I received a call from the complex director (a new one) approximately 7 months after submitting an online application. After driving and hour and a half to meet him, we spent 15 minutes talking and I was passed onto the local office director. We met again, basically rehashing our interview from 6 years prior with the same result, he wished to move forward. After not hearing back for awhile, I pursued him and was told that they were not hiring now and that I might hear back in 3 months or so. At this point, I assumed that this nightmare had finally been put to rest....I was wrong. Approximately 3 months later, the local manager reached out again, asking if I would mind meeting with the new complex director (alot of stability). Not able to walk away from a train wreck, I drove an hour and a half to meet with him. I eventually got to meet with his assistant whom was dismissive, and had obviously not read any of the information giver to the prior interviewers. After 10 minutes, he told me that they were not in an active hiring phase at the time. Seeing how they deal with their own employees and prospects, I would be loathe to expose my client base to such treatment.(It looks like, no matter how many times I interview with them, though, I would never be given the opportunity to, though)

Interview Questions
    • I know weve interviewed you three previous times, offered you the position and then said we had a hiring freeze, but, would you like to interview again?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2011.

I went there. I presented myself. They asked me to describe my resume. They liked me, however they considered that I am to young to be able to make myself vizible in the field. I believe I failed the personality test that I had to take afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2011.

Extremely detailed and intensive interview process. I was asked to submit and present several business plans prior to being offered the job. They wanted to see if my line of thinking met the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a high starting pay because I had changed careers and was making a lot more prior to accepting this position and changing my career. I new I was going to take a huge pay-cut with the job/career change.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2010.

Drawn out process involving multiple interviews with a branch manager, sales manager, and complex manager.

Interview Questions
    Reasonable. Received and extra 10%.