Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

multiple stages of interviews with you get hired took almost 4 weeks before. once hired you do get hired, you do get some of the best training the industry has to offer.

Interview Questions

• do you feel you can raise 15 million dollars in 2 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• how will you build your business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-existent

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Two interviews, one with local manager, one with regional manager. Interviewing was what you would expect, with nothing unusual, involving an informative exchange of information.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

very long and unless you know somebody within the company. There are many tests and interviews over the course of a couple months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it depends on what you have done before

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

About 1 -3 months before start date. Be prepared to sell yourself and have a basic business plan.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was invitied to an event then got interview opportunities

Anonymous Employee in Red Bank, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Red Bank, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

The process was like Ground Hog Day(all over again). I first met with the local manager in 2006 and had an excellent interview. I was passed on to the complex manager with similar results. My final interview was with the complex marketing director. After driving 2 hours, I was given a cursory 11 minute interview, never to hear again. Fast forward to 2012. I received a call from the complex director (a new one) approximately 7 months after submitting an online application. After driving and hour and a half to meet him, we spent 15 minutes talking and I was passed onto the local office director. We met again, basically rehashing our interview from 6 years prior with the same result, he wished to move forward. After not hearing back for awhile, I pursued him and was told that they were not hiring now and that I might hear back in 3 months or so. At this point, I assumed that this nightmare had finally been put to rest....I was wrong. Approximately 3 months later, the local manager reached out again, asking if I would mind meeting with the new complex director (alot of stability). Not able to walk away from a train wreck, I drove an hour and a half to meet with him. I eventually got to meet with his assistant whom was dismissive, and had obviously not read any of the information giver to the prior interviewers. After 10 minutes, he told me that they were not in an active hiring phase at the time. Seeing how they deal with their own employees and prospects, I would be loathe to expose my client base to such treatment.(It looks like, no matter how many times I interview with them, though, I would never be given the opportunity to, though)

Interview Questions

• I know weve interviewed you three previous times, offered you the position and then said we had a hiring freeze, but, would you like to interview again?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pikesville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Pikesville, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

I went there. I presented myself. They asked me to describe my resume. They liked me, however they considered that I am to young to be able to make myself vizible in the field. I believe I failed the personality test that I had to take afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you are rejected?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Extremely detailed and intensive interview process. I was asked to submit and present several business plans prior to being offered the job. They wanted to see if my line of thinking met the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a high starting pay because I had changed careers and was making a lot more prior to accepting this position and changing my career. I new I was going to take a huge pay-cut with the job/career change.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Portsmouth, NH) in September 2010.

Interview

Drawn out process involving multiple interviews with a branch manager, sales manager, and complex manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonable. Received and extra 10%.