Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2010.

Interview Details – Drawn out process involving multiple interviews with a branch manager, sales manager, and complex manager.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. Just be open and honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable. Received and extra 10%.

Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – how will you build your business.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-existent

Financial Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with local manager, one with regional manager. Interviewing was what you would expect, with nothing unusual, involving an informative exchange of information.

Interview Question – No trick questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Riverwoods, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2010.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to be grueling. I had 5-interviews prior to being hired. I was asked to put together a business plan and verbally support it in one of the interviews. I did feel that I was disrespected by waiting over 45 minutes to 1.5 hours beyond my appointment time and my interviewer's attention was not 100% focused on me since he was also a producing manager and would take calls during our interview.

Interview Question – The request to come back the next day with a powerpoint presentation of a business plan to argue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, I was not savvy enough to give much effort at negotiating. I was able to raise the base compensation slightly.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – very long and unless you know somebody within the company. There are many tests and interviews over the course of a couple months.

Interview Question – can you sell?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it depends on what you have done before

Clearwater, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – About 1 -3 months before start date. Be prepared to sell yourself and have a basic business plan.

Interview Question – What about yourself could be improved upon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was through an employment agency that had set up a phone interview with Morgan Stanley. It took two phone calls with the agency and two phone calls with Morgan Stanley to complete the interviewing process.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult for me to answer as they pertained to what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a rate.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2009.

Interview Details – Many calls and emails earned me a lunch with the hiring manager. Talked over experience and book of business. Major interest in how many accounts I could bring to Morgan. Very confusing bonus program presented on a napkin. Never would put anything in writing until hired. Many repeat phone calls before granted second interview and was offered the job. Managers very busy and spend most time with top producers leaving new people to flounder. Helps to be a good looking woman to get hired and helped.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected. They did hound on past business and how many account could be stolen from old firm. I mean transferred from old firm.   View Answer

Red Bank, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Interview Details – The process was like Ground Hog Day(all over again). I first met with the local manager in 2006 and had an excellent interview. I was passed on to the complex manager with similar results. My final interview was with the complex marketing director. After driving 2 hours, I was given a cursory 11 minute interview, never to hear again. Fast forward to 2012. I received a call from the complex director (a new one) approximately 7 months after submitting an online application. After driving and hour and a half to meet him, we spent 15 minutes talking and I was passed onto the local office director. We met again, basically rehashing our interview from 6 years prior with the same result, he wished to move forward. After not hearing back for awhile, I pursued him and was told that they were not hiring now and that I might hear back in 3 months or so. At this point, I assumed that this nightmare had finally been put to rest....I was wrong. Approximately 3 months later, the local manager reached out again, asking if I would mind meeting with the new complex director (alot of stability). Not able to walk away from a train wreck, I drove an hour and a half to meet with him. I eventually got to meet with his assistant whom was dismissive, and had obviously not read any of the information giver to the prior interviewers. After 10 minutes, he told me that they were not in an active hiring phase at the time. Seeing how they deal with their own employees and prospects, I would be loathe to expose my client base to such treatment.(It looks like, no matter how many times I interview with them, though, I would never be given the opportunity to, though)

Interview Question – I know weve interviewed you three previous times, offered you the position and then said we had a hiring freeze, but, would you like to interview again?   View Answer

New York, NY

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – I was invitied to an event then got interview opportunities

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.