Morgan Stanley Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

I applied through college career center and got the notification to interview about two weeks later. After that, I was invited to the office and had an interview there with the senior level people in the office. The questions are mostly behavioral questions. I barely got any technical ones.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Each round of interviews was preceded with a Pre-Night, where you networked with employees in that group.
    First round on-campus interviews, standard questions mostly about resume and why MS.
    Second round was the super day, met with 4 different interviewers all asking standard interview questions, checking resume and financial literacy as well as knowledge about MS and the role. Had a group assignment that day, teamwork related exercise that was heavily monitored.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

My initial position within the company was as a Client Service Associate. The interview with this position was a phone interview in which I was asked a lot of "get to know you" questions: What was your favorite activity that you were a part of in college? Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years? ... I was also asked a lot of questions about groups/activities I was involved in in college.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any questions that were blind-siding. They were all pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    "We would like to offer you a position"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview consisted of two interview days each day consisted of three 30 minute interviews with different managers and executive directors of group. Consisted of basic questions why you wanted the job. What have you done previously. What makes you a leader. Any background in financial analysis or reporting. Tell me about your major etc. really quite easy

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you were leading and there were two ideas and you had to decide which was the best   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2012.

Interview was three hours long with detailed questions. It was done by three people. First part was very detailed about your character, second and third part was very detailed about your knowledge on finance and ability to work in a high speed environment

Interview Questions
    • Basic definition of terms. This was wildly surprising! Be sure to know terms!!   Answer Question

Long hours of work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2010.

Was very good cut to the chase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2008.

It was for an analyst role, there were two rounds. First round was with 3 people, all non officers and hiring manager. Second Round was with two Executive Directors.

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2011.

The interview process starts with a one on one interview and generally they take in a lot of candidates for these positions. The second round will narrow it down to a few candidates (in my case there were about 5-6). The questions are generally very easy and pretty open-ended (e.g. "Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?") and less analytical in the first two rounds.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2008.

Asked a laundry list of very generic financial questions, i.e. what was MS stock price today? Walk through resume, explain your advantages and disadvantages, what would other people say about you etc.. Then became a bit more quantitative, quick math problems without paper, probability questions, and then general knowledge of the different financial products

Interview Questions
    • During the middle of the interview they randomly ask what is 3% of 9.   View Answer

Better offer at Goldman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2008.

Was contacted by a Morgan Stanley recruiter who thought I would be a good fit for a few postions that they were working to fill. My initial interview lasted about two hours of 1 on 1 discussions with the hiring manager. The Next week I came in for a second interview with a few directors.

Interview Questions
    • In your previous position what a difficulty that you faced and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!