Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – My initial position within the company was as a Client Service Associate. The interview with this position was a phone interview in which I was asked a lot of "get to know you" questions: What was your favorite activity that you were a part of in college? Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years? ... I was also asked a lot of questions about groups/activities I was involved in in college.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any questions that were blind-siding. They were all pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "We would like to offer you a position"

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of two interview days each day consisted of three 30 minute interviews with different managers and executive directors of group. Consisted of basic questions why you wanted the job. What have you done previously. What makes you a leader. Any background in financial analysis or reporting. Tell me about your major etc. really quite easy

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you were leading and there were two ideas and you had to decide which was the best   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was three hours long with detailed questions. It was done by three people. First part was very detailed about your character, second and third part was very detailed about your knowledge on finance and ability to work in a high speed environment

Interview Question – Basic definition of terms. This was wildly surprising! Be sure to know terms!!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Long hours of work

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was very good cut to the chase

Interview Question – How much money should you be paid?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2008.

Interview Details – It was for an analyst role, there were two rounds. First round was with 3 people, all non officers and hiring manager. Second Round was with two Executive Directors.

Santa Rosa, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a one on one interview and generally they take in a lot of candidates for these positions. The second round will narrow it down to a few candidates (in my case there were about 5-6). The questions are generally very easy and pretty open-ended (e.g. "Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?") and less analytical in the first two rounds.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2008.

Interview Details – Asked a laundry list of very generic financial questions, i.e. what was MS stock price today? Walk through resume, explain your advantages and disadvantages, what would other people say about you etc.. Then became a bit more quantitative, quick math problems without paper, probability questions, and then general knowledge of the different financial products

Interview Question – During the middle of the interview they randomly ask what is 3% of 9.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer at Goldman.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2008.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a Morgan Stanley recruiter who thought I would be a good fit for a few postions that they were working to fill. My initial interview lasted about two hours of 1 on 1 discussions with the hiring manager. The Next week I came in for a second interview with a few directors.

Interview Question – In your previous position what a difficulty that you faced and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Interview Details – Excel test was the 1st round, questions weren't difficult, but you will only have limited time. 2nd round was made up of interviews with local representatives and video conferences with senior and leader employess from New York. People are really kind, you shouldn't be worried at all.

Interview Question – Tipical situation questions, however these questions may be difficult to be answered by a freshgrad, withless work experience.   Answer Question

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2011.

Interview Details – There was a group exercise for 6 people. In the exercise we had conflicting interests, different information, information coming in different times. It was described as the most difficult group exercise.
Then there was a competency interview, focusing on skill, Morgan Stanley values,such as integrity.
There was also a techncal interview focusing on accounting/financialknowledge

Interview Question – Group exercise focused on Business Continuity Planning.   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!