Morgan Stanley

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Graduate Position In Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2011.

Initial contact was 2 30 min phone interviews. Very detailed considering I wasn't coming from a finance background. e.g. 'How would you value a company?' Everything you said would then be questioned further so be sure to know what you're talking about and how everything is calculated! Other questions included 'What's the difference between debt and equity?' It was all technical, no real personality questions. I was asked at the beginning to tell them about myself in 2 min. But from there it was all technical. Another question was 'What do you think an investment banker does on a day to day basis?' Probably all easy if you were coming from the right discipline to start with but if not it was like being thrown in at the deep end.

Interview Questions