Morgan Stanley

Getting the Interview

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I was referred in for the interview. The interview was a series of basic behavioral questions. For example, how will you deal with a situation where you have multiple task to finish.

Interview Question – How do you ask for help?   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy. I had one interview which went well, just make sure you know some history about the company. After that you have to be persistent and keep constant contact to show that your are invested in getting the job

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – one on campus interview. 30 mins Duration. Mostly technical.
four on site interviews by panelists. 30 mins each. Mix of technical and Behavoural.

Interview Question – 1. FInding maximum frequency word from set of words
2. Finding unique numbers in an array
3. Heap sort
4. Reverse a linklist
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Only called in for a super day. Went to the office in Time Square and met multiple department heads who had various positions and asked various types of questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – phone interview then flew me over to NY for 2 1:1 interviews (mostly behavioral questions) and a group interview where we had to rebuild stuff we saw for a few seconds.

Interview Question – asked about how Morgan stanley as a firm will handle the greek debt crisis   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – on campus interview

Interview Question – normal questions based on my resume. Not much difficult questions   View Answer

Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Interview Details – I used the career services guidelines to get the interview. I had a decent resume and I think MS thought I was a junior. The phone interview was 45 mins and was almost all technical questions. Very difficult.

Interview Question – Typical multiples in semiconductors?   Answer Question

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral/fit questions

Interview Question – An achievement you are proud of   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and didn't have to do a first round phone interview. However, I got invited to the Institutional Equity Super Day Interviews which consisted of four 20 minute interviews back to back. They said that afterwards, they would be in contact within 2 weeks and I got a call one week later with notification.

Interview Question – What is your outlook on the global markets and how does that tie in with your domestic outlook?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through my school website, got contacted about 2 weeks later. Came into the office and had a very informal interview and was basically asked if I was energetic/outgoing. Fairly easy but caught me off-guard. Very short interview process too--just showed me the office and asked if I had any questions. Overall, very happy company.

Interview Question – Are you energetic?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Intern interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.