Morgan Stanley

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Applied directly via our school career site. Received a call a week after and scheduled an interview to meet with the hiring team. Had an interview at the Morgan Stanley offices with the managing partner of the team and was well received

Interview Questions
Hours and days was very flexible and completely up to me.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I was referred in for the interview. The interview was a series of basic behavioral questions. For example, how will you deal with a situation where you have multiple task to finish.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

I directly emailed human resources my resume. They got back to me 2 months later asking for a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions and asked me basic real estate ideas. The next day the contacted me to come in for a "superday" the following week. I met with 8 interviewers, 2 per 30 minute session

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

one on campus interview. 30 mins Duration. Mostly technical.
    four on site interviews by panelists. 30 mins each. Mix of technical and Behavoural.

Interview Questions
    • 1. FInding maximum frequency word from set of words
      2. Finding unique numbers in an array
      3. Heap sort
      4. Reverse a linklist

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Only called in for a super day. Went to the office in Time Square and met multiple department heads who had various positions and asked various types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

phone interview then flew me over to NY for 2 1:1 interviews (mostly behavioral questions) and a group interview where we had to rebuild stuff we saw for a few seconds.

Interview Questions
    • asked about how Morgan stanley as a firm will handle the greek debt crisis   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • normal questions based on my resume. Not much difficult questions   View Answer

Mostly behavioral/fit questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Applied online and didn't have to do a first round phone interview. However, I got invited to the Institutional Equity Super Day Interviews which consisted of four 20 minute interviews back to back. They said that afterwards, they would be in contact within 2 weeks and I got a call one week later with notification.

Interview Questions
    • What is your outlook on the global markets and how does that tie in with your domestic outlook?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

I used the career services guidelines to get the interview. I had a decent resume and I think MS thought I was a junior. The phone interview was 45 mins and was almost all technical questions. Very difficult.