Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Garden City, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked basic behavioral questions for internship position--
Tell me about yourself
Why finance?
Strength?
Weakness?
Did not get asked any technicals. I came off nervous and non-authentic because I over prepared for technical questions but didn't even get asked one.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview Details – I directly emailed human resources my resume. They got back to me 2 months later asking for a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions and asked me basic real estate ideas. The next day the contacted me to come in for a "superday" the following week. I met with 8 interviewers, 2 per 30 minute session

Interview Question – all behavioral and "why real estate"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I was referred in for the interview. The interview was a series of basic behavioral questions. For example, how will you deal with a situation where you have multiple task to finish.

Interview Question – How do you ask for help?   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy. I had one interview which went well, just make sure you know some history about the company. After that you have to be persistent and keep constant contact to show that your are invested in getting the job

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – one on campus interview. 30 mins Duration. Mostly technical.
four on site interviews by panelists. 30 mins each. Mix of technical and Behavoural.

Interview Question – 1. FInding maximum frequency word from set of words
2. Finding unique numbers in an array
3. Heap sort
4. Reverse a linklist
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Only called in for a super day. Went to the office in Time Square and met multiple department heads who had various positions and asked various types of questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – phone interview then flew me over to NY for 2 1:1 interviews (mostly behavioral questions) and a group interview where we had to rebuild stuff we saw for a few seconds.

Interview Question – asked about how Morgan stanley as a firm will handle the greek debt crisis   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – on campus interview

Interview Question – normal questions based on my resume. Not much difficult questions   View Answer

Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Interview Details – I used the career services guidelines to get the interview. I had a decent resume and I think MS thought I was a junior. The phone interview was 45 mins and was almost all technical questions. Very difficult.

Interview Question – Typical multiples in semiconductors?   Answer Question

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral/fit questions

Interview Question – An achievement you are proud of   View Answer

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!