Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Temp Interview

Temp

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – usual come in show your interested and that you did your research they'll say tell me about urself they'll say ask if your a quick learner especially ask u about ur experience with excel! you should know how to use excel if not ur in the wrong industry

Interview Question – name a time when you had a problem with a team member and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied to a recruiter and got a phone interview. Interview was on Deadlock, Asked about how to avoid deadlock and how to detect them. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview was fluent. Not too technical questions but I think Morgan Stanley asks a lot on multithreading and since i am not too much into it , I don't expect it to move forward.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Three part interview. Phone screening. Bring you in for mutliple interviews. Will keep you waiting on decision, especially if you are a more low level candiate that does not have many other options. Team diagnostic exercises. Meetings can be abrupt. Do not expect to easily lock this down.

Interview Question – What was a time you failed?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Garden City, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked basic behavioral questions for internship position--
Tell me about yourself
Why finance?
Strength?
Weakness?
Did not get asked any technicals. I came off nervous and non-authentic because I over prepared for technical questions but didn't even get asked one.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied to the Operations summer analyst program as a rising junior, even though rising seniors are preferred. Had an initial phone interview which was straightforward questions about interest in operations, team work I had done, general fit, etc etc. Got called for a superday interview in New York, which included 2 interviews with similar questions to the phone interview and a group exercise.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary, just know about operations and general Morgan Stanley structure.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Purchase, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then interviewed with three additional people live. Each person spent about 20 min with me and just chatted candidly. The interviewers spent more time explaining the job and making sure it was something I was wiling to do.

Interview Question – There wasnt anything increadibly difficult to answer. Normal interview questions about goals, plans, interests, qualifications, education, etc.   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Technology Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Applied through the on campus interviews. For the first interview, the questions were about algorithm/data structures. The second and final round consisted of a 4 * 30 minutes interviews with four different interviewers, plus one group activity. The questions spanned a bit of every thing, algorithm, data structures, databases, OS (UNIX, process scheduling, threads...), programming languages (java, c++, garbage collector...), and some problem solving questions.

Interview Question – Explaining how Java carbage collector works   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Came to my school to recruit. 3 day interview process. Day 1 networking and panel session at night. 2nd day round 1 interviews. 2 30 minute interviews. Call that night for round 2 interviews. 2 more 30 min interviews and 30 min group interview. Got the offer the next week.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Wealth Management Interview

Wealth Management

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – It was not very rigorous. I got the job because a friend passed my resume along. It was very informal. My boss is very relaxed. I am now only adding to this because it is making me write 30 words or more.

Interview Question – I did not get asked any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No able to negotiate

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with general questions about what my experience etc. then an extensive online test. The test was not what I expected and was kind of confusing. I was called for an interview so I must have passed the test. In the interview I was asked general interview questions and I was given a week to write a business plan. In the final interview we talked about the business plan and that if I have friends who can sign up with me. I realized that I don't have that many....so I said good bye.

Interview Question – On average how much your family or friends would invest?   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!