Morgan Stanley

919 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the training program because my friend had been hired and they were looking to add people to the training program. Even with a recommendation from my friend, it was a slow and painful process. The interviews were very easy but completing all the paperwork and getting the requied background checks took 3 months.

Interview Question – Their were none. The asked why you wanted to be a Financial Advisor? Could you work long hours? Are you confident you could pass the Series 7, 66 and obtain your Life Insurance License in a specif time-frame.   Answer Question

FAA Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Interview was by the local Branch Management. To be honest, it was short and he wanted to know my business plan for success.

Interview Question – How to grow business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was short, took less than 20 minutes.

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by video conference interviews.

In the phone interview I was mostly asked general questions (why investment banking, why position, when did you become interested in investment banking, etc.), a couple of technical questions (explain DCF, what's WACC), and a few brainteasers.

There were 3 back-to-back video conference interviews: 1 technical, 2 competency based.

Interview Question – Tell me the names of some people you've met at our networking event (which I previously mentioned to have attended)   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied online and after 3 weeks was informed to take a written exam in campus. There were ~75 questions for 60 minutes, all multiple choices.

Interview Question – questions about Brownian motion, martingale, order of constructors in C++ etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview Details – I directly emailed human resources my resume. They got back to me 2 months later asking for a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions and asked me basic real estate ideas. The next day the contacted me to come in for a "superday" the following week. I met with 8 interviewers, 2 per 30 minute session

Interview Question – all behavioral and "why real estate"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Runner/Foot-courier Interview

Long Island City, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details – applied online then got a call to come and discuss my past experiences and if i am built for this job

Interview Question – i was asked if i was able to carry 60 to 70 ibs boxes.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Interviews are often only 1 day and in-person. Expect to meet with at least 3 people ( sometimes individually although a friend had a panel style interview in derivatives). Questions are very basic, why Morgan Stanley, what qualities make you a good fit, where are you looking to be in 5 years, etc.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation potential entry level. Try coming on as an Analyst II if possible.

Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I was referred in for the interview. The interview was a series of basic behavioral questions. For example, how will you deal with a situation where you have multiple task to finish.

Interview Question – How do you ask for help?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 on campus interviews and one group scenario

Interview Question – The group scenario was unlike anything I had done at the time. Keep cool and stay on point   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Question – Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice. All 919 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.