Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
1,026 Interview Reviews

3.2

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The interview process was 100% through my universities on-campus recruiting. The first round was on campus and the second round was in their NYC office. The first round was primarily fit based. The second round took 4 hours or so and involved meeting people from all different levels. The interviews with the more junior people were technical in nature

N/A

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

OCR recruiting, mostly fit questions. Couple market questions about housing, interest rates. Couple probability questions involving game theory as they want people who can think on their feet. Superday included 4 back to back interviews with people from different product groups. Some stress testing involved but depends on your interviewer.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through the website and addressed the Cover Letter directly to my campus recruiter.

Received an email for a phone interview one week later with a VP in M&A and a Senior Analyst in FIG.

Both interviews were standard behavioural questions with some easy technical questions (What are the methods for valuing a company, what's a stock you've been following)

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Screening round -> a few technical rounds of interviews -> superday. Was a process similar to what you would see at any other large I-Bank.

Technical questions were mostly derivatives stuff such as B&S model inputs, pricing etc.

Interview Questions
    • what would you price higher: a call option on S&P or 500 call options on each of the companies?   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

A quick, on-campus interview that covers the most basic aspects of business analyst roles in the technology department. Need to know the phases involved with the development of a typical product, need to understand the relationship between project managers and programmers, as well as the coordination of client need and product delivery.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interview process was very long. It took about three months, 4 interviews but the questions are all the same. What are you going to do different? How are you going to achieve your goals?

Interview Questions
    • Marketing. What are you going to do as far to marketing yourself and branding yourself?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The HR representative was unprofessional an unorganized. I expected something different from Morgan Stanley. The mid office representatives were friendly. The interview questions were very basic. It seems like they are looking for younger people.

Reconciliation Utility Control Specialist- Firmwide Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

I applied through the company's career page. After one week, I received an email asking my availability for an interview. There was little scheduling hiccup. The HR department doesn't seem very organized. I ended up calling a recruiting specialist from NY office because according to her my phone can't be contacted. She asked usual interview questions - "Why did you leave your last job?", "Why Morgan Stanley?". I didn't know I was scheduled for an in person interview until the day before the scheduled interview. I came in and was interviewed for 2 hours by 4 different people - one after the other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are usual behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

L3 Security Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Personable and talented individuals on the team interviewed me. They accommodated my timelines out if their busy schedules and were courteous and inspiring. It was actually a pleasure to interview with them. Interview was by phone and in person. Each member of the team had time to discuss with me the position and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions were right in line with position, know the job requirements.   Answer Question

Corporate Treasury Summer Analyst Interview

- Applied through on-campus recruiting.
    - There was a pre-night information session that was required. You get to meet your interviewers there.
    - Interview was all fit/ behavioral. No technicals.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!