Morgan Stanley Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

CV - your relevant experience with the position/your leadership experience/your project experience which you did something from scratch;
    Related topic - Relevant topic in the position/your understanding of the macro economy/ your understanding of the position

Analyst Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

First interview were behavioral questions and the second interview too with managers. Question like "why morgan stanley?" "conflicts with a co worker? and how did I resolve the situation?" The process was pretty similar to any other financial service company. First interview is a piece of cake. Second interview was a bit more technical questions but nothing big. For operations, the interviews are pretty straight forward.

Vice President Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

HR was very delayed and not organized but the finance department made up for it. I had two rounds of interviews on two separate days. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Techincal questions related to new regulatory requirements   Answer Question
    very easy. I said my range and they met it.

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

I applied through college career center and got the notification to interview about two weeks later. After that, I was invited to the office and had an interview there with the senior level people in the office. The questions are mostly behavioral questions. I barely got any technical ones.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Each round of interviews was preceded with a Pre-Night, where you networked with employees in that group.
    First round on-campus interviews, standard questions mostly about resume and why MS.
    Second round was the super day, met with 4 different interviewers all asking standard interview questions, checking resume and financial literacy as well as knowledge about MS and the role. Had a group assignment that day, teamwork related exercise that was heavily monitored.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

One over the phone interview and super day on site. Over the phone mainly fit questions and talking about my interests. On site- again fit question and a few accounting questions. Extended offer about 2 hours after on sit interview. Then they sent the formal letter by email.

Analyst Interview

The interview process was great. They have you meet with three key team members and you are expected to study up on the products group team with whom you may be working.

Public Finance Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

It includes a lot of resume questions on the first round. Second round is more quantitative and technical based. It is based more on legal knowledge than public finance knowledge public finance also deals a lot with the government

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about financial institution? What is risk in the institution now.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Telephone interview merely consisting of questions on concurrency and garbage collection. Also some questions on collections and project management. Very friendly interviewer who guided when needed. It was a nice experience.

Temp Interview

usual come in show your interested and that you did your research they'll say tell me about urself they'll say ask if your a quick learner especially ask u about ur experience with excel! you should know how to use excel if not ur in the wrong industry

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had a problem with a team member and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!