Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – One over the phone interview and super day on site. Over the phone mainly fit questions and talking about my interests. On site- again fit question and a few accounting questions. Extended offer about 2 hours after on sit interview. Then they sent the formal letter by email.

Interview Question – Accounting Questions   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – The interview process was great. They have you meet with three key team members and you are expected to study up on the products group team with whom you may be working.

Interview Question – What is your week goal?   Answer Question

Public Finance Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Public Finance Investment Banking Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Interview Details – It includes a lot of resume questions on the first round. Second round is more quantitative and technical based. It is based more on legal knowledge than public finance knowledge public finance also deals a lot with the government

Interview Question – What do you think about financial institution? What is risk in the institution now.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Telephone interview merely consisting of questions on concurrency and garbage collection. Also some questions on collections and project management. Very friendly interviewer who guided when needed. It was a nice experience.

Interview Question – Explain how a HashMap works.   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Temp

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – usual come in show your interested and that you did your research they'll say tell me about urself they'll say ask if your a quick learner especially ask u about ur experience with excel! you should know how to use excel if not ur in the wrong industry

Interview Question – name a time when you had a problem with a team member and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied to a recruiter and got a phone interview. Interview was on Deadlock, Asked about how to avoid deadlock and how to detect them. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview was fluent. Not too technical questions but I think Morgan Stanley asks a lot on multithreading and since i am not too much into it , I don't expect it to move forward.

Intern Interview

Intern
Garden City, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked basic behavioral questions for internship position--
Tell me about yourself
Why finance?
Strength?
Weakness?
Did not get asked any technicals. I came off nervous and non-authentic because I over prepared for technical questions but didn't even get asked one.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied to the Operations summer analyst program as a rising junior, even though rising seniors are preferred. Had an initial phone interview which was straightforward questions about interest in operations, team work I had done, general fit, etc etc. Got called for a superday interview in New York, which included 2 interviews with similar questions to the phone interview and a group exercise.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary, just know about operations and general Morgan Stanley structure.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Three part interview. Phone screening. Bring you in for mutliple interviews. Will keep you waiting on decision, especially if you are a more low level candiate that does not have many other options. Team diagnostic exercises. Meetings can be abrupt. Do not expect to easily lock this down.

Interview Question – What was a time you failed?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Purchase, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then interviewed with three additional people live. Each person spent about 20 min with me and just chatted candidly. The interviewers spent more time explaining the job and making sure it was something I was wiling to do.

Interview Question – There wasnt anything increadibly difficult to answer. Normal interview questions about goals, plans, interests, qualifications, education, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!