Morgan Stanley

Updated Jan 27, 2015
1,180 Interview Reviews

3.2

Associate Interview

Take resume , do your hw on them. 15 mins early . Be knowlegable about role and ask questions about role. . I got the call from a recruiter saying he was submiting my resume . A week later got an interview . Interview lasted about 40 mins . Questions about past experience and resume

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Got interview invitation through campus recruiting. Had 30 minute on campus interview. There were questions : why Morgan Stanley, why equity research, walk me through your resume, pitch me a stock, current market news, lots of specific questions about valuation. What's you weakness,what was your biggest failure? What's your goal in life? Good experience in overall. I had a great interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions about valuation of companies   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First, I submitted my resume and cover letter to the campus recruiter. About 2 weeks later, I received an e-mail that I was invited to the first round interview. The first interview was a college on-site interview, and I talked to the VP for 30 minutes, mostly regarding by background and interest in the firm.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied to Morgan Stanley Asia on their website. Heard back about an interview a couple weeks later. The process was two phone interviews with different analysts. They were friendly, and asked me to walk them through my resume, why I wanted to to investment banking/what I knew about it, and then mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • List some multiples investment banks use, and why you would use one over another.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

On Campus Recruiting at one of the target schools in the city. the The process took around a week or so. one on one Interview at their office for around 30 mins. Most of the fit questions. Seemed like there were more questions that had been asked to me than some candidates that I knew.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Submitted resume through school's recruiting program. Two rounds of interviews, one at school and one at MS. Interview at school was a 30 minutes 1:1 interview that consisted of mostly behavioral questions (i.e., tell us about yourself, why are you interested in finance, how do you communicate with others…). Interviews at Morgan Stanley consisted of both group presentation (conducted with other people applying for the position), as well as three 30 minute 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate number of legos in a box (box presented in front).   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

There was a 30 minutes Phone screening interview. Same day we were informed if we passed to the next round. There was a networking reception before the 2nd round interview. The 2nd round was a Half a day interview based on a Team activity, in which interviewers observed how interviewees responded to change and pressure followed by 3 rounds of 30 minutes interview with different HR professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a project failed how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

staffing agency called me up about this opportunity and asked me if I wanted to go for an interview with them, and I agreed to go in the office. There were two ppl interviewing me, one was the team manager, the other was a team member. They asked me a lot of questions, most of them were behavioral, not that difficult. The whole interview process lasted for about 40 mins.

Investment Banking Interview

Had a first round interview, 20 minute walk through resume with people in various stages of their careers. Final round interview was largely fit interview too except for more technical questions from a second-year analyst - about comps, valuation, etc. Got the feeling from him that it was a more intense workplace than it appeared on the surface.

Interview Questions
    • For me it was a detailed question about finding comps, but that's because I don't have a specific finance background.   Answer Question

Strats and Modeling Summer Analyst Interview

Contacted by recruiter for interview after emailing to ask about the deadline for application. Two phone interviews. First was behavioral, second was technical. Interviewed by computational engineer and was asked many CS questions, even though I had little CS background.

Interview Questions
    • What would be an algorithm to implement a spell check program?   Answer Question