Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015
1,317 Interview Reviews

3.2

Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. The questions were standard and interview process pretty standard. There was nothing different or special compared to other companies. No questions that were unexpected. Different rounds with different people with initial round with a human resources representative.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

30-minute phone interview. Asked typical questions like, "Why Morgan Stanley?" "Why Investment Banking" and "Walk me through your resume". Interviewer was monotone and emotionless, so it was hard to pick up on his vibe to see if I was doing well or not. Also created awkward pauses to see how i'd respond to them. Very much behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Early Dispute Resolution Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers - lasted about 45 minutes. Both were very friendly and informative about what the position entailed. Get there early to park in the garage. It's about a 5 minute walk away. Support staff throughout the building were kind and encouraging. Friendly admin calls to set up interview and keep candidates in the loop.

Temp Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with two members of the team I would potentially work with. It was brief. Probably 30-45 minutes to discuss my background and how my experience would contribute to the team. They asked good, well-thought out questions. I got an offer the same day. Keep in mind, this was for a temp role that had potential to go perm. They were looking to fill the position right away.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week requesting an interview for the position. Confirmed the interview and met with 3 different managers for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What is my level with Excel & Access (beginner, intermediate, advanced)? Asked to name the features of the programs that I am comfortable with.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths & weaknesses?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Very laid back, screening interview consisted of 2 VPs each conducting a 30 minute interview. Questions were all very expected and they each allowed about 10 minutes for my questions.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and was asked to come in the same day for an in person interview. I was interviewed by several people ranging from former interns to Financial Planners. The employees and the office were both very professional. However, when I asked questions to each interviewer I was always given different responses. They were unable to give me an exact start date and there seemed to be some disorganization on the logistics of the position. I was told that I would hear back by the beginning of the next week and I did not hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you were President, what three things would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone screens, 5 tech 1 on 1, hiring manager and finally exec. typical fin tech interview in large firm. you will get the same in bbg, jpm, bofa. Depending on the group more or less technical

Client Onboarding Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was arranged via a recruiter. I was aware of the arrangement but I was notified of the exact time of the interview the day before. The interview was with two people, sequentially.
    They were looking for people with minimal experience, so they didn't ask any technical questions, just ones about myself and what I would do on certain situations. Overall, I'd say that they're looking for personality fits over analytical adepteness from their junior candidates.
    I thought the interview went well, but weeks have passed and I never received an offer or an email saying I wasn't hired which is unprofessional imo

Junior Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied early after participating in a diversity recruitment program, sent in resume + cover letter, heard back about a month later that I had been selected for a superday in two weeks.

I had four 1:1 interviews, all with VPs or MDs. They varied a bit by interviewer, with only 2/4 asking me for my stock pitch (although I would still recommend heavily preparing) but all were primarily conversational/behavioral. I am an economics major, and I believe there was one question about interest rates but nothing very technical. They asked typical questions about my story, why research, and my resume. Also what groups would I be interested.

Lots of time for questions at the end, my first interviewer asked me two questions and then "what do you want to know about MS research?"

Interview Questions

• Which class in college was your favorite and which was your favorite?   Answer Question