Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

1,385 Interview Reviews

3.2

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Nothing very special. All questions are related to behavioral. No technical question. Received an offer after I finished the interview. All the interviewers are very friendly and helpful, willing to answer all your questions and concerns.

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

The superday was four half-hour interviews back to back. Met with some pretty senior people (executive director level) in my interviews. Most questions asked were personality/fit-based, though some math and probability questions were asked as well.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

It was not pleasant. I had to meet with three people and wasn't introduced properly to the second person, it turned out he was in upper management, I actually asked what he did and felt stupid.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any official questions, basically what I did at certain jobs, why I got my degree at that school, and why I left certain jobs.   Answer Question

Public Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume on the company website. First round is telephone screening. Second round is the final on-site group/panel. The final round took about 2 hours and there are four panels to talk to. Each panel consists of at least two professionals, from different background.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic interview, behvior style questions with three interviewers to in person and one via phone. There was not out of the normal for the interview. They have a lot young people in director poristions at Morgan Stanley. That was definitely different. I cannot remember the last time I was older than the person interviewing me. Everyone was professional. It appeared to be a decent working enviroment. That is only things that is difficult to gage when interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills do you have that would be useful in doing the job? Are you willing to work temporary or contract?   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

three rounds interviews, HR help coordinate, two behavioral and last one more technical. asked some behavioral, interpret recent Chinese stock market. The behavioral is pretty basic and old-school questioned asked. have also been asked to pitch a stock. Be prepared to follow the news and stock market.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Received the interview through a recruiter. This company was very organized and responsive in terms of scheduling the interview and responding within 2 to 3 days about whether I made it to the next round. Great company, but for this position, during and after the interview, the jury was out for me on whether I was really interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• 1) Strengths; 2) weakness; 3) where would you start if did not have any structure to build a new group   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Team based exercises and two solo interviews. The human resources department had a major role in the process. Everything was organized very well and the materials handed out at the career day were great.

Had a different offer

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2015.

Interview

Met with Janet Alsup who is an amazing person and great manager. She was the first of many interviews to come. The office space was quite nice but there were a lot of people out on vacation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A current employee referred me directly with the hiring manager. Recruiting then scheduled a phone meeting with the manager. Then the next week, had a day of 5 consecutive meetings with different members of the team; 30 minutes with each person.

Interview Questions

• Each team member asked to tell them about myself. Also, each had their own set of questions based on how they would collaborate with the person in the role. Overall, they focused on my resume, asked about my career goals, as well as hobbies. I thought the interviews went well, but to much surprise, I was told 3-4 days later by HR that they will not be moving forward with my candidacy.   Answer Question