Morgan Stanley

913 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Runner/Foot-courier Interview

Long Island City, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details – applied online then got a call to come and discuss my past experiences and if i am built for this job

Interview Question – i was asked if i was able to carry 60 to 70 ibs boxes.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Interviews are often only 1 day and in-person. Expect to meet with at least 3 people ( sometimes individually although a friend had a panel style interview in derivatives). Questions are very basic, why Morgan Stanley, what qualities make you a good fit, where are you looking to be in 5 years, etc.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation potential entry level. Try coming on as an Analyst II if possible.

Summer Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 on campus interviews and one group scenario

Interview Question – The group scenario was unlike anything I had done at the time. Keep cool and stay on point   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I was referred in for the interview. The interview was a series of basic behavioral questions. For example, how will you deal with a situation where you have multiple task to finish.

Interview Question – How do you ask for help?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Question – Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy. I had one interview which went well, just make sure you know some history about the company. After that you have to be persistent and keep constant contact to show that your are invested in getting the job

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – HR was nice. but interviewer asked way too much detail. Problem solving was easy but very technical. No behavioral questions. All detailed technical.

Interview Question – How does JVM manage cyclic references? Does JVM collect variables that have cyclic references?
What are different types of locks in multi-threading? Do you know about semaphore lock?
What is a good hashcode? How to generate hashcode? How does map.put work?
what is the complexity of hashtable?
If you have a very large text file. You have comma separated characters. How do you know how many times a word appeared? How will you print the first maximum top 10 words.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process for MS takes extremely long. For a full time position, you'll most likely meet with the business unit lead, as well as the business unit owner. After that interview, you'll meet with HR. If you get an offer, it might be as long as 2 months after your last interview.

Interview Question – Regular interview questions, nothing special.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Applied through career center. HR called me to set up 1st round phone interview. Asked basic questions: Why finance, why MS, what sets you apart from everyone else.

I got an email a few days later inviting me for SuperDay which consisted of three 20 min. behavioral interviews and one 60 min group activity which was fairly easy. Got a call a few days later saying that they wanted to extend an offer

Interview Question – Tell me a time you have faced an ethical dilemma and tell me how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy negotiation. They said they were excited to have me and I immediately accepted

Finance Intern Interview

Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very short informal process as I was interviewing with a local team and not corporate office.

Interview Question – There wasn't really one   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice. All 913 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.