Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
1,010 Interview Reviews

3.2

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Got my job through networking and meeting one of the FAs. Interviewed with the FA team, the Branch Manager, and the client service manager. Standard interview questions - what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses. where will you be in 5 years.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The HR representative was unprofessional an unorganized. I expected something different from Morgan Stanley. The mid office representatives were friendly. The interview questions were very basic. It seems like they are looking for younger people.

Reconciliation Utility Control Specialist- Firmwide Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

I applied through the company's career page. After one week, I received an email asking my availability for an interview. There was little scheduling hiccup. The HR department doesn't seem very organized. I ended up calling a recruiting specialist from NY office because according to her my phone can't be contacted. She asked usual interview questions - "Why did you leave your last job?", "Why Morgan Stanley?". I didn't know I was scheduled for an in person interview until the day before the scheduled interview. I came in and was interviewed for 2 hours by 4 different people - one after the other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are usual behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

After applying online, I had a phone interview with HR. Then if you're selected, there's a 3 1:1 interview. Basic interview questions and behavioral questions. It was a neutral experience, just be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most successful thing you did in the past 12 months?
      Also, there were brain teasers. Be prepared to work through them.
        Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

First written test, then onsite with 3 analysts from Morgan Stanley. Very nice people and place to work. Basic stochastic questions, probabilities, and some brain teasers.
    toss a fair coin until you get two heads in a row and find the
    probability of tossing 5 times. (My answer is 3/32 which did not appear in
    the available four numbers, getting a little frustrated)

Corporate Treasury Summer Analyst Interview

- Applied through on-campus recruiting.
    - There was a pre-night information session that was required. You get to meet your interviewers there.
    - Interview was all fit/ behavioral. No technicals.

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through campus career service, got interviewed on campus, later realized has not selected to the superfay. The interviewers was nice and open, the questions were predictable, as is the case with other investment banking interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

CV - your relevant experience with the position/your leadership experience/your project experience which you did something from scratch;
    Related topic - Relevant topic in the position/your understanding of the macro economy/ your understanding of the position

Analyst Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

First interview were behavioral questions and the second interview too with managers. Question like "why morgan stanley?" "conflicts with a co worker? and how did I resolve the situation?" The process was pretty similar to any other financial service company. First interview is a piece of cake. Second interview was a bit more technical questions but nothing big. For operations, the interviews are pretty straight forward.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

HR was very delayed and not organized but the finance department made up for it. I had two rounds of interviews on two separate days. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Techincal questions related to new regulatory requirements   Answer Question
    very easy. I said my range and they met it.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!