Morgan Stanley

993 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2014.

Interview Details – very tiring it went through the whole say ..its agood company and the HRs were quite friendly and took the interview very normally ...they asked me in depth about all the core subjects ,so deep knowledge of the subject is required ..

Interview Question – i was asked very deep concepts of semaphores in operating system   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1.First Round

a.Aptitude 45 min
Data Interpretation and Quantitative aptitude

b.Coding online
3 questions 45 min

Then they shortlist based on merit and performance in first round

2.Second Round

First Technical interview
Data structures and programming on paper

Again they shortlist.

PROFIT HR round

Analyst Operations Interview

Analyst Operations
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Interview Details – First interview were behavioral questions and the second interview too with managers. Question like "why morgan stanley?" "conflicts with a co worker? and how did I resolve the situation?" The process was pretty similar to any other financial service company. First interview is a piece of cake. Second interview was a bit more technical questions but nothing big. For operations, the interviews are pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – What are Pivot tables? Excel   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – CV - your relevant experience with the position/your leadership experience/your project experience which you did something from scratch;
Related topic - Relevant topic in the position/your understanding of the macro economy/ your understanding of the position

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was a bit slow, but very correct.

My first interview was a phone screening and some HR discussion, which took 30-40 mins and covered OOP principles, basic C# coding questions, multithreading, etc.

The second (C# core), the third (Tech-breadth) and the 4th (Manager?) interviews were on site with 2 different teams, both took 1 hour each. Some of the questions were covering the phone screening ones again, language elements, data-structures, algorithms and problem solving. On the tech-breadth interview I was asked about OSes, networking, XML, multithreading, web protocols, etc.. The manager interview was kind of an inter-personal discussion with situational examples, motivation, etc..

The very last interview was a team-fit interview, which was a bit redundant and is a kind of a mixture of all the above again within my new team-members.

All in all it was good and I am glad that I was hired.

Interview Question – How would I motivate my colleagues   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview Details – HR was very delayed and not organized but the finance department made up for it. I had two rounds of interviews on two separate days. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Techincal questions related to new regulatory requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very easy. I said my range and they met it.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college career center and got the notification to interview about two weeks later. After that, I was invited to the office and had an interview there with the senior level people in the office. The questions are mostly behavioral questions. I barely got any technical ones.

Interview Question – If you have $100,000, how would you use it?   Answer Question

Software Associate Interview

Software Associate
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Applied through college campus placements.
Online aptitude test consited of two rounds.
1. 40 questions to be solved in one hour. (10 Quantitative, 30 C/C++/Java)
2. A boxing match with an autograder. Solve three programming questions in one hour.

Quantitative questions were disturbing. If unprepared, will be a serious dent to your confidence.

Interview Question – Questions.
1. WAP to determine the maximum number of cars parked simultaneously in a parking lot (Arrays in Java)
2. WAP to determine sum of elements in rows, columns and diagonals of an n x n Matrix
3. WAP for polynomial multiplication
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Each round of interviews was preceded with a Pre-Night, where you networked with employees in that group.
First round on-campus interviews, standard questions mostly about resume and why MS.
Second round was the super day, met with 4 different interviewers all asking standard interview questions, checking resume and financial literacy as well as knowledge about MS and the role. Had a group assignment that day, teamwork related exercise that was heavily monitored.

Interview Question – Unexpected - why are manholes round?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Mumbai (India)

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – The first round of interview was with the HR. Basic HR questions were asked. This was followed by a Test, which included questions on accounting, capital markets, logical reasoning. This was followed by a technical round of interview. Questions asked were on topics like capital markets, hedge funds, financial ratios,etc

Interview Question – The test was difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!