Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015
1,317 Interview Reviews

3.2

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

-After submitting my application, I got to do an online test (SHL verbal and numerical test + SHL checking test).
    -After passing the test the HR emailed me and told me that she will phone in 2 days time.
    -We had a quick chat on my application during the 1st round interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      What is your expected salary?
      What is your expected grade?

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. The questions were standard and interview process pretty standard. There was nothing different or special compared to other companies. No questions that were unexpected. Different rounds with different people with initial round with a human resources representative.

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a current manager who had previously worked at Morgan Stanley. My soon-to-be manager trusted this person so much, that I didn't really formally interview with her. Just a brief conversation to discuss compensation and on boarding logistics.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make in your last role and what do you expect to make in this one?   Answer Question

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Tokyo (Japan)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had the first interview with a Japanese woman, she is leading the team, very arrogant person. She didn't listen to my answer, always jumped in to my mouth and interrupted me during the interview. I tried to be nice but the 5th time when she interrupted me I asked her to listen to my answer until the end. The other interviewers were nice and cool we talked a lot about technical topics, trading flow, FIX protocol, etc
    I don't think I will go back and work under that woman.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Conshohocken, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round interview very casual over the phone with a team manager that lasts about 30 minutes. The team manager described the role mostly and asked some behavioral questions. Second Round was another phone interview with a Portfolio Management Associate in the branch. Similar to the first round in describing the role, a run through the resume, some fit questions. Third Round was 4 in person interviews with various employees for about 30 minutes each. Asked about Morgan Stanley and more fit questions, more resume questions. Fourth and last round was an interview with the 2 principals which I did not receive.

Interview Questions

• What about Morgan Stanley interests you and why do you want to work here in particular?   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week requesting an interview for the position. Confirmed the interview and met with 3 different managers for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What is my level with Excel & Access (beginner, intermediate, advanced)? Asked to name the features of the programs that I am comfortable with.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths & weaknesses?   Answer Question

Temp Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with two members of the team I would potentially work with. It was brief. Probably 30-45 minutes to discuss my background and how my experience would contribute to the team. They asked good, well-thought out questions. I got an offer the same day. Keep in mind, this was for a temp role that had potential to go perm. They were looking to fill the position right away.

Early Dispute Resolution Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers - lasted about 45 minutes. Both were very friendly and informative about what the position entailed. Get there early to park in the garage. It's about a 5 minute walk away. Support staff throughout the building were kind and encouraging. Friendly admin calls to set up interview and keep candidates in the loop.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

30-minute phone interview. Asked typical questions like, "Why Morgan Stanley?" "Why Investment Banking" and "Walk me through your resume". Interviewer was monotone and emotionless, so it was hard to pick up on his vibe to see if I was doing well or not. Also created awkward pauses to see how i'd respond to them. Very much behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview

Was pretty fast, called in less than 2 weeks after applying by hiring manager. Interview was technical questions didn't care about my CV. Interviewer was pretty rude, there wasn't a proper interview room booked, no structure was not impressed.