Morgan Stanley

967 candidate interviews

Operations Interview

Operations
Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Came to my school to recruit. 3 day interview process. Day 1 networking and panel session at night. 2nd day round 1 interviews. 2 30 minute interviews. Call that night for round 2 interviews. 2 more 30 min interviews and 30 min group interview. Got the offer the next week.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – 1 telephone interview, 3 face to face interviews and a case study to understand how the candidate thinks in a particular situation. The process took almost two months to complete from the time i applied via a recruiter to the time when the final offer was made.

Interview Question – Business case involving how to build a solution on a Business Unit request   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with general questions about what my experience etc. then an extensive online test. The test was not what I expected and was kind of confusing. I was called for an interview so I must have passed the test. In the interview I was asked general interview questions and I was given a week to write a business plan. In the final interview we talked about the business plan and that if I have friends who can sign up with me. I realized that I don't have that many....so I said good bye.

Interview Question – On average how much your family or friends would invest?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wealth Management Interview

Wealth Management

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – It was not very rigorous. I got the job because a friend passed my resume along. It was very informal. My boss is very relaxed. I am now only adding to this because it is making me write 30 words or more.

Interview Question – I did not get asked any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No able to negotiate

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly. He asked about my education background, past working experience and opinion about the market. He also asked the stocks I would recommend and we talked in detail about the stocks I mentioned. The interview also shared his experience about looking for a job after graduation and how it is working for Morgan Stanley.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Question – Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job

Director, Operations Interview

Director, Operations

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a Temp contract, the application process involved submitting a C.V then being interviewed as part of a generic group the phone interviewed by the hiring manager. After being taken on and working as a Temp for 6 month I was taken on full-time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you failed to meet a deliverable and how did you communicate this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, look on the salary slide to determine where best you think you can pitch on experience by grade.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – apply online, resume/ cover letter, etc
test, math quick calculation
 group interview, mock project management, problem solving ability
phone interview, personal status, goal, preference in location, etc
1-1 interview, VP

Interview Question – conflict between personality and job type   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Usually it starts with telephonic round. In the F-to-F 1st round they started with heavily core java questions. Most of us would have never imagined that kind of questions. I did not pass the first round. They asked few DB questions. Too deep on core java. Mostly on performance tuning. It was very nice experience even though I lost in the first round itself. They see how you approach the problem.

Interview Question – How do you manage session details of the recent 10 most active users? Which are the collections you use for this?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Financial Advisor Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Called for an in person interview with one of the managers. Asked how many high net clients i know and warned me that 90% of the people fail in their first three months. Gave his story about how hard it was for him in his first 3 years. They are basically looking for people who already have their licences and can take over their candidates clients.

Interview Question – how would you try to get the maximum funds out of a potential client   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice. All 967 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.