Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Question – Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job

Assistant Interview

Assistant

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Pleasant interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Questions related mostly to the job duties of the position. I had the right experience and background, so the questions were easily answered correctly. Then came the tougher questions not related to the job. I believe I gave good responses to those questions.

Interview Question – What do you believe is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – apply online, resume/ cover letter, etc
test, math quick calculation
 group interview, mock project management, problem solving ability
phone interview, personal status, goal, preference in location, etc
1-1 interview, VP

Interview Question – conflict between personality and job type   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Towson, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – Presentation talking with current employees a week before. Then a mandatory meeting for a group of individuals who made the first cut followed by the 1 on 1 interview with Morgan Stanley.

Interview Question – The questions were just the basic behavioral. Asked to describe the program in your own words.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Financial Advisor Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Called for an in person interview with one of the managers. Asked how many high net clients i know and warned me that 90% of the people fail in their first three months. Gave his story about how hard it was for him in his first 3 years. They are basically looking for people who already have their licences and can take over their candidates clients.

Interview Question – how would you try to get the maximum funds out of a potential client   Answer Question

Vice President, Product Management Interview

Vice President, Product Management
Purchase, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I went through 4 interviews. First was with HR next was with the sales manager, third was with the administrative manager, final interview was with business head. It was a fair and balanced interview.

Interview Question – What would you do differently in your business right now to improve the situation and increase sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and come very close to the compensation I was going after. The business head was upfront and direct and let me know that he wanted me for the job.

Strats and Modeling Interview

Strats and Modeling

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went through the last round, interviewed with Mortgage group and credit group, but didn't get the offer. It was a good practicing experience though, you have to be prepared for all the aspects, finance, math, stats, programming etc.

Interview Question – Is W(1/t) a Brownian Motion?   Answer Question

Phone Representative Interview

Phone Representative
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, nothing majorly unexpected, asked the basic interview question that were a formality really like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you had to overcome a set back, tell me about a goal that you set out to achieve and did

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were challenged and overcame it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Very tough process but fair. One would expect that of a top tier institution such as MS or Goldman. I applied through regular channels and got a call back a few weeks later. Several rounds and very gruling day but made it through with an offer. Glad I did it.

Interview Question – Very technical financial questions that one would find on the chartered financial analyst exams.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2010.

Interview Details – Application included a letter of recommendation, an essay, and college transcripts. Interviews occurred during one flyout. I had 3 interviews in one day with short breaks. They asked me questions like where do I see myself in 10 years? Why do I want to work for Morgan Stanley? One interviewer asked me to solve a short math problem. I solved it with a pen and paper that I already had out. Another interviewer asked me to approximate how many blue cars there are in America.

Interview Question – How many blue cars are there in America.?   Answer Question