Morgan Stanley

913 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Standard questions - behavioral fit, reason for your major, why investment banking, why morgan stanley. How to value a company, and then drilling into each technique

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, standard package.

Applications Developer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Initially on campus interview with very difficult questions(All types of trees and indexes) and then 4 on site interviews with all technical questions along with a group task of 45 mins. In all the 4 rounds u need to think aloud

Interview Question – RedBlack trees and Indexes in SQL   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process with multiple rounds. This included multiple one-on-one interviews with employees within the firm and a group interview as well.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a 30 minute interview on campus with two recruiters. They were very friendly and asked mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited to attend the Superday and this consisted of several, back to back, 30 minute interviews. Again, a lot of behavioral questions and some questions regarding market conditions. Just be prepared on the company and especially the position. Also, read up on current markets and know whats going on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific article, preferably one that's not popular in the news, that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with local manager, one with regional manager. Interviewing was what you would expect, with nothing unusual, involving an informative exchange of information.

Interview Question – No trick questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – 1-1 Interview
2nd Round with 4 interviews
Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Question about accretion dilution on an M&A Deal   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Pre night at school, one 30 minute interview on campus. Got a call back for final round interviews. All behavioral questions -- be yourself and be smart. Group project while upper level management observed; they want to know your thought process so make sure you're vocal.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great program; HR gives you enough time to decide. Awesome place to intern/work.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I went through my school's career service system. I submitted my resume, and got called back shortly after. Once I got through the first round, I was invited to second rounds in New York. Everyone was extremely nice and professional. One of the best recruiting experiences I had.

Interview Question – All fit questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Compliance Analyst Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with the head of compliance and another with the group manager. Simple questions about your background. They are not looking for rocket scientists.

Interview Question – Why a career in compliance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. It was take it, or leave it.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2010.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manager, no issues, asked the general questions. Was very friendly and kind.

Interview Question – What are my weaknesses   Answer Question