Morgan Stanley

Updated Jan 20, 2015
1,168 Interview Reviews

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

I applied online around mid November and received a phone interview yesterday regarding a summer analyst position in their Investment Banking Division. The phone interview was more a casual conversation in the beginning and then it carried towards a more logistical conversation about working downtown in Chicago. It wasn't too heavy on the technical questions and all they really asked me was about how to value a company. I feel like the in person interview would be more technical.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Applied on campus. The process took close to 2months. I was called for a Technology diversity showcase in October which i attended in Manhattan and then an interview in December (assessment center). The assessment center was at Bowling green and it went very well. we had lunch and then talked generally and then a group activity then two one on one interviews, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, personal questions. It was quite easy cos I interviewed for the business analyst position. The guy asked me about the SDLC and also to interview him on requirements gathering. He asked me brain teasers as well.   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Was selected to interview. Had to attend prenight info. session where we all met our interviewers and socialized. Interview questions were pretty basic. Mostly behavioral. One was about a problem with a team. Another dealt with why I picked my school and major. Be ready to discuss resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one word you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

multiple stages of interviews with you get hired took almost 4 weeks before. once hired you do get hired, you do get some of the best training the industry has to offer.

Interview Questions
    • do you feel you can raise 15 million dollars in 2 years?   Answer Question

Executive Director, Technology Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Was looking for hands-on ED & questions were technical. Expect multiple rounds of interviews and this may vary based on the line of business that you are being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Questions can be techno-functional based on the line of business. As an example "how was straight through processing achieved in the reconcilation function of the back office application. What architecture principles were leveraged and did it help?"   Answer Question

Counter offer from current firm

Strats and Modeling Interview

first round
    Exam
    Second round (could have several)
    phone interview
    Third round
    superday
    They sent invitations for phone interview to students who passed the 1 hour exam
    And interviews are conducted by different teams like credit, IR..

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I got an interview on campus and then got invited back for a super day in New York. The day started with a group activity, then we had to say who we thought the leader was, then a writing sample. Following the activity, I had 3 1 on 1 interviews where I was asked different questions to gauge my personality. One technical question by on interviewer about accounting.

Summer Analyst Interview

Phone interview basic behavior question. Why MS, what MS do, and introduce yourself. The HR is very kind and try to motivate me to tell as more as possible. So there is no pressure during the interview, but I am so sad that cannot get the offer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

I applied online through the MS career website. A few weeks late, I got an email saying I was shortlisted for the first round interviews.

The first phone was with a VP in Sales. The questions are like: walk me through your resume, tell me about your summer job, what do you think about the oil price and the coal price, what do you do in your free time, tell me about an experience when you take a huge risk, tell me about your leadership experience, why S&T.

The second phone interview was with a Executive Director in Trading. We spent sometime talking about options, cover call, married put, short straddle and the B-S model for options pricing.

I am waiting to hear back if I get into the final round interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied for the HK office. The process took around 2 months. phone interview+ skype+final round. Final round contains a case study. First round two analysts in Singapore office, second round one associate from HK office. Final round in NYC, met with around 4-5 professionals (VP and above)