Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
1,053 Interview Reviews

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Screening round -> a few technical rounds of interviews -> superday. Was a process similar to what you would see at any other large I-Bank.

Technical questions were mostly derivatives stuff such as B&S model inputs, pricing etc.

Interview Questions
    • what would you price higher: a call option on S&P or 500 call options on each of the companies?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interview process was very long. It took about three months, 4 interviews but the questions are all the same. What are you going to do different? How are you going to achieve your goals?

Interview Questions
    • Marketing. What are you going to do as far to marketing yourself and branding yourself?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The HR representative was unprofessional an unorganized. I expected something different from Morgan Stanley. The mid office representatives were friendly. The interview questions were very basic. It seems like they are looking for younger people.

Reconciliation Utility Control Specialist- Firmwide Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

I applied through the company's career page. After one week, I received an email asking my availability for an interview. There was little scheduling hiccup. The HR department doesn't seem very organized. I ended up calling a recruiting specialist from NY office because according to her my phone can't be contacted. She asked usual interview questions - "Why did you leave your last job?", "Why Morgan Stanley?". I didn't know I was scheduled for an in person interview until the day before the scheduled interview. I came in and was interviewed for 2 hours by 4 different people - one after the other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are usual behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

L3 Security Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Personable and talented individuals on the team interviewed me. They accommodated my timelines out if their busy schedules and were courteous and inspiring. It was actually a pleasure to interview with them. Interview was by phone and in person. Each member of the team had time to discuss with me the position and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions were right in line with position, know the job requirements.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

I signed up for the interview through my college's career system and they reviewed my resume online and accepted me for an interview in person at my college's career center. There was no HR interview and this was the first in a series of stages of interviews. This was primarily a technical interview and the interviewer will review your resume and then ask you technical based questions especially related to time complexity

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked on reversing a string, fibonacci numbers and time complexity of various data structures   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Applied to the technical analyst position through my college. Got an interview call within a week for the first round.
    The interview was purely technical and the duration was 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Explain me your recent Java project.
      Basic java questions like what is garbage collection, final,finalize,etc.
      Advantages of using dual core processor.
      Questions about previous work experience.
        Answer Question

Corporate Treasury Summer Analyst Interview

- Applied through on-campus recruiting.
    - There was a pre-night information session that was required. You get to meet your interviewers there.
    - Interview was all fit/ behavioral. No technicals.

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through campus career service, got interviewed on campus, later realized has not selected to the superfay. The interviewers was nice and open, the questions were predictable, as is the case with other investment banking interview.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

After applying online, I had a phone interview with HR. Then if you're selected, there's a 3 1:1 interview. Basic interview questions and behavioral questions. It was a neutral experience, just be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most successful thing you did in the past 12 months?
      Also, there were brain teasers. Be prepared to work through them.
        Answer Question