Morgan Stanley

919 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career center and was invited for an On Campus Interview.

Interview Question – "Could you tell me about a time where you worked with people of different backgrounds and how you managed?"   View Answer

Strats and Modeling Summer Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2012.

Interview Details – I saw the intern information on my university career net and applied through Morgan Stanley website. Then they invited me to attend their written exam. It contain math, finance, and programming questions. About 60-70 questions, and you have one hour to finish it. The math part contains basic math and stochastic calculus. Finance part contains bonds, options and other derivatives. Programming part, you can choose to answer c++ or java.
Then I got an phone interview. One guy asked something about my resume. And asked me soem technical questions. And when it came as my first interview, I was too nervous to answer it well.

Interview Questions

• how to used monte carlo to find e?   View Answer
  • conditional probability questions: there is a test to test one's IQ. If your IQ is x, you will get a score between x-10 to x+10. Now someone's score is 150. What's his IQ range?
    Can you tell the best estimate? If not, what else condition you need?
      View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – how will you build your business.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-existent

Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview on local campus. Interviewers looking for people who work well in teams and are ambitious.

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university, was selected for an on-campus 30 minutes interview. I was invited to Superday (final rounds) the next day, had two 30 minutes interviews and a group activity while they monitored. The interviews were all behavioral just make sure you ask questions at the end.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral nothing unexpected. Know why you want to work in that division and why Morgan Stanley and be ready to ask question because the interview is a two way streak.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No i didn't, accepted what they offered which was reasonable.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Standard questions - behavioral fit, reason for your major, why investment banking, why morgan stanley. How to value a company, and then drilling into each technique

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, standard package.

Applications Developer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Initially on campus interview with very difficult questions(All types of trees and indexes) and then 4 on site interviews with all technical questions along with a group task of 45 mins. In all the 4 rounds u need to think aloud

Interview Question – RedBlack trees and Indexes in SQL   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process with multiple rounds. This included multiple one-on-one interviews with employees within the firm and a group interview as well.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a 30 minute interview on campus with two recruiters. They were very friendly and asked mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited to attend the Superday and this consisted of several, back to back, 30 minute interviews. Again, a lot of behavioral questions and some questions regarding market conditions. Just be prepared on the company and especially the position. Also, read up on current markets and know whats going on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific article, preferably one that's not popular in the news, that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with local manager, one with regional manager. Interviewing was what you would expect, with nothing unusual, involving an informative exchange of information.

Interview Question – No trick questions.   Answer Question