Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

1,385 Interview Reviews

3.2

Client Onboarding Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was arranged via a recruiter. I was aware of the arrangement but I was notified of the exact time of the interview the day before. The interview was with two people, sequentially. They were looking for people with minimal experience, so they didn't ask any technical questions, just ones about myself and what I would do on certain situations. Overall, I'd say that they're looking for personality fits over analytical adepteness from their junior candidates. I thought the interview went well, but weeks have passed and I never received an offer or an email saying I wasn't hired which is unprofessional imo

Cash Client Processing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online. About a month later, I received an email asking me to schedule an interview in Baltimore. On the day of the interview, I was supposed to speak with 3 people: a VP and 2 managers. However I ended up talking to 4 people instead, 2 of which were not even on the list of people I was given. Overall the process was very disorganized and I felt like that weren't even ready or interested in that interview. Finally, When asked when I should expect an answer, I was told that HR would contact me in about 10 days. After the 10 days had passed, I sent an email to the recruiter and followed up with a phone call. Apparently, she herself had not received any feedback for the interview. She told me that it was a good sign and that she would try to get some feedback from the manager. 2 weeks passed and several phone calls after, she finally informed me that i was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness What is your biggest strength Tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through a staffing agency. This company was very responsive in terms of scheduling the interview and responding within a few days concerning whether I interviewed with multiple people before the session ended. I received an offer or made it to the next round. Great company, and anyone applying should be really interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What are the responsibilities of this position? 3. Why apply for Operation Analyst? Why Morgan Stanley? 4. Greatest weakness / strength? 5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Junior Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied early after participating in a diversity recruitment program, sent in resume + cover letter, heard back about a month later that I had been selected for a superday in two weeks. I had four 1:1 interviews, all with VPs or MDs. They varied a bit by interviewer, with only 2/4 asking me for my stock pitch (although I would still recommend heavily preparing) but all were primarily conversational/behavioral. I am an economics major, and I believe there was one question about interest rates but nothing very technical. They asked typical questions about my story, why research, and my resume. Also what groups would I be interested. Lots of time for questions at the end, my first interviewer asked me two questions and then "what do you want to know about MS research?"

Interview Questions

• Which class in college was your favorite and which was your favorite?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

phone interviews first then onsite interview. the onsite interview lasted for about 4 hours. at first, all the candidates are gathered together for group practice and then we are seperated and was interviewed by 4 VPs. The majority of the questions are not that technical.

Foreign Exchange Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and traditional. I was invited to meet in-person for 3 1:1 interviews, involving a VP, Director, and peer Associate. Overall experience was positive and there were no deviations from what I had expected. It was my intent to leave the interview with an offer in hand, but the process took awhile longer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and one onsite interview. The phone interview was technical and based on the projects I had mentioned on my resume. The onsite interview consisted of 3 events. First there was a one hour panel, where we spoke with Morgan Stanley (MS) employees who were previously interns. We asked them questions regarding their experience and work at MS. The next event was a group activity where we were divided into teams of 3/4 people and given a task to perform (build a bridge). There were 3 judges who were questioning each team about their decisions, etc. Final event was one-on-one interviews. 4 interviews, 30 mins each, very technical.

Interview Questions

• Can you create an abstract class without having any abstract function inside it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question
    • What are the 2 differences in a constructor and a destructor?   Answer Question

Client Processing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for the interview on a Wednesday and was called and offered the job on Friday. The process was longer for this interview (I had interviewed for a Business Analyst job the day before at Morgan Stanley). I was at the downtown office for over two hours and met with four different directors, each of which helps manage the operations team. I felt like they were overall looking for more of a personality fit than anything else as a lot of the questions weren't financial/operations in nature. In fact, two of the directors were marketing majors before working at MS, so finance knowledge wasn't required. I think they were looking for people who can learn quickly and fit in with the existing team personality wise. They did give me "what if" scenarios and told me to use my background (recent college grad) to explain how I had confronted a similar situation and dealt with it. The people that I met with were very nice, and the interview was enjoyable for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of operations? When was there a time that you had to deal with a problem and overcome it? How did you overcome the problem? Why do you want to work in operations/Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Vice President, Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

one phone screen, a couple of in person interviews - mainly technology focused and then a ft interview. 2 of the interviewers were great, one was a bozo. But overall its good. Some old ED level folks are wayyy out of touch with the market/tech stack though. The junior programmers(producers) were very sharp, but the dev managers/senior Tech managers seemed a bit old school

Software Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I was met at the front desk at NY Plaza. Signed in and taken to an empty office. I was asked to wait until the Vice President was available to conduct the interview. I was asked to site chronologically the job history with highlight of accomplishments. Discussion on what the job entails and what skill set do I possess that applied to the job at hand.