Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2010.

Interview Details – Application included a letter of recommendation, an essay, and college transcripts. Interviews occurred during one flyout. I had 3 interviews in one day with short breaks. They asked me questions like where do I see myself in 10 years? Why do I want to work for Morgan Stanley? One interviewer asked me to solve a short math problem. I solved it with a pen and paper that I already had out. Another interviewer asked me to approximate how many blue cars there are in America.

Interview Question – How many blue cars are there in America.?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Javascript Developer Interview

Javascript Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview w/ the hiring manager. Some basic technical questions. On the next day I was informed by the recruiter to have an on-site interview.

2. Onsite interviews. Met 4 or 5 developers one by one. With each of them I spent about 30min - 1 hour and overall it was about 4 hours long. All of them asked me pretty tough technical questions: OO design, CS questions, Javascript questions, AngularJS questions, Java questions, etc.

3. I followed up with the recruiter. 2 weeks passed and he still said, "We are still interviewing." I've never heard back since then and figured that was their way of saying "No."

Interview Question – The knight's tour question; Permutation using the phone keypad.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – There was an intense day of interviews. I met with around 5 people of different levels - some doing a similar job that I was being hired for. At first it is intimidating, conference room with people coming in and out, but they were friendly and pulled no punches, answering all the questions asked and being as straight forward as possible.

Interview Question – I was asked, "You started on your first day. You are in an office with a desk and a phone. The phone doesn't work, what do you do."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate final salary and vacation time. You never know unless you ask.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Budapest, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied as a Java developer. The process took 2 weeks. After 2 initial phone interviews ,one technical and one for testing my english skills, I was interviewed in the Budapest office of the company. First,we had a group exercise, after which i had the technical interview, i was asked about hashtable, hashmap, multi threading, strings ,mostly thread safety questions. after which i had an interpersonal interview with the HR and i was asked questions about time management and team skills.

Interview Question – hashmap vs hashtable?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Interviews involved a phone interview, followed by 2 "Super Days" of back to back interviews with different desks. Some questions were behavioral, while others were analytical and logic puzzles.

Interview Question – Without a calculator, what is the square root of 97?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Financial Advisor Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Very thorough process to weed out competition. Great job for someone in their late 20's or early 30's looking to build a business. Not the best 2nd career for later in life people

Interview Question – Who do you know with $500K to invest?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – describe one valuation task you have conduct before and tell them how you supervise your team at that time

describe one most stressful situation you ever met

describe how you fell and generally deal with aggressive people in your work

describe one team work experience

The" resume part "matters the most and it's the time to show work ethic, skills, and motivations and other staff.

Interview Question – why manhole is round   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process took a few weeks. The first included submitting a resume after an on campus presentation. After the resume is accepted, there was an on campus interview then a final round at Morgan Stanley in Fells. The Final round consisted of 2 brief 30 minute interviews then an hour long group project. The project was simple, essentially seeing how people worked in a team environment (6 or so) on a random "issue".

Interview Question – Pitch your work on the group project as a business plan, in 5 minutes, 5 minutes after the group project was finished.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Took what they gave me

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2010.

Interview Details – Drawn out process involving multiple interviews with a branch manager, sales manager, and complex manager.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. Just be open and honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable. Received and extra 10%.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was first introduced to the Morgan Stanley hiring process through an information session at Towson University in Towson, MD. After the information session was a networking opportunity to meet the current Morgan Stanley employees. I was unaware during the moment, but I later found out that the way to get to the first round of interviews was by receiving an invitation from one of the employees from the networking- not everyone received an invitation to the interviews. The first and second round of interviews was about 4 days apart and covered the generic interview questions. A few days after my second round of interviews I was invited to the Morgan Stanley office in Baltimore for a final interview. And two weeks after the third interview I received a job offer in the mail, and then that was followed up with a congratulatory email from the human resources department.

Interview Question – Why was I interested in the operations department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.