Morgan Stanley

984 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Strats and Modeling Interview

Strats and Modeling

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went through the last round, interviewed with Mortgage group and credit group, but didn't get the offer. It was a good practicing experience though, you have to be prepared for all the aspects, finance, math, stats, programming etc.

Interview Question – Is W(1/t) a Brownian Motion?   Answer Question

Vice President, Product Management Interview

Vice President, Product Management
Purchase, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I went through 4 interviews. First was with HR next was with the sales manager, third was with the administrative manager, final interview was with business head. It was a fair and balanced interview.

Interview Question – What would you do differently in your business right now to improve the situation and increase sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and come very close to the compensation I was going after. The business head was upfront and direct and let me know that he wanted me for the job.

Phone Representative Interview

Phone Representative
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, nothing majorly unexpected, asked the basic interview question that were a formality really like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you had to overcome a set back, tell me about a goal that you set out to achieve and did

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were challenged and overcame it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Very tough process but fair. One would expect that of a top tier institution such as MS or Goldman. I applied through regular channels and got a call back a few weeks later. Several rounds and very gruling day but made it through with an offer. Glad I did it.

Interview Question – Very technical financial questions that one would find on the chartered financial analyst exams.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2010.

Interview Details – Application included a letter of recommendation, an essay, and college transcripts. Interviews occurred during one flyout. I had 3 interviews in one day with short breaks. They asked me questions like where do I see myself in 10 years? Why do I want to work for Morgan Stanley? One interviewer asked me to solve a short math problem. I solved it with a pen and paper that I already had out. Another interviewer asked me to approximate how many blue cars there are in America.

Interview Question – How many blue cars are there in America.?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Javascript Developer Interview

Javascript Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview w/ the hiring manager. Some basic technical questions. On the next day I was informed by the recruiter to have an on-site interview.

2. Onsite interviews. Met 4 or 5 developers one by one. With each of them I spent about 30min - 1 hour and overall it was about 4 hours long. All of them asked me pretty tough technical questions: OO design, CS questions, Javascript questions, AngularJS questions, Java questions, etc.

3. I followed up with the recruiter. 2 weeks passed and he still said, "We are still interviewing." I've never heard back since then and figured that was their way of saying "No."

Interview Question – The knight's tour question; Permutation using the phone keypad.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – There was an intense day of interviews. I met with around 5 people of different levels - some doing a similar job that I was being hired for. At first it is intimidating, conference room with people coming in and out, but they were friendly and pulled no punches, answering all the questions asked and being as straight forward as possible.

Interview Question – I was asked, "You started on your first day. You are in an office with a desk and a phone. The phone doesn't work, what do you do."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate final salary and vacation time. You never know unless you ask.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Budapest, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied as a Java developer. The process took 2 weeks. After 2 initial phone interviews ,one technical and one for testing my english skills, I was interviewed in the Budapest office of the company. First,we had a group exercise, after which i had the technical interview, i was asked about hashtable, hashmap, multi threading, strings ,mostly thread safety questions. after which i had an interpersonal interview with the HR and i was asked questions about time management and team skills.

Interview Question – hashmap vs hashtable?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Interviews involved a phone interview, followed by 2 "Super Days" of back to back interviews with different desks. Some questions were behavioral, while others were analytical and logic puzzles.

Interview Question – Without a calculator, what is the square root of 97?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Financial Advisor Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Very thorough process to weed out competition. Great job for someone in their late 20's or early 30's looking to build a business. Not the best 2nd career for later in life people

Interview Question – Who do you know with $500K to invest?   Answer Question