Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

1,321 Interview Reviews

3.2

Vice President - Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was quite casual and the questions were straight forward. It was clearly communicated in the interview that I would be a good fit for the role. After leaving, I had to follow-up over a dozen times over the course of a month to get feedback. Finally, after turning down other offers because I felt the position at Morgan Stanley would have been the best fit, I was informed that I did not receive the role due to lack of experience in a particular area, that was never presented as problematic in my interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What caused your leave of absence from your previous role.   1 Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school and was interviewed by school recruiting team. Mostly behavioral and only asked some experiences on the resume. Highly depends on the interviewers since I've known them for a long time. Prepared for a stock pitch but was not asked but still highly recommend preparing a long and a short.. as well as several stocks you know pretty well..

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

It was okay, not too difficult. Had my initial contact with them at an engineering conference. Interviewed with an Infrastructure manager. He asked a lot about Linux because I had that on my resume. For the onsite interviews, had two interviews, mostly networking questions, security etc. This was because I was been interviewed by members of the infrastructure team and that was what was on my resume.

Capital Markets Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

There was a phone interview which lasted 30 mins with a first year analyst. The interview was poorly organized and lacked structure and it was obvious that it was his first time conducting an interview as he asked me questions that are definitely not allowed to be asked such as age, languages spoken etc especially since they are not related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of Morgan Stanley, knowledge of Excel, even asked an illegal question such as my age and why I took time off from school, what language I dream in. He even asked me a question in Italian as a joke.   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Set up a meeting with one person, ended up meeting with 10 people in that one day. Only one person emailed me back saying they would get back to me. Never heard back from them. Not very professional after spending 6 hours there. It felt like they had me meet with people I wouldn't be directly working with, and somewhat unnecessary. Met with a wide range of people from the branch manager to assistants.

Public Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

They want to ensure that you know technicals and that you are a good fit for the group. That being said, if they see potential in you, they are willing to teach you a lot of the technicals.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Why do you want to go into public finance?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I had applied through my college careers services. I got a first round face-to-face interview for Investment Banking. The interviewers came down to campus to interview. Interviewers looked generally disinterested right from the word go. Asked only one technical question. Got back to me after almost a month.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

apply online, first round interview was on the phone. about a month later the superday was held in the new york office. the interview consisted of three two on one interviews most of the interviews were heavily fit and market based questions. not many technical questions

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, asked how I was going to find new business, where I thought the markets were headed, and how I thought my previous experience would help me in this position. They wanted to see how I think on my feet and to check for fit. It wasn't too difficult, and I think it was positive overall.

Interview Questions

• How is the performance of the dollar affecting the market?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was at their headquarter. Two rounds of interviews, very nice people, very organized, had a pre night networking event, they send a decision very quickly. There were no technical questions, only behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Regular behavioral questions: leadership skills, team work, tell me about yourself, what did you do at your previous job   Answer Question