Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
1,026 Interview Reviews

3.2

Equity Research Associate Interview

Three part interview. Phone screening. Bring you in for mutliple interviews. Will keep you waiting on decision, especially if you are a more low level candiate that does not have many other options. Team diagnostic exercises. Meetings can be abrupt. Do not expect to easily lock this down.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interviewer was very friendly. He asked about my education background, past working experience and opinion about the market. He also asked the stocks I would recommend and we talked in detail about the stocks I mentioned. The interview also shared his experience about looking for a job after graduation and how it is working for Morgan Stanley.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through the on campus interviews. For the first interview, the questions were about algorithm/data structures. The second and final round consisted of a 4 * 30 minutes interviews with four different interviewers, plus one group activity. The questions spanned a bit of every thing, algorithm, data structures, databases, OS (UNIX, process scheduling, threads...), programming languages (java, c++, garbage collector...), and some problem solving questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Came to my school to recruit. 3 day interview process. Day 1 networking and panel session at night. 2nd day round 1 interviews. 2 30 minute interviews. Call that night for round 2 interviews. 2 more 30 min interviews and 30 min group interview. Got the offer the next week.

None

Wealth Management Interview

It was not very rigorous. I got the job because a friend passed my resume along. It was very informal. My boss is very relaxed. I am now only adding to this because it is making me write 30 words or more.

No able to negotiate

Assistant Interview

Pleasant interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Questions related mostly to the job duties of the position. I had the right experience and background, so the questions were easily answered correctly. Then came the tougher questions not related to the job. I believe I gave good responses to those questions.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

apply online, resume/ cover letter, etc
    test, math quick calculation
     group interview, mock project management, problem solving ability
    phone interview, personal status, goal, preference in location, etc
    1-1 interview, VP

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Called for an in person interview with one of the managers. Asked how many high net clients i know and warned me that 90% of the people fail in their first three months. Gave his story about how hard it was for him in his first 3 years. They are basically looking for people who already have their licences and can take over their candidates clients.

Interview Questions
    • how would you try to get the maximum funds out of a potential client   Answer Question

Vice President, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Purchase, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I went through 4 interviews. First was with HR next was with the sales manager, third was with the administrative manager, final interview was with business head. It was a fair and balanced interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently in your business right now to improve the situation and increase sales?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and come very close to the compensation I was going after. The business head was upfront and direct and let me know that he wanted me for the job.

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Pretty straight forward, nothing majorly unexpected, asked the basic interview question that were a formality really like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you had to overcome a set back, tell me about a goal that you set out to achieve and did

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were challenged and overcame it   Answer Question
    No negotiation