Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Was asked basic behavioral questions for internship position--
    Tell me about yourself
    Why finance?
    Strength?
    Weakness?
    Did not get asked any technicals. I came off nervous and non-authentic because I over prepared for technical questions but didn't even get asked one.

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied to the Operations summer analyst program as a rising junior, even though rising seniors are preferred. Had an initial phone interview which was straightforward questions about interest in operations, team work I had done, general fit, etc etc. Got called for a superday interview in New York, which included 2 interviews with similar questions to the phone interview and a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary, just know about operations and general Morgan Stanley structure.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Three part interview. Phone screening. Bring you in for mutliple interviews. Will keep you waiting on decision, especially if you are a more low level candiate that does not have many other options. Team diagnostic exercises. Meetings can be abrupt. Do not expect to easily lock this down.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interviewer was very friendly. He asked about my education background, past working experience and opinion about the market. He also asked the stocks I would recommend and we talked in detail about the stocks I mentioned. The interview also shared his experience about looking for a job after graduation and how it is working for Morgan Stanley.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Purchase, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Initial phone interview then interviewed with three additional people live. Each person spent about 20 min with me and just chatted candidly. The interviewers spent more time explaining the job and making sure it was something I was wiling to do.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything increadibly difficult to answer. Normal interview questions about goals, plans, interests, qualifications, education, etc.   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through the on campus interviews. For the first interview, the questions were about algorithm/data structures. The second and final round consisted of a 4 * 30 minutes interviews with four different interviewers, plus one group activity. The questions spanned a bit of every thing, algorithm, data structures, databases, OS (UNIX, process scheduling, threads...), programming languages (java, c++, garbage collector...), and some problem solving questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Came to my school to recruit. 3 day interview process. Day 1 networking and panel session at night. 2nd day round 1 interviews. 2 30 minute interviews. Call that night for round 2 interviews. 2 more 30 min interviews and 30 min group interview. Got the offer the next week.

None

Wealth Management Interview

It was not very rigorous. I got the job because a friend passed my resume along. It was very informal. My boss is very relaxed. I am now only adding to this because it is making me write 30 words or more.

No able to negotiate

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Telephone interview with general questions about what my experience etc. then an extensive online test. The test was not what I expected and was kind of confusing. I was called for an interview so I must have passed the test. In the interview I was asked general interview questions and I was given a week to write a business plan. In the final interview we talked about the business plan and that if I have friends who can sign up with me. I realized that I don't have that many....so I said good bye.

Interview Questions
    • On average how much your family or friends would invest?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
    I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
    The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job