Morgan Stanley

1,117 Interview Reviews

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

First on campus interview followed by onsite interview. On campus interview revolved around reading files and manipulating that. then some database questions. After two weeks I got an email regarding an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • We had to do a team work and then two back to back 30 minute interviews which was not difficult   Answer Question

Interest Rate Trade Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

I met with 4 people. All very intelligent. Met with the head of operations and two directors from his team as well as a person that I would be working with. Interview was 30 minutes for each.

Interview Questions
    • Why Morgan Stanley? What motivates you? Who is the CEO?   View Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting board and then was asked for attending on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and was an alum. Two coding questions about finding prime numbers and permutations. He was impressed by my combinational background since I didn't study anything related to CS before. The Superday happened 10 days after the on-campus interview in NYC. There were group activities and two rounds of interviews. The first one is an indian female who wasn't concentrated at all when I was answering those behavioral questions she asked. I was a little bit offended. Then my another originally assigned interviewer didn't show up due to bad traffic, and the recruiter assigned me another interviewer on the spot. Just an easy math question and asked for coding on paper. However, I didn't realize what he really asked until it was finished.

If you didn't receive the follow up less than one week. Often times you got rejected.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The interview process was 100% through my universities on-campus recruiting. The first round was on campus and the second round was in their NYC office. The first round was primarily fit based. The second round took 4 hours or so and involved meeting people from all different levels. The interviews with the more junior people were technical in nature

N/A

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

OCR recruiting, mostly fit questions. Couple market questions about housing, interest rates. Couple probability questions involving game theory as they want people who can think on their feet. Superday included 4 back to back interviews with people from different product groups. Some stress testing involved but depends on your interviewer.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through the website and addressed the Cover Letter directly to my campus recruiter.

Received an email for a phone interview one week later with a VP in M&A and a Senior Analyst in FIG.

Both interviews were standard behavioural questions with some easy technical questions (What are the methods for valuing a company, what's a stock you've been following)

Analyst - Technology Interview

A quick, on-campus interview that covers the most basic aspects of business analyst roles in the technology department. Need to know the phases involved with the development of a typical product, need to understand the relationship between project managers and programmers, as well as the coordination of client need and product delivery.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Screening round -> a few technical rounds of interviews -> superday. Was a process similar to what you would see at any other large I-Bank.

Technical questions were mostly derivatives stuff such as B&S model inputs, pricing etc.

Interview Questions
    • what would you price higher: a call option on S&P or 500 call options on each of the companies?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interview process was very long. It took about three months, 4 interviews but the questions are all the same. What are you going to do different? How are you going to achieve your goals?

Interview Questions
    • Marketing. What are you going to do as far to marketing yourself and branding yourself?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The HR representative was unprofessional an unorganized. I expected something different from Morgan Stanley. The mid office representatives were friendly. The interview questions were very basic. It seems like they are looking for younger people.