Morgan Stanley

1,116 Interview Reviews

3.2

Reconciliation Utility Control Specialist- Firmwide Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

I applied through the company's career page. After one week, I received an email asking my availability for an interview. There was little scheduling hiccup. The HR department doesn't seem very organized. I ended up calling a recruiting specialist from NY office because according to her my phone can't be contacted. She asked usual interview questions - "Why did you leave your last job?", "Why Morgan Stanley?". I didn't know I was scheduled for an in person interview until the day before the scheduled interview. I came in and was interviewed for 2 hours by 4 different people - one after the other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are usual behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

L3 Security Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Personable and talented individuals on the team interviewed me. They accommodated my timelines out if their busy schedules and were courteous and inspiring. It was actually a pleasure to interview with them. Interview was by phone and in person. Each member of the team had time to discuss with me the position and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions were right in line with position, know the job requirements.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Applied to the technical analyst position through my college. Got an interview call within a week for the first round.
    The interview was purely technical and the duration was 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Explain me your recent Java project.
      Basic java questions like what is garbage collection, final,finalize,etc.
      Advantages of using dual core processor.
      Questions about previous work experience.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

I signed up for the interview through my college's career system and they reviewed my resume online and accepted me for an interview in person at my college's career center. There was no HR interview and this was the first in a series of stages of interviews. This was primarily a technical interview and the interviewer will review your resume and then ask you technical based questions especially related to time complexity

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked on reversing a string, fibonacci numbers and time complexity of various data structures   Answer Question

Corporate Treasury Summer Analyst Interview

- Applied through on-campus recruiting.
    - There was a pre-night information session that was required. You get to meet your interviewers there.
    - Interview was all fit/ behavioral. No technicals.

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through campus career service, got interviewed on campus, later realized has not selected to the superfay. The interviewers was nice and open, the questions were predictable, as is the case with other investment banking interview.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

After applying online, I had a phone interview with HR. Then if you're selected, there's a 3 1:1 interview. Basic interview questions and behavioral questions. It was a neutral experience, just be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most successful thing you did in the past 12 months?
      Also, there were brain teasers. Be prepared to work through them.

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

First written test, then onsite with 3 analysts from Morgan Stanley. Very nice people and place to work. Basic stochastic questions, probabilities, and some brain teasers.
    toss a fair coin until you get two heads in a row and find the
    probability of tossing 5 times. (My answer is 3/32 which did not appear in
    the available four numbers, getting a little frustrated)

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Each round of interviews was preceded with a Pre-Night, where you networked with employees in that group.
    First round on-campus interviews, standard questions mostly about resume and why MS.
    Second round was the super day, met with 4 different interviewers all asking standard interview questions, checking resume and financial literacy as well as knowledge about MS and the role. Had a group assignment that day, teamwork related exercise that was heavily monitored.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

One over the phone interview and super day on site. Over the phone mainly fit questions and talking about my interests. On site- again fit question and a few accounting questions. Extended offer about 2 hours after on sit interview. Then they sent the formal letter by email.