Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
1,251 Interview Reviews

3.2

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

There was a 30 minutes Phone screening interview. Same day we were informed if we passed to the next round. There was a networking reception before the 2nd round interview. The 2nd round was a Half a day interview based on a Team activity, in which interviewers observed how interviewees responded to change and pressure followed by 3 rounds of 30 minutes interview with different HR professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a project failed how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

staffing agency called me up about this opportunity and asked me if I wanted to go for an interview with them, and I agreed to go in the office. There were two ppl interviewing me, one was the team manager, the other was a team member. They asked me a lot of questions, most of them were behavioral, not that difficult. The whole interview process lasted for about 40 mins.

Investment Banking Interview

Had a first round interview, 20 minute walk through resume with people in various stages of their careers. Final round interview was largely fit interview too except for more technical questions from a second-year analyst - about comps, valuation, etc. Got the feeling from him that it was a more intense workplace than it appeared on the surface.

Interview Questions
    • For me it was a detailed question about finding comps, but that's because I don't have a specific finance background.   Answer Question

Strats and Modeling Summer Analyst Interview

Contacted by recruiter for interview after emailing to ask about the deadline for application. Two phone interviews. First was behavioral, second was technical. Interviewed by computational engineer and was asked many CS questions, even though I had little CS background.

Interview Questions
    • What would be an algorithm to implement a spell check program?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round, on-campus interview for SA Investment Banking position in Houston. I applied on my school career website and also on Morgan Stanley's online application. There was no phone interview before the on campus interview. A few days later they had their superday.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a difficult interview. More behavioral than technical and the one technical question was the basic $10 depreciation through 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Financial Services Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Phone interviews and then in person. Very streamlined process, talk to regional boss and then the one I work most closely with. After then back ground check and finger printing.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Cattle call where the interviews include a group and the staff act like this is not their job to have to meet people and make the interview work. They seem to feel the industry is rude and they are playing the part.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ride a giraffe that had no experience with humans?   View Answer

The interviewer deciding my hire was ok but the boy in the interview who would be my boss was making faces and after the interview walked me to the hall and said to take the stairs at the end of the hall, then literally pushed my back as I passed him, walking off in a storm.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Non-core student, networked my way in. Senior managers asked mostly fit questions (tell me about yourself, why banking, tell me about your previous internship), I had one associate ask me "Value your university and sell it to me" that was the most difficult question, other than that interview was great

Sales & Tradig London Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Employee referral and got two first-round phone interviews, then was invited to an assessment center in New York. Phone interviews were highly technical and market related. AC consisted of three 1-1 interviews and an individual presentation, in which two interviews were mostly behavioral and the third one was a discussion over current markets.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Applied On-campus and online. Scheduled a first round interview through on campus recruiting. Mostly fit questions (Why IBD? Why MS?) , a few technicals (depreciation expense on all 3 accounting statements, what is WACC?) . Never heard back from HR rep or interviewer, so figured I didn't move to the next round as many peers had scheduled super days in New York.

Interview Questions
    • Would you take this job if I offered it to you right now?   View Answer