Morgan Stanley

Updated Feb 28, 2015
1,218 Interview Reviews

3.2

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First a phone interview from internal HR Recruiting. First interview was a panel of 3 people. They all came in one at a time. I was then called for a 2nd interview, 3 more people, one at a time. The questions were not behavioral, all they wanted was background information. Very comfortable setting.

Unable to negotiate

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through campus recruiting. Had on campus interview, strictly resume questions. Invited to super day. All behavioral questions. Three twenty minute interviews and 1 group activity. Questions about team work, leadership, internship experience the company itself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time were you were in a group and someone disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round was 30 minute phone interview, basic behavioral questions. Second was 2 interviews in person and a group activity. Most of the same questions in every interview. Why ops, why MS, etc.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied online for the Asia offices and was notified of being shortlisted for multiple positions around two weeks later. A week after that I had my first-round interviews by phone. A few days thereafter I only received one call back for the second round interview.

The first round interviews were conducted by Executive Directors. Both were very nice, mostly asking about my resume, short life story, why Morgan Stanley, etc. No technical questions but they did ask about markets, financial news, and relevant news for Hong Kong; they were also interested in my opinions and economic intuition about financial developments.

A Vice President conducted the second round interview. The interview was largely the same as the first round interviews with a lot of personal questions and no technical questions, just some questions about the markets as expected. The only difference from the first round interviews was that I was asked in which subgroup of sales and trading that I would be most interested in.

They do look at everything on your resume during the interview process including your hobbies so be sure to back up your claimed interests. Also, if you state that you can speak an Asian language, you had better be able to converse with the interviewer fluently.

I know that Superday will be in early January so they will fly you in to the Asia offices for additional rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What has been going on in Hong Kong financial news? (Follow-up) Is the establishment of the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect a good thing or a bad thing?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied on their own website. Got a first round interview after about 3 weeks. First round consists of 2 phone calls. The format was pretty standard, although they were straight for the chase in terms of technical questions.

Strats & Modeling Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

A written test, including stochastic calculus, option theory, fixed income, probability and coding. Hard to finish all in just an hour. Better complete all questions you know then focus on more difficult ones.

First-round interview with different teams, including resume question and probability. A lot of use of conditional probability, similar to brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • Approximate the possibility of a binomial distribution.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

I applied online around mid November and received a phone interview yesterday regarding a summer analyst position in their Investment Banking Division. The phone interview was more a casual conversation in the beginning and then it carried towards a more logistical conversation about working downtown in Chicago. It wasn't too heavy on the technical questions and all they really asked me was about how to value a company. I feel like the in person interview would be more technical.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Applied on campus. The process took close to 2months. I was called for a Technology diversity showcase in October which i attended in Manhattan and then an interview in December (assessment center). The assessment center was at Bowling green and it went very well. we had lunch and then talked generally and then a group activity then two one on one interviews, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, personal questions. It was quite easy cos I interviewed for the business analyst position. The guy asked me about the SDLC and also to interview him on requirements gathering. He asked me brain teasers as well.   Answer Question

MODEL & STRATS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Writing test. I got this interview from career fair. It takes 40 mins to do 60 questions. Four parts: math, finance, mathematical finance, programming. There are 15 people in the room and one proctor. It is pretty easy to do the part that you are good at. However, it covers too many knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Stochastic calculus, spread option, duration, future, forward, exchange rate.   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Was selected to interview. Had to attend prenight info. session where we all met our interviewers and socialized. Interview questions were pretty basic. Mostly behavioral. One was about a problem with a team. Another dealt with why I picked my school and major. Be ready to discuss resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one word you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question