Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy. I had one interview which went well, just make sure you know some history about the company. After that you have to be persistent and keep constant contact to show that your are invested in getting the job

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – HR was nice. but interviewer asked way too much detail. Problem solving was easy but very technical. No behavioral questions. All detailed technical.

Interview Question – How does JVM manage cyclic references? Does JVM collect variables that have cyclic references?
What are different types of locks in multi-threading? Do you know about semaphore lock?
What is a good hashcode? How to generate hashcode? How does map.put work?
what is the complexity of hashtable?
If you have a very large text file. You have comma separated characters. How do you know how many times a word appeared? How will you print the first maximum top 10 words.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process for MS takes extremely long. For a full time position, you'll most likely meet with the business unit lead, as well as the business unit owner. After that interview, you'll meet with HR. If you get an offer, it might be as long as 2 months after your last interview.

Interview Question – Regular interview questions, nothing special.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Finance Summer Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Applied through career center. HR called me to set up 1st round phone interview. Asked basic questions: Why finance, why MS, what sets you apart from everyone else.

I got an email a few days later inviting me for SuperDay which consisted of three 20 min. behavioral interviews and one 60 min group activity which was fairly easy. Got a call a few days later saying that they wanted to extend an offer

Interview Question – Tell me a time you have faced an ethical dilemma and tell me how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy negotiation. They said they were excited to have me and I immediately accepted

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very short informal process as I was interviewing with a local team and not corporate office.

Interview Question – There wasn't really one   Answer Question

IT Senior Associate Interview

IT Senior Associate

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Very efficient interview and hiring process. Questions to the point and focussed on the job on hand.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – There may be multiple interviews, but don't become frustrated. Multiple meetings are a good indication that a job offer is forthcoming.

Interview Question – Each interviewer is different, so do your research and prepare your responses. Providing a strong presentation and being well prepared are your best tools.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Easy, general conversation

Interview Question – There was a case study given, but it was really a formality - not really an indication of the role or a test of any specific skill set   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, budget (salary) was fixed

Operation Specialist Interview

Operation Specialist

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for the interview. I had a phone interview, which was followed by a panel interview. It was a comfortable environment. I had three rounds of interviews before being made an offer.

Interview Question – One of the questions was "how will I deal with an irated customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found the initial offer to be lower than I expected. I contacted the HR representative via email with a counter offer. A few days later she responded accepting the negotiated amount.

Credit Risk Full Time Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Full Time Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got referrered from an alum in October 2013, got the first round interview in the same month and the final round in Nov 2013.

Interview Question – There was a 1-hour group exercise. I hated it. About at least 10-15 people in the room watching us.   Answer Question