Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

1,384 Interview Reviews

3.2

Technology Summer Analyst - BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. First round of interview was in college campus. Interviewer was very supportive and took interest in projects i explained.Interview went to a 45 mins of interactive session. Second round was a superday in MS office. It included a fun group activity, two rounds of back to back interviews of 30 mins each (for BA position). Its helpful to take a positive attitude and be energetic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Questions on previous work experience. What would you change if you were to continue work in your previous position?   1 Answer
    • Question on a project. How did you handle conflict? How did you manage work and meet deadlines?   1 Answer
    • Do you have questions for me? Prepare questions which show your interest and curiosity   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since this was internship... i did not negotiate

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a first round interview at the MS office with a VP. She was very upfront about job and qualifications nessecary. No technical questions and more based on fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you see this helping you achieve your career goals?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy everything was really put on the table. Being called in basically meant I received the job it was more of "are you willing to take this"

Interview Questions

• How do you think working retail sales will help you in a career in Wealth Management?   1 Answer

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The first round was one 30 minute interview. The second round consisted of two 30 minute interviews and one hour long group interview with 5 other people. Everyone that I talked to was very helpful with answering my questions and very friendly. HR got back to me very quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Summer Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round was at University, you find out if you made it to the next round through phone call Second round was in person and I was flown out to NYC

Interview Questions

• First round: By far the toughest. Two interviewers in one cubicle at my university. One was asking brain teasers and the other asking mental math questions at the same time. Seemed crazy difficult at the time and felt like I didn't answer anything well. However, got past this round because they were really looking to see how good you would do under pressure. That is the key here. Second round: Personality type questions, strength/weakness questions.   Answer Question

Tech Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interview starts straightly to technical question. These questions are mostly sorting algorithms, their complexity, basic database sql. The recruiter asked questions really fast and push quite pressures on me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Applied through school's career website, attended a networking session, reached out to a couple of analysts and was invited to a first round interview. Interviewers tried to distract you as you told your story. Interview consisted of questions about the markets, such as where the S&P was that day and what is going on in the news, other fit questions such as the interests on your résumé, and why Morgan Stanley.

Interview Questions

• If you had $1 million, which 3 commodities would you invest in?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2015.

Interview

First round was one 30 minute interview. Second round was two 30 minute interviews and a group activity. All behavioral questions, nothing technical. For the group activity we were divided into two groups to work on a problem. Then, they combined the groups and we had to work together to present our solution. For the interview, know what operations does.

Interview Questions

• Best group you've worked with, a time you were wrong, a time you had to have a tough conversation, why Morgan Stanley, why operations.   Answer Question

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

30 minute phone screen. One super day with three interviews, and a fifteen minute sales pitch. Interviews were pretty standard, good mix of technical and behavioral. Interviewers picked apart candidates in sales pitch. I suggest if you pitch a stock, look at MS stance on the stock. One candidate pitched to buy a stock MS saw as a sell, and they tore her apart.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then asked to take the Quantitative Finance Exam which contains math, financial math, programming and finance. 70 questions in 60 minutes all multiple choice. Programming questions are in Java or C++, you have a choice. The questions were not hard but takes time to compute. Impossible to finish. Wrong answer gets points deduction.