Morgan Stanley Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
996 interviews

3.2

Summer Associate Interview

Applied online and after 3 weeks was informed to take a written exam in campus. There were ~75 questions for 60 minutes, all multiple choices.

Interview Questions
    • questions about Brownian motion, martingale, order of constructors in C++ etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

I directly emailed human resources my resume. They got back to me 2 months later asking for a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions and asked me basic real estate ideas. The next day the contacted me to come in for a "superday" the following week. I met with 8 interviewers, 2 per 30 minute session

no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Questions
    • Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Runner/Foot-courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

applied online then got a call to come and discuss my past experiences and if i am built for this job

Interview Questions
    • i was asked if i was able to carry 60 to 70 ibs boxes.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interviews are often only 1 day and in-person. Expect to meet with at least 3 people ( sometimes individually although a friend had a panel style interview in derivatives). Questions are very basic, why Morgan Stanley, what qualities make you a good fit, where are you looking to be in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions
    Limited negotiation potential entry level. Try coming on as an Analyst II if possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I was referred in for the interview. The interview was a series of basic behavioral questions. For example, how will you deal with a situation where you have multiple task to finish.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

3 on campus interviews and one group scenario

Interview Questions
    • The group scenario was unlike anything I had done at the time. Keep cool and stay on point   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

The hiring process was very easy. I had one interview which went well, just make sure you know some history about the company. After that you have to be persistent and keep constant contact to show that your are invested in getting the job

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

HR was nice. but interviewer asked way too much detail. Problem solving was easy but very technical. No behavioral questions. All detailed technical.

Interview Questions
    • How does JVM manage cyclic references? Does JVM collect variables that have cyclic references?
      What are different types of locks in multi-threading? Do you know about semaphore lock?
      What is a good hashcode? How to generate hashcode? How does map.put work?
      what is the complexity of hashtable?
      If you have a very large text file. You have comma separated characters. How do you know how many times a word appeared? How will you print the first maximum top 10 words.
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2010.

Hiring process for MS takes extremely long. For a full time position, you'll most likely meet with the business unit lead, as well as the business unit owner. After that interview, you'll meet with HR. If you get an offer, it might be as long as 2 months after your last interview.