Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Baltimore, MD

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Pre night at school, one 30 minute interview on campus. Got a call back for final round interviews. All behavioral questions -- be yourself and be smart. Group project while upper level management observed; they want to know your thought process so make sure you're vocal.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great program; HR gives you enough time to decide. Awesome place to intern/work.

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I went through my school's career service system. I submitted my resume, and got called back shortly after. Once I got through the first round, I was invited to second rounds in New York. Everyone was extremely nice and professional. One of the best recruiting experiences I had.

Interview Question – All fit questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got the first round on campus. Interviews gave three questions about brain teaser. The first one is to find 1 item that has different weight among 8 items using scale. And then, I moved to final round. I met four interviewers each for 30 minutes. They gave questions from basic Java questions like Auto boxing, to practical questions such as sorting text files that has many columns, data tracking in DB for the chess game. It was good experience for me.

Interview Question – How to sort data in each columns in a file. Should put all data on memory.   View Answers (2)

Operations Intern Interview

Operations Intern

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Signed up via on-campus recruiting. One first round interview on-campus. Second round next day included 3 interviews and a group project.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you were wrong   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2010.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manager, no issues, asked the general questions. Was very friendly and kind.

Interview Question – What are my weaknesses   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus , lots of detailed java question, e.g : How Hash works.

Interview Question – How to read a file and compare its content   View Answers (2)

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – The process took about a month. First round interviews were very basic; almost all of the questions were behavioral or fit -- tell me about yourself, what do you know about Morgan Stanley, why do you want to intern in this division, etc. After first round interviews, they ask you back for their super day in one of their Manhattan offices. The super day lasted roughly around 3 hours, the first half was a group project and the interviewers examine how you work/behave within a group, the second half was composed of 3 (1-on-1) interviews with Seniors Execs. Each interviewer focused on either behavioral, fit, or technical questions.

Interview Question – Examine an Excel spreadsheet and suggest how you would organize the same data to make it easier to understand/ visually pleasing   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Operations Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school Starr Search Program. Was emailed about 2 weeks later saying I had been chosen for the first round of interviews on my campus. The night before the interview, Morgan Stanley held a pre-night information session where there was a panel of Operations employees. They talked a little about Operations and you had the chance to ask questions then network. The first round of interviews were all behavioral. They asked what your greatest weakness/strength was, a time where you worked in a team and any problems that arose, and questions to that nature. I was contacted the next afternoon saying I had made the second round, which was Superday. Superday was today, and it consisted of a group project to see how you work in a team and then two more behavioral interviews. I was contacted about 5 hours later, extending me the offer to work as an Operations Summer Analyst and I accepted. Everyone was very friendly and made the whole experience stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. All behavioral so make sure you know your resume and are ready to talk about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because it is a summer internship.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Submitted resume online earlier this year. Was called on my cell phone for a first round interview, which was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, just what you would expect from an interview at MS. Then, participated in a Super Day with multiple interviews back to back. Heard the next week.

Interview Question – Some tougher quantitative questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

Interview Details – one on campus interview. 30 mins Duration. Mostly technical.
four on site interviews by panelists. 30 mins each. Mix of technical and Behavoural.

Interview Question – 1. FInding maximum frequency word from set of words