Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.4

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The interview process was 100% through my universities on-campus recruiting. The first round was on campus and the second round was in their NYC office. The first round was primarily fit based. The second round took 4 hours or so and involved meeting people from all different levels. The interviews with the more junior people were technical in nature

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

One over the phone interview and super day on site. Over the phone mainly fit questions and talking about my interests. On site- again fit question and a few accounting questions. Extended offer about 2 hours after on sit interview. Then they sent the formal letter by email.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied for the investment banking summer analyst position in November 2013. They asked me lots of behavior questions instead of technical ones. Basically, they asked me questions such as "why IBD". "tell me any deals you are interested at / done by Morgan Stanley in the past few years"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

On campus Recruitment

Interview Questions
    • Deep dive into your background. Why banking over Private Equity? Why investment banking?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

They kept rescheduling our interview time. Looks like they are really busy. I had two first round interview. and a second round interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Phone interview for first round. The interviewer was nice but she drilled on every single details of my answers. She asked "How to solve the Euro crisis?" I gave her my view but she was skeptical about it. Be sure to know what you actually mean when you are claiming something or putting forward an opinion. The interviewer will ask follow up questions.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round phone interview. I was informed of the interview 2 days prior. The person on the phone was nice but the majority of the questions were technical. Only one fit question - 'Tell me about yourself' and all technical after that.

Interview Questions
    • - How would an increase in depreciation flow through the statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Process:
    - Began with an info session
    - On campus coffee chats
    - On campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes
    - Interviewer was nice, progressed through the process as though it was a casual conversation
    - Asked a variety of behavioral, technical and even a market sizing question
    - Overall, people at the office are nice, chill, but smart and hardworking

Interview Questions
    • What sport do you like most? What team is your favorite? How many fans do you think there are for that team in the entire world?   Answer Question
    • If you were spreading comps and you were looking at the market cap and the enterprise value, which do you think would be higher and what would cause you to raise a red flag?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Two associates interviewed me.

walk me through your resume.

two brainteasers

asked me about the general market

why morgan stanley

Interview Questions
    • why morgan stanley   Answer Question
    • if you were to change one thing about the US., anything, politics or economy, anything, what would you do to save our economy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Great process, tough to get past first round, but once you do, it all comes down to personality and whether you are a good fit with the firm. Once they give you an offer, are aggressive in trying to get you to sign, as expected.

Interview Questions
    • give me an industry you like (Natural Resources). Okay, lets value a technology company.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable