Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

3.4

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I had applied through my college careers services. I got a first round face-to-face interview for Investment Banking. The interviewers came down to campus to interview. Interviewers looked generally disinterested right from the word go. Asked only one technical question. Got back to me after almost a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Interview

Non-core student, networked my way in. Senior managers asked mostly fit questions (tell me about yourself, why banking, tell me about your previous internship), I had one associate ask me "Value your university and sell it to me" that was the most difficult question, other than that interview was great

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was 100% through my universities on-campus recruiting. The first round was on campus and the second round was in their NYC office. The first round was primarily fit based. The second round took 4 hours or so and involved meeting people from all different levels. The interviews with the more junior people were technical in nature

Negotiation

N/A

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

One over the phone interview and super day on site. Over the phone mainly fit questions and talking about my interests. On site- again fit question and a few accounting questions. Extended offer about 2 hours after on sit interview. Then they sent the formal letter by email.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for the investment banking summer analyst position in November 2013. They asked me lots of behavior questions instead of technical ones. Basically, they asked me questions such as "why IBD". "tell me any deals you are interested at / done by Morgan Stanley in the past few years"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

On campus Recruitment

Interview Questions

• Deep dive into your background. Why banking over Private Equity? Why investment banking?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

They kept rescheduling our interview time. Looks like they are really busy. I had two first round interview. and a second round interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview for first round. The interviewer was nice but she drilled on every single details of my answers. She asked "How to solve the Euro crisis?" I gave her my view but she was skeptical about it. Be sure to know what you actually mean when you are claiming something or putting forward an opinion. The interviewer will ask follow up questions.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round phone interview. I was informed of the interview 2 days prior. The person on the phone was nice but the majority of the questions were technical. Only one fit question - 'Tell me about yourself' and all technical after that.

Interview Questions

• - How would an increase in depreciation flow through the statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Great process, tough to get past first round, but once you do, it all comes down to personality and whether you are a good fit with the firm. Once they give you an offer, are aggressive in trying to get you to sign, as expected.

Interview Questions

• give me an industry you like (Natural Resources). Okay, lets value a technology company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable