Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – I applied for the investment banking summer analyst position in November 2013. They asked me lots of behavior questions instead of technical ones. Basically, they asked me questions such as "why IBD". "tell me any deals you are interested at / done by Morgan Stanley in the past few years"

Interview Question – Tell me the deals you are interested at   Answer Question

New York, NY

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

Interview Details – On campus Recruitment

Interview Question – Deep dive into your background. Why banking over Private Equity? Why investment banking?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – They kept rescheduling our interview time. Looks like they are really busy. I had two first round interview. and a second round interview.

Interview Question – Why IBD.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Phone interview for first round. The interviewer was nice but she drilled on every single details of my answers. She asked "How to solve the Euro crisis?" I gave her my view but she was skeptical about it. Be sure to know what you actually mean when you are claiming something or putting forward an opinion. The interviewer will ask follow up questions.

Interview Question – How to solve the Euro crisis?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Interview Details – Great process, tough to get past first round, but once you do, it all comes down to personality and whether you are a good fit with the firm. Once they give you an offer, are aggressive in trying to get you to sign, as expected.

Interview Question – give me an industry you like (Natural Resources). Okay, lets value a technology company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – First round phone interview. I was informed of the interview 2 days prior. The person on the phone was nice but the majority of the questions were technical. Only one fit question - 'Tell me about yourself' and all technical after that.

Interview Question – - How would an increase in depreciation flow through the statements?   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Interview Details – Two associates interviewed me.

walk me through your resume.

two brainteasers

asked me about the general market

why morgan stanley

Interview Questions

• why morgan stanley   Answer Question
  • if you were to change one thing about the US., anything, politics or economy, anything, what would you do to save our economy?   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

Interview Details – Process:
- Began with an info session
- On campus coffee chats
- On campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes
- Interviewer was nice, progressed through the process as though it was a casual conversation
- Asked a variety of behavioral, technical and even a market sizing question
- Overall, people at the office are nice, chill, but smart and hardworking

Interview Questions

• What sport do you like most? What team is your favorite? How many fans do you think there are for that team in the entire world?   Answer Question
  • If you were spreading comps and you were looking at the market cap and the enterprise value, which do you think would be higher and what would cause you to raise a red flag?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview where I answered some techical questions, then two in person interviews. It all went very well, not sure what happened. Should be noted that this was not an on campus interview but lateraling in after a year of work experience.

Interview Question – Which type of modeling will produce the highest/lowest valuation?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2010.

Interview Details – First round interview screen on phone. Simple "why morgan stanley" and "why investment banking" questions. Second round interview was on campus. Longer interview (25-30 minutes) with a university alum working for MS. They asked me some accounting questions like "how does the net income flow through the accounting statements". Also asked questions regarding what IBankers do.

Interview Questions

• What does and Investment banking analyst do on a day to day basis?   Answer Question
  • How does the Net Income carry through the basic accounting statements?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Analyst interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.