Morgan Stanley Investment Management Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

3.6

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management in June 2010.

I was contacted by HR and the entire process took about 3 months. The interview consisted of meeting with the team leader of every group that I would have to interact with. I was asked specific questions as it related to the function I would be performing, They presented case scenarios and I was expected to provide a detailed response on how I would resolve.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific questions regarding on the type of database I was working on.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate sign on bonus

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management in May 2013.

Interview was over the phone with an HR manager. Asked basic questions detailing education and expereince as well as reason for seeking employment with the firm. Lasted about 20 mins

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.

Long drawn out time, after it ended I was tired out and looking way out, I should have ran. It was incredibly different then I was originally awaiting. The employees that interview me were not top players.

Long

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.

3 rounds of interviews. 2 over the phone, and last one at MS NYC office for superday. The whole process took 2 months. A combination of both behavioral and technical questions. Make sure you have your resume stamped in your head. Even though you might not be interviewing for a technical position, it is essential for you to at least have a good memory of calculas, and other financial concepts, including derivatives

No Negotiation

Real Estate Investment Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.

Two first round interviews and final round at the office.

Interview Questions
    • Would IRR be higher for a property generating high cash flow, or one generating nothing at all?   View Answer

Financial Adviser Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.

Quick response via email after initial online application. Had phone screening which resulted in basic questions of why do you want to do you want to become a financial advisor, why do you think you will be successful etc. Next was asked to take a few online tests which would quantify ability to pass licensing exams. Initial contact told me that someone from the location that I applied to would contact me after I finish the tests. A few weeks went by with no contact. A month after the tests were completed I was able to get a hold of the initial contact who told me that I was still in consideration but that I just had to wait to hear from the location I applied to. 2 months later and still no contact.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.

Submitted application on campus, went through first round interview on campus and then second round at MSIM offices. Everybody was nice and very professional. The interview was not technical but based more upon fit. They took a while to get back with the results unfortunately (over three weeks) which was a little long.

Investment Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management in April 2013.

Contacted an Alumni at MS
    Phone interview regarding interest and intern job description
    Flew to NYC for in-person interview
    Verbally accepted internship on the spot
    Confirmed via email, and email was forwarded to recruiting office, HR
    Official documents emailed, signed, and returned

Interview Questions
    • None. Fit Questions, Need based clarifiers about the internship   Answer Question
    minimum wage paid, $2 per hour increase after one month.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management in June 2010.

It was a lengthy process. Everyone I sat with continued to emphasize how I will not make it in this business. They try to scare you to turn you away since you are a cost to them if you are not producing. You have to sell yourself, your drive and your network. The online test took around two hours. I interviewed with branch manager, business development officer, and compliance. Everyone is very nice witho the company, but reality is that not many people make it in the business. Not the most professional work environment since you can be completely reckless and as long as you bring money in for the firm, they keep you on top. Ego driven environment, but ultimately that's what gets you far here.

IB Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Investment Management in January 2012.

Asked me my story and how to value a company

Interview Questions

Worked for Morgan Stanley Investment Management? Contribute to the Community!