Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Market Risk Analyst Interview Questions

4.0

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Entry level position. Referred by an employee. Then they called me to have an in-person interview with three people in the team. Asked Questions about VaR, Basel 2.5, Greek Letter, Recent Market News, Brain Teasers. Focus on analytical and quantitative skill as well as basic understanding about market risk management.

Interview Questions
  • What if the VaR is too small and the loss can be ignored?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2010.

After submitting my resume, I was scheduled for a phone interview. The interviewer asked general market questions including who the current US Secretary of Treasury was, which companies failed during 2008, and what VAR stood for. The next day I was asked to come in for a half day of interviews. I met one-on-one with 5 different employees. The interviews ranged from traditional questions to technical questions. They were all extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Name the main greeks and how they are derived.   View Answer