Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Interview Details – Entry level position. Referred by an employee. Then they called me to have an in-person interview with three people in the team. Asked Questions about VaR, Basel 2.5, Greek Letter, Recent Market News, Brain Teasers. Focus on analytical and quantitative skill as well as basic understanding about market risk management.

Interview Question – What if the VaR is too small and the loss can be ignored?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I was scheduled for a phone interview. The interviewer asked general market questions including who the current US Secretary of Treasury was, which companies failed during 2008, and what VAR stood for. The next day I was asked to come in for a half day of interviews. I met one-on-one with 5 different employees. The interviews ranged from traditional questions to technical questions. They were all extremely friendly.

Interview Question – Name the main greeks and how they are derived.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Market Risk Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.