Morgan Stanley

3.6

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

AVP- Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

Got a mail from Morgan Stanley HR Mumbai or interview.They have taken 2 rounds of Technical and Management questions. Almost 30-45 Minutes and asked more on Unix,sql questions.
    Then HR Called me for Face to Face interview.When I informed that I am in Delhi and need a travel she set another telephonic round with a US person. It was a long interview almost 1 Hrs.

After interview HR told me that she will set up Face to Face round interview next week.After several chase up mails HR told me that Position is cancelled.

HR is very rude and not communicating well .she is not able to write proper mails.

Interview Questions
    • 1.3 different servers in LB mode and you need to check logs from one server without FTP.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Morgan Stanley visited our campus for placements. We first had a online aptitude and coding test. The test could be answered in either C/C++ or Java.The aptitude questions were more difficult than the coding questions. 24 students were shortlisted for the interviews and after 4 rounds of interviewing 6 of us were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would design and implement the pattern unlock lock screen of android   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon East (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon East (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

There were just 2 rounds:
    1. by the team leader
    2. Managerial round

GT is basically a contractual position of 6 months and depending on their need, requirement and candidates performance, they might extend the contract and at a later stage if headcounts are available they might even confirm you.

They did not ask me too many technical questions. Most of the questions were from my resume. and rest was process related. For eg.: what is cash recon., why is it required, if balances match are we still required to do cash recon. and there were questions on mutual fund like, what is NAV and its calculation, what is the asset for a Mutual fund.. these questions were asked by the team leader

the Managerial round was almost a formality.

Try to negotiate. don't worry they will come back to you, but push them a little more, stating its after all a contractual position.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Morgan Stanley visited our campus for IT analyst profile for the Strats and Modelling division based in Mumbai. There was a 2-hour written test which had questions on algorithm and probability. They shortlisted 10 people for the interviews. The first round had 2 interviews of 30 minutes each. The interviews were again based on probability and algorithms. Five people were shortlisted for the final round.

Interview Questions
    • The questions in algorithm were difficult. Like find the shortest path between 2 connected component in the matrix   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

For morgan stanley summer analyst program in Mumbai (as an internship)
    First round is MCQ test on computer
    It consists of few aptitude questions and few programming questions
    Programming language can be chosen as one out of C,C++ and Java .
    2 coding questions in the next part where in you have to code 2 programs given the sample input and output .
    After shortlisting , we have the Interview round .(my friend's opinions below)
    Interview was general , not much technical .
    Stressed more on leadership qualities .

Interview Questions
    • How to implement a good data structure for a social networking site like fb .   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

Online test followed by telephonic rounds of interviews. The person who was taking the interview didn't had any knowledge of the technology and told me to hold up the phone for 10 mins in between. Then he started asking oneliner questions, looked like he was reading questions from somewhere. I got mail in 10 mins after the interview that you didn't clear the interview. I hope next time when they tell someone to take the interview, the person is atleast competent to do so and please don't waste someones valuable time.

Interview Questions
    • How many threads garbage collector uses?   View Answer

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through college campus placements.
    Online aptitude test consited of two rounds.
    1. 40 questions to be solved in one hour. (10 Quantitative, 30 C/C++/Java)
    2. A boxing match with an autograder. Solve three programming questions in one hour.

Quantitative questions were disturbing. If unprepared, will be a serious dent to your confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Questions.
      1. WAP to determine the maximum number of cars parked simultaneously in a parking lot (Arrays in Java)
      2. WAP to determine sum of elements in rows, columns and diagonals of an n x n Matrix
      3. WAP for polynomial multiplication

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

The first round of interview was with the HR. Basic HR questions were asked. This was followed by a Test, which included questions on accounting, capital markets, logical reasoning. This was followed by a technical round of interview. Questions asked were on topics like capital markets, hedge funds, financial ratios,etc

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

This was a campus hiring process

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was a campus hiring process and the compensation were fixed for the whole batch of campus recruits.

Vice President - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Total five interviews
    1. Telephonic interview - technical
    2. Telephonic interview - more technical
    3. Telephonic interview - technical
    Called to Mumbai for face to face interviews
    Had a technical interviews followed by a fitment and an HR interview
    and was offered within a week

Whole process was very fast and took only 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Very technical interview but most were OK
      Lot on Perl, automation, OOPs, XML, web services etc

Answer Question
    I was given a hint that they wont like negotiation.
    I was offered very near to what I wanted and I accepted the offer