Morgan Stanley

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst - Technology Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – This was a campus hiring process

Interview Question – It has been very long. I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a campus hiring process and the compensation were fixed for the whole batch of campus recruits.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2012.

Interview Details – lots of interview- multiple rounds across days

Interview Question – tell us abt urseld   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2010.

Interview Details – About 10 interviews. In office for 1 day and others offline - phone, video conference.

Interview Question – American Monte Carlo model can get biased numbers. How do you know which direction, and why does that happen?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round was apti + basic coputer programming
2nd was Coding round, in the language which u prefer, C or JAva
If u clear 2nd round You go for Technical interview(3rd round)
3rd round is eliminator like the first one.

Next there is Group activity 2nd technical and then HR....!! (6 rounds in all)

Interview Question – Difficult would be to convince them that you wont go for HIGHER studies..!!   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – 2 technical rounds, one group activity, one HR round

Interview Question – Design a E-commerce website   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview Details – 2 Technical rounds + HR

Interview Question – Which is better between Object oriented and Procedural language?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2012.

Interview Details – One telephonic and followed by 5 face to face interviews

Interview Question – Challenges   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process generally consists of 4-5 rounds of interview taking up to 1 month. Questions are asked mostly on Core Java, Algorithms & data structures, Multi-threading and puzzles. Sometimes little of the frameworks are also touched upon (hibernate, struts, springs)

Interview Question – finance question based on travelling sales man problem with polynomial time complexity.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is too good but too lenghty process, Initially started with telephonic technical round and thereafter a month had a F2F round wherein total had 6 rounds of interview.

The first technical round was tuff and indepth, the call was for about an hour. The interviewer was too good and had indepth knowledge on the technology.

In the F2F therewhere multiple rounds scheduled.

3 Technical round from india followed by 2 more technical from US team.
Further interview's followed by Hiring Manager,Director and finally the HR round.

Overall a nice experience of the interview.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, They paid more then expectation

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by the HR from Morgan Stanley. He scheduled my telephonic interview.

Interview Question – Interviewer asked me to brief him about my work experience. Then he picked up my current project and started asking some questions about it. These questions were mostly related to design patterns, though not mentioning it directly. Interviewer was giving clues if I was telling something wrong. Overall a nice experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice in Mumbai, India. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.