Morgan Stanley Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

277 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

CV - your relevant experience with the position/your leadership experience/your project experience which you did something from scratch;
    Related topic - Relevant topic in the position/your understanding of the macro economy/ your understanding of the position

Public Finance Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2012.

It includes a lot of resume questions on the first round. Second round is more quantitative and technical based. It is based more on legal knowledge than public finance knowledge public finance also deals a lot with the government

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about financial institution? What is risk in the institution now.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Was asked basic behavioral questions for internship position--
    Tell me about yourself
    Why finance?
    Strength?
    Weakness?
    Did not get asked any technicals. I came off nervous and non-authentic because I over prepared for technical questions but didn't even get asked one.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Purchase, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Initial phone interview then interviewed with three additional people live. Each person spent about 20 min with me and just chatted candidly. The interviewers spent more time explaining the job and making sure it was something I was wiling to do.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything increadibly difficult to answer. Normal interview questions about goals, plans, interests, qualifications, education, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Telephone interview with general questions about what my experience etc. then an extensive online test. The test was not what I expected and was kind of confusing. I was called for an interview so I must have passed the test. In the interview I was asked general interview questions and I was given a week to write a business plan. In the final interview we talked about the business plan and that if I have friends who can sign up with me. I realized that I don't have that many....so I said good bye.

Interview Questions
    • On average how much your family or friends would invest?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
    I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
    The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job

Vice President, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Purchase, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I went through 4 interviews. First was with HR next was with the sales manager, third was with the administrative manager, final interview was with business head. It was a fair and balanced interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently in your business right now to improve the situation and increase sales?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and come very close to the compensation I was going after. The business head was upfront and direct and let me know that he wanted me for the job.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2010.

Application included a letter of recommendation, an essay, and college transcripts. Interviews occurred during one flyout. I had 3 interviews in one day with short breaks. They asked me questions like where do I see myself in 10 years? Why do I want to work for Morgan Stanley? One interviewer asked me to solve a short math problem. I solved it with a pen and paper that I already had out. Another interviewer asked me to approximate how many blue cars there are in America.

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

1. Phone interview w/ the hiring manager. Some basic technical questions. On the next day I was informed by the recruiter to have an on-site interview.

2. Onsite interviews. Met 4 or 5 developers one by one. With each of them I spent about 30min - 1 hour and overall it was about 4 hours long. All of them asked me pretty tough technical questions: OO design, CS questions, Javascript questions, AngularJS questions, Java questions, etc.

3. I followed up with the recruiter. 2 weeks passed and he still said, "We are still interviewing." I've never heard back since then and figured that was their way of saying "No."

Interview Questions
    • The knight's tour question; Permutation using the phone keypad.   Answer Question

Investor Fund Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Purchase, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Applied online through university job database heard back within a week asking for an interview. Met with the supervisor of the Intern program as well as a young entry level analysts. Ran through my resume top to bottom. Really wanted to know about the Excel work I did and how it was applicable to my analytical and quantitative skills.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted specific example from a project on my resume about how i had to use my analytical skills.   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!