Morgan Stanley

265 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Runner/Foot-courier Interview

Long Island City, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2012.

Interview Details – applied online then got a call to come and discuss my past experiences and if i am built for this job

Interview Question – i was asked if i was able to carry 60 to 70 ibs boxes.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Question – Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process for MS takes extremely long. For a full time position, you'll most likely meet with the business unit lead, as well as the business unit owner. After that interview, you'll meet with HR. If you get an offer, it might be as long as 2 months after your last interview.

Interview Question – Regular interview questions, nothing special.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – There may be multiple interviews, but don't become frustrated. Multiple meetings are a good indication that a job offer is forthcoming.

Interview Question – Each interviewer is different, so do your research and prepare your responses. Providing a strong presentation and being well prepared are your best tools.   Answer Question

Operation Specialist Interview

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for the interview. I had a phone interview, which was followed by a panel interview. It was a comfortable environment. I had three rounds of interviews before being made an offer.

Interview Question – One of the questions was "how will I deal with an irated customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found the initial offer to be lower than I expected. I contacted the HR representative via email with a counter offer. A few days later she responded accepting the negotiated amount.

Credit Risk Full Time Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got referrered from an alum in October 2013, got the first round interview in the same month and the final round in Nov 2013.

Interview Question – There was a 1-hour group exercise. I hated it. About at least 10-15 people in the room watching us.   Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career center and was invited for an On Campus Interview.

Interview Question – "Could you tell me about a time where you worked with people of different backgrounds and how you managed?"   View Answer

Strats and Modeling Summer Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2012.

Interview Details – I saw the intern information on my university career net and applied through Morgan Stanley website. Then they invited me to attend their written exam. It contain math, finance, and programming questions. About 60-70 questions, and you have one hour to finish it. The math part contains basic math and stochastic calculus. Finance part contains bonds, options and other derivatives. Programming part, you can choose to answer c++ or java.
Then I got an phone interview. One guy asked something about my resume. And asked me soem technical questions. And when it came as my first interview, I was too nervous to answer it well.

Interview Questions

• how to used monte carlo to find e?   View Answer
  • conditional probability questions: there is a test to test one's IQ. If your IQ is x, you will get a score between x-10 to x+10. Now someone's score is 150. What's his IQ range?
    Can you tell the best estimate? If not, what else condition you need?
      View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Initially on campus interview with very difficult questions(All types of trees and indexes) and then 4 on site interviews with all technical questions along with a group task of 45 mins. In all the 4 rounds u need to think aloud

Interview Question – RedBlack trees and Indexes in SQL   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a 30 minute interview on campus with two recruiters. They were very friendly and asked mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited to attend the Superday and this consisted of several, back to back, 30 minute interviews. Again, a lot of behavioral questions and some questions regarding market conditions. Just be prepared on the company and especially the position. Also, read up on current markets and know whats going on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific article, preferably one that's not popular in the news, that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 265 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.