Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Nothing very special. All questions are related to behavioral. No technical question. Received an offer after I finished the interview. All the interviewers are very friendly and helpful, willing to answer all your questions and concerns.

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

The superday was four half-hour interviews back to back. Met with some pretty senior people (executive director level) in my interviews. Most questions asked were personality/fit-based, though some math and probability questions were asked as well.

Public Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume on the company website. First round is telephone screening. Second round is the final on-site group/panel. The final round took about 2 hours and there are four panels to talk to. Each panel consists of at least two professionals, from different background.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A current employee referred me directly with the hiring manager. Recruiting then scheduled a phone meeting with the manager. Then the next week, had a day of 5 consecutive meetings with different members of the team; 30 minutes with each person.

Interview Questions

• Each team member asked to tell them about myself. Also, each had their own set of questions based on how they would collaborate with the person in the role. Overall, they focused on my resume, asked about my career goals, as well as hobbies. I thought the interviews went well, but to much surprise, I was told 3-4 days later by HR that they will not be moving forward with my candidacy.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

30-minute phone interview. Asked typical questions like, "Why Morgan Stanley?" "Why Investment Banking" and "Walk me through your resume". Interviewer was monotone and emotionless, so it was hard to pick up on his vibe to see if I was doing well or not. Also created awkward pauses to see how i'd respond to them. Very much behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Temp Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with two members of the team I would potentially work with. It was brief. Probably 30-45 minutes to discuss my background and how my experience would contribute to the team. They asked good, well-thought out questions. I got an offer the same day. Keep in mind, this was for a temp role that had potential to go perm. They were looking to fill the position right away.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The experience was terrible, for me. They were really looking for someone with more of a background in the financial sector. The interviewer advised me that she had asked the recruiter to bring in individuals with strong generalist backgrounds from other industries, and then she told me that it would be a huge learning curve.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was mostly interested in my employee relations experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone screens, 5 tech 1 on 1, hiring manager and finally exec. typical fin tech interview in large firm. you will get the same in bbg, jpm, bofa. Depending on the group more or less technical

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

This is a formal company. Candidates should wear suits - navy, black or grey. If you have a big personality, best to keep your enthusiasm under control. Arrive early because the checkin process in the lobby can take a while - I'd allow at least an extra 10 for that.

Interview Questions

• If supporting a group, how do you prioritize tasks?   1 Answer

Junior Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied early after participating in a diversity recruitment program, sent in resume + cover letter, heard back about a month later that I had been selected for a superday in two weeks. I had four 1:1 interviews, all with VPs or MDs. They varied a bit by interviewer, with only 2/4 asking me for my stock pitch (although I would still recommend heavily preparing) but all were primarily conversational/behavioral. I am an economics major, and I believe there was one question about interest rates but nothing very technical. They asked typical questions about my story, why research, and my resume. Also what groups would I be interested. Lots of time for questions at the end, my first interviewer asked me two questions and then "what do you want to know about MS research?"

Interview Questions

• Which class in college was your favorite and which was your favorite?   Answer Question