Morgan Stanley

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.2

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

30 minute phone screen. One super day with three interviews, and a fifteen minute sales pitch. Interviews were pretty standard, good mix of technical and behavioral. Interviewers picked apart candidates in sales pitch. I suggest if you pitch a stock, look at MS stance on the stock. One candidate pitched to buy a stock MS saw as a sell, and they tore her apart.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2015.

I have a friend working in Morgan Stanley. He referred us to the company. Then I received the notice from Morgan Stanley. The firm hosted a pre-night to explain the basic process of interview.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2015.

Applied online then asked to take the Quantitative Finance Exam which contains math, financial math, programming and finance. 70 questions in 60 minutes all multiple choice. Programming questions are in Java or C++, you have a choice. The questions were not hard but takes time to compute. Impossible to finish. Wrong answer gets points deduction.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

On Campus Recruiting at one of the target schools in the city. the The process took around a week or so. one on one Interview at their office for around 30 mins. Most of the fit questions. Seemed like there were more questions that had been asked to me than some candidates that I knew.

SOA Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Interview with a senior architect followed by an interview with a more junior soa architect. Additional phone screening occurred at the beginning of the process to weed out I would assume lacking skills.

Interview Questions
    • The senior architect was a standard technical interview and went by with no issues. The junior architect asked for lots of questions regarding experience with new patterns and processes that very view have used. For instance Microservices and actor based patterns.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

was pretty chill. lots of fit questions. walking through resume. they asked questions about what we wanted to do in the future. i would have gone to the superday but it seemed that they were very judgmental off of my resume. so have a strong resume and don't act like you don't know anything. this is important or else you want get hired. this review sounds stupid cuz I'm trying to become a member

Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

applied through campus recruiting. first round was on campus, two on one 30minute interview. they seemed nice and understanding. for the second round, i was invited to the NY office. 6 20minute interviews which were quick

Interview Questions
    • if you were a tech company doing an ipo, what kind of questions would you ask morgan stanley?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round was 30 minute phone interview, basic behavioral questions. Second was 2 interviews in person and a group activity. Most of the same questions in every interview. Why ops, why MS, etc.

Strats & Modeling Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

A written test, including stochastic calculus, option theory, fixed income, probability and coding. Hard to finish all in just an hour. Better complete all questions you know then focus on more difficult ones.

First-round interview with different teams, including resume question and probability. A lot of use of conditional probability, similar to brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • Approximate the possibility of a binomial distribution.   View Answer

MODEL & STRATS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Writing test. I got this interview from career fair. It takes 40 mins to do 60 questions. Four parts: math, finance, mathematical finance, programming. There are 15 people in the room and one proctor. It is pretty easy to do the part that you are good at. However, it covers too many knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Stochastic calculus, spread option, duration, future, forward, exchange rate.   Answer Question