Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – apply online, resume/ cover letter, etc
test, math quick calculation
 group interview, mock project management, problem solving ability
phone interview, personal status, goal, preference in location, etc
1-1 interview, VP

Interview Question – conflict between personality and job type   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process took a few weeks. The first included submitting a resume after an on campus presentation. After the resume is accepted, there was an on campus interview then a final round at Morgan Stanley in Fells. The Final round consisted of 2 brief 30 minute interviews then an hour long group project. The project was simple, essentially seeing how people worked in a team environment (6 or so) on a random "issue".

Interview Question – Pitch your work on the group project as a business plan, in 5 minutes, 5 minutes after the group project was finished.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Took what they gave me

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was first introduced to the Morgan Stanley hiring process through an information session at Towson University in Towson, MD. After the information session was a networking opportunity to meet the current Morgan Stanley employees. I was unaware during the moment, but I later found out that the way to get to the first round of interviews was by receiving an invitation from one of the employees from the networking- not everyone received an invitation to the interviews. The first and second round of interviews was about 4 days apart and covered the generic interview questions. A few days after my second round of interviews I was invited to the Morgan Stanley office in Baltimore for a final interview. And two weeks after the third interview I received a job offer in the mail, and then that was followed up with a congratulatory email from the human resources department.

Interview Question – Why was I interested in the operations department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Operations Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – First interview was by phone. All behavioral type questions, especially related to your knowledge about the company and your interest.

Interview Question – What was something that really interested you about Morgan Stanley and why?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Interviews are often only 1 day and in-person. Expect to meet with at least 3 people ( sometimes individually although a friend had a panel style interview in derivatives). Questions are very basic, why Morgan Stanley, what qualities make you a good fit, where are you looking to be in 5 years, etc.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation potential entry level. Try coming on as an Analyst II if possible.

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process with multiple rounds. This included multiple one-on-one interviews with employees within the firm and a group interview as well.

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was an email response to my online resume submission via my university's career services, after which I scheduled a brief phone interview with a representative from the company. A few after days the phone interview I received another email inviting me to interview in person with the company the next week; this included two 1:1 interviews with mid-level managers at the company and a group activity with other applicants to demonstrate our ability to work with a team. The 1:1 interviews were 30 minutes long each, and mainly covered relevant previous experiences and provided more information about the Operations Analyst role at the company. Overall it was a less stressful interview process than I expected from such a large organization, and the office environment I observed was very professional, everyone at their desks engaged in their work or talking with coworkers about their work.

Interview Question – There were not many unexpected or technical questions in either interview, but the most difficult questions was "Why do you want to work Morgan Stanley?" because the only way to have a genuine answer to this question is to have done at least a little research about the company in preparation, and it is very open-ended, a chance to demonstrate to the interviewer that you are truly motivated to work towards becoming a valuable team member in the organization.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line through my schools job board and got called in for an interview a couple days later. I interviewed for two positions a few days a part and both interviews had several rounds with each round being someone higher up the ladder in that division.

Interview Question – The typical strengths and weaknesses questions but they wanted an example of when a weakness impacts the quality of my work and how I go about compensating for it.   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details – Basic on campus interview and super day. Super day consisted of two job shadows, two 30 minute interviews and a group project.

Interview Question – Explain a time when difficulties arose in a group project and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal - meet with group directors for several positions. They will ask about background, education, etc.

Negotiation Details – None, they tell you a salary, they will not negotiate, simply move onto the next interested candidate. The pay is salary plus overtime any hours over 40, typical week minimum 50 hrs -55 hrs

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.