Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2015.

First round was one 30 minute interview. Second round was two 30 minute interviews and a group activity. All behavioral questions, nothing technical. For the group activity we were divided into two groups to work on a problem. Then, they combined the groups and we had to work together to present our solution. For the interview, know what operations does.

Interview Questions
  • Best group you've worked with, a time you were wrong, a time you had to have a tough conversation, why Morgan Stanley, why operations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

On Campus Recruiting at one of the target schools in the city. the The process took around a week or so. one on one Interview at their office for around 30 mins. Most of the fit questions. Seemed like there were more questions that had been asked to me than some candidates that I knew.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

staffing agency called me up about this opportunity and asked me if I wanted to go for an interview with them, and I agreed to go in the office. There were two ppl interviewing me, one was the team manager, the other was a team member. They asked me a lot of questions, most of them were behavioral, not that difficult. The whole interview process lasted for about 40 mins.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round was 30 minute phone interview, basic behavioral questions. Second was 2 interviews in person and a group activity. Most of the same questions in every interview. Why ops, why MS, etc.

Operations Analyst Interview

The first round was a phone interview. For the most part, they asked behavioral and situational questions. The second round was an all day superday interview. It had several behavioral interviews and a group activity. Overall they were all pretty straightforward types of questions. You should have a good understanding of Morgan Stanley and operations' role in the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Campus interview first one on one then call you for a second/ final interview at main office of where your applying. At the office you get 2 one on one interviews mainly behavioral and then one group interview but it could be switched. The group interview could have about 5 to 10 people.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The HR representative was unprofessional an unorganized. I expected something different from Morgan Stanley. The mid office representatives were friendly. The interview questions were very basic. It seems like they are looking for younger people.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

apply online, resume/ cover letter, etc
    test, math quick calculation
     group interview, mock project management, problem solving ability
    phone interview, personal status, goal, preference in location, etc
    1-1 interview, VP

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First interview was by phone. All behavioral type questions, especially related to your knowledge about the company and your interest.

Interview Questions
    • What was something that really interested you about Morgan Stanley and why?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interviews are often only 1 day and in-person. Expect to meet with at least 3 people ( sometimes individually although a friend had a panel style interview in derivatives). Questions are very basic, why Morgan Stanley, what qualities make you a good fit, where are you looking to be in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions
    Limited negotiation potential entry level. Try coming on as an Analyst II if possible.