Morgan Stanley

2.8

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round was 30 minute phone interview, basic behavioral questions. Second was 2 interviews in person and a group activity. Most of the same questions in every interview. Why ops, why MS, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Operations Analyst Interview

The first round was a phone interview. For the most part, they asked behavioral and situational questions. The second round was an all day superday interview. It had several behavioral interviews and a group activity. Overall they were all pretty straightforward types of questions. You should have a good understanding of Morgan Stanley and operations' role in the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Campus interview first one on one then call you for a second/ final interview at main office of where your applying. At the office you get 2 one on one interviews mainly behavioral and then one group interview but it could be switched. The group interview could have about 5 to 10 people.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The HR representative was unprofessional an unorganized. I expected something different from Morgan Stanley. The mid office representatives were friendly. The interview questions were very basic. It seems like they are looking for younger people.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

apply online, resume/ cover letter, etc
    test, math quick calculation
     group interview, mock project management, problem solving ability
    phone interview, personal status, goal, preference in location, etc
    1-1 interview, VP

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First interview was by phone. All behavioral type questions, especially related to your knowledge about the company and your interest.

Interview Questions
    • What was something that really interested you about Morgan Stanley and why?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interviews are often only 1 day and in-person. Expect to meet with at least 3 people ( sometimes individually although a friend had a panel style interview in derivatives). Questions are very basic, why Morgan Stanley, what qualities make you a good fit, where are you looking to be in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions
    Limited negotiation potential entry level. Try coming on as an Analyst II if possible.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Thorough interview process with multiple rounds. This included multiple one-on-one interviews with employees within the firm and a group interview as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

Initial communication was an email response to my online resume submission via my university's career services, after which I scheduled a brief phone interview with a representative from the company. A few after days the phone interview I received another email inviting me to interview in person with the company the next week; this included two 1:1 interviews with mid-level managers at the company and a group activity with other applicants to demonstrate our ability to work with a team. The 1:1 interviews were 30 minutes long each, and mainly covered relevant previous experiences and provided more information about the Operations Analyst role at the company. Overall it was a less stressful interview process than I expected from such a large organization, and the office environment I observed was very professional, everyone at their desks engaged in their work or talking with coworkers about their work.

Interview Questions
    • There were not many unexpected or technical questions in either interview, but the most difficult questions was "Why do you want to work Morgan Stanley?" because the only way to have a genuine answer to this question is to have done at least a little research about the company in preparation, and it is very open-ended, a chance to demonstrate to the interviewer that you are truly motivated to work towards becoming a valuable team member in the organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2013.

The Hiring process took a few weeks. The first included submitting a resume after an on campus presentation. After the resume is accepted, there was an on campus interview then a final round at Morgan Stanley in Fells. The Final round consisted of 2 brief 30 minute interviews then an hour long group project. The project was simple, essentially seeing how people worked in a team environment (6 or so) on a random "issue".

Interview Questions
    • Pitch your work on the group project as a business plan, in 5 minutes, 5 minutes after the group project was finished.   View Answer
    Took what they gave me