Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Team based exercises and two solo interviews. The human resources department had a major role in the process. Everything was organized very well and the materials handed out at the career day were great.

Had a different offer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through a staffing agency. This company was very responsive in terms of scheduling the interview and responding within a few days concerning whether I interviewed with multiple people before the session ended. I received an offer or made it to the next round. Great company, and anyone applying should be really interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What are the responsibilities of this position? 3. Why apply for Operation Analyst? Why Morgan Stanley? 4. Greatest weakness / strength? 5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2015.

Interview

First round was one 30 minute interview. Second round was two 30 minute interviews and a group activity. All behavioral questions, nothing technical. For the group activity we were divided into two groups to work on a problem. Then, they combined the groups and we had to work together to present our solution. For the interview, know what operations does.

Interview Questions

• Best group you've worked with, a time you were wrong, a time you had to have a tough conversation, why Morgan Stanley, why operations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

On Campus Recruiting at one of the target schools in the city. the The process took around a week or so. one on one Interview at their office for around 30 mins. Most of the fit questions. Seemed like there were more questions that had been asked to me than some candidates that I knew.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

staffing agency called me up about this opportunity and asked me if I wanted to go for an interview with them, and I agreed to go in the office. There were two ppl interviewing me, one was the team manager, the other was a team member. They asked me a lot of questions, most of them were behavioral, not that difficult. The whole interview process lasted for about 40 mins.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was 30 minute phone interview, basic behavioral questions. Second was 2 interviews in person and a group activity. Most of the same questions in every interview. Why ops, why MS, etc.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. For the most part, they asked behavioral and situational questions. The second round was an all day superday interview. It had several behavioral interviews and a group activity. Overall they were all pretty straightforward types of questions. You should have a good understanding of Morgan Stanley and operations' role in the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Campus interview first one on one then call you for a second/ final interview at main office of where your applying. At the office you get 2 one on one interviews mainly behavioral and then one group interview but it could be switched. The group interview could have about 5 to 10 people.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard campus recruiting procedure: online application, on-campus interview, on-site interview. I was asked the same questions in the on-campus interview as I was in the on-site interviews (I had 2 in one day). I'm not sure if this was a mistake or not, but it made it much easier for me. The on-site interview also included a (very awkward) group assignment during which we had to come up with a new budget for a fictional client. Other than that, interview questions were very standard (describe one time you went above and beyond; describe your biggest flaw; why are you interested in this position, etc.)

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The HR representative was unprofessional an unorganized. I expected something different from Morgan Stanley. The mid office representatives were friendly. The interview questions were very basic. It seems like they are looking for younger people.