Morgan Stanley

58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and a super day

Interview Question – What are your suggestions on the Greek Debt Crisis   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – First interview consisted of a 30 min interview consisting of behavioral questions. Second took place at their headquarters. I had 2 more 30 minute interviews and a case study.

Interview Question – None all easy behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career service and the interview was on campus. The first part of the interview was group work and the second part are 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time when you thought you are right but actually you were wrong.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, mostly the questions were about my experience, skills, and some behavioral/personality questions too. I am waiting to hear back from them where I made it to the next step or not. Good luck to all of you.

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2012.

Interview Details – Attended Early Insights Program was then asked to come in for an interview for full time - consisted of 2 1:1s 30 min each and a group activity with the other candidates where we were all monitored for 1hr (might have been 1.5 hrs) nicest HR group ever - 1:1s were VPs from the office

Interview Question – Know what operations actually is - don't say you want to be in sales and trading   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 0 negotiation at the analyst level

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – This job is very basic - don't over panic; tell me about yourself, why work here, etc.

Interview Question – Some behavioral type question - tell me a time when....what did you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is fixed (No room for negotiation) as the job is very basic.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2008.

Interview Details – First interview on campus and was a one on one interview with basic "tell me about yourself" questions.

2nd interview was in New York and consisted of 2 one on one interviews which were more behavioral style (tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person on a project, how did you handle the situation" basically them looking for you to respond in STAR format.

The 3rd part of the 2nd interview was a group activity. This changes every year but its basically trying to see how you work in a team. The instructor reads off the instructions to the team and after that you are completely left on your own to work through the assignment. After the approximate 30 mins you have to work on the assignment you then have to present it to the 8-10 ppl that have been in the room watching you work through the problem the entire time. During the time you working on the assignment none of those individuals are able to answer any of your questions they are strictly there to observe you interact in a team. This is great way to see how well you work in a team and collaborate, however it's also a great way to step out and be a leader without being too assertive and aggressive .

Interview Question – To be honest didn't have any really difficult or unexpected questions they were all your standard behavioral question. The question that stood out the most was in the group activity each person was asked of everyone on the team who would you work with again and why. It really put everyone on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were accommodating to giving me time to decide. I took the offer and bonus and did not look to negotiate further.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of: 1:1 Phone Interview - broad - asked "What does an investment bank do?", relevant experience, basic stuff. Very easy going. Received an e-mail the same day asking to come in for the superday. Superday consisted of two 30 minute back-to-back interviewers with 'good cop'/'bad cop'. Then, getting into a group with 4 other interviewees and given a business problem - how to design a road map to relieve congestion in a crowded city. First they told us to separate into two groups, then halfway through told us we all had to merge together. Finally, present design to interviewees (who are all standing around the room watching us like lab rats), all must talk. Then, go around the room and say who was a leader and who you would want to work with.

Interview Question – Name a difficult situation you experienced
Give me a time you showed leadership
If you knew you wanted to go into Finance, why didn't you go to the business school (? this one threw me off..)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very focused around operations. They ask the basic questions like "tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, why you want to work here, what do you know about Morgan Stanley, etc?" Usually interview with an Associate, a Manager, and then the VP of whatever department you are interviewing for. Do your prep work on the job and company and you will be fine.

Interview Question – What does operations mean to you? If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating as I was interviewing for a temp position at the time. They said we will offer you $21 an hour, and I said I'll take it.

Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who submitted my resume to his team manager. A week later i was contacted by HR for some standard questions. The emailed me a couple days later saying they wanted me to come in for an interview. I had 4 1:1 interviews which each lasted about 30 mins. Pretty easy interview, went over my resume and then asked some simple questions: Why Morgan stanley? Why Finance? Describe a difficult situation? I had the interview on a friday and they contacted me on tuesday letting me know i got the position.

Interview Questions