Morgan Stanley

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

I was first introduced to the Morgan Stanley hiring process through an information session at Towson University in Towson, MD. After the information session was a networking opportunity to meet the current Morgan Stanley employees. I was unaware during the moment, but I later found out that the way to get to the first round of interviews was by receiving an invitation from one of the employees from the networking- not everyone received an invitation to the interviews. The first and second round of interviews was about 4 days apart and covered the generic interview questions. A few days after my second round of interviews I was invited to the Morgan Stanley office in Baltimore for a final interview. And two weeks after the third interview I received a job offer in the mail, and then that was followed up with a congratulatory email from the human resources department.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Applied on-line through my schools job board and got called in for an interview a couple days later. I interviewed for two positions a few days a part and both interviews had several rounds with each round being someone higher up the ladder in that division.

Interview Questions
    • The typical strengths and weaknesses questions but they wanted an example of when a weakness impacts the quality of my work and how I go about compensating for it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Basic on campus interview and super day. Super day consisted of two job shadows, two 30 minute interviews and a group project.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when difficulties arose in a group project and how you handled them.   Answer Question

1 phone interview and a super day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Very informal - meet with group directors for several positions. They will ask about background, education, etc.

None, they tell you a salary, they will not negotiate, simply move onto the next interested candidate. The pay is salary plus overtime any hours over 40, typical week minimum 50 hrs -55 hrs

Analyst Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

First interview were behavioral questions and the second interview too with managers. Question like "why morgan stanley?" "conflicts with a co worker? and how did I resolve the situation?" The process was pretty similar to any other financial service company. First interview is a piece of cake. Second interview was a bit more technical questions but nothing big. For operations, the interviews are pretty straight forward.

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview consisted of a 30 min interview consisting of behavioral questions. Second took place at their headquarters. I had 2 more 30 minute interviews and a case study.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied through my school's career service and the interview was on campus. The first part of the interview was group work and the second part are 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when you thought you are right but actually you were wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

I had a phone interview, mostly the questions were about my experience, skills, and some behavioral/personality questions too. I am waiting to hear back from them where I made it to the next step or not. Good luck to all of you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

This job is very basic - don't over panic; tell me about yourself, why work here, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral type question - tell me a time when....what did you do.   Answer Question
    The salary is fixed (No room for negotiation) as the job is very basic.