Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.9

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Basic on campus interview and super day. Super day consisted of two job shadows, two 30 minute interviews and a group project.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when difficulties arose in a group project and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Very informal - meet with group directors for several positions. They will ask about background, education, etc.

None, they tell you a salary, they will not negotiate, simply move onto the next interested candidate. The pay is salary plus overtime any hours over 40, typical week minimum 50 hrs -55 hrs

1 phone interview and a super day

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview consisted of a 30 min interview consisting of behavioral questions. Second took place at their headquarters. I had 2 more 30 minute interviews and a case study.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied through my school's career service and the interview was on campus. The first part of the interview was group work and the second part are 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when you thought you are right but actually you were wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

I had a phone interview, mostly the questions were about my experience, skills, and some behavioral/personality questions too. I am waiting to hear back from them where I made it to the next step or not. Good luck to all of you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2012.

Attended Early Insights Program was then asked to come in for an interview for full time - consisted of 2 1:1s 30 min each and a group activity with the other candidates where we were all monitored for 1hr (might have been 1.5 hrs) nicest HR group ever - 1:1s were VPs from the office

Interview Questions
    • Know what operations actually is - don't say you want to be in sales and trading   Answer Question
    0 negotiation at the analyst level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

This job is very basic - don't over panic; tell me about yourself, why work here, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral type question - tell me a time when....what did you do.   Answer Question
    The salary is fixed (No room for negotiation) as the job is very basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2008.

First interview on campus and was a one on one interview with basic "tell me about yourself" questions.

2nd interview was in New York and consisted of 2 one on one interviews which were more behavioral style (tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person on a project, how did you handle the situation" basically them looking for you to respond in STAR format.

The 3rd part of the 2nd interview was a group activity. This changes every year but its basically trying to see how you work in a team. The instructor reads off the instructions to the team and after that you are completely left on your own to work through the assignment. After the approximate 30 mins you have to work on the assignment you then have to present it to the 8-10 ppl that have been in the room watching you work through the problem the entire time. During the time you working on the assignment none of those individuals are able to answer any of your questions they are strictly there to observe you interact in a team. This is great way to see how well you work in a team and collaborate, however it's also a great way to step out and be a leader without being too assertive and aggressive .

Interview Questions
    • To be honest didn't have any really difficult or unexpected questions they were all your standard behavioral question. The question that stood out the most was in the group activity each person was asked of everyone on the team who would you work with again and why. It really put everyone on the spot.   Answer Question
    They were accommodating to giving me time to decide. I took the offer and bonus and did not look to negotiate further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2012.

Consisted of: 1:1 Phone Interview - broad - asked "What does an investment bank do?", relevant experience, basic stuff. Very easy going. Received an e-mail the same day asking to come in for the superday. Superday consisted of two 30 minute back-to-back interviewers with 'good cop'/'bad cop'. Then, getting into a group with 4 other interviewees and given a business problem - how to design a road map to relieve congestion in a crowded city. First they told us to separate into two groups, then halfway through told us we all had to merge together. Finally, present design to interviewees (who are all standing around the room watching us like lab rats), all must talk. Then, go around the room and say who was a leader and who you would want to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult situation you experienced
      Give me a time you showed leadership
      If you knew you wanted to go into Finance, why didn't you go to the business school (? this one threw me off..)
        Answer Question