Morgan Stanley Operations Associate Interview Questions

2.7

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First a phone interview from internal HR Recruiting. First interview was a panel of 3 people. They all came in one at a time. I was then called for a 2nd interview, 3 more people, one at a time. The questions were not behavioral, all they wanted was background information. Very comfortable setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I had a phone interview with HR. Then if you're selected, there's a 3 1:1 interview. Basic interview questions and behavioral questions. It was a neutral experience, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What was the most successful thing you did in the past 12 months? Also, there were brain teasers. Be prepared to work through them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I landed an interview through a referral within the company. After applying through a referral link I was contacted via email a couple days later asking me to come in for 3 1:1 interviews. I was actually pretty optimistic because they did not even ask me to do a preliminary phone interview. The office seemed to be staffed with a lot of young friendly professionals and had a positive atmosphere. The interview itself was very laid back and informal which was surprising considering how large and corporate MS is. I left feeling pretty good about it the whole thing however, after 3 weeks of follow up calls and emails I learned that that I was not awarded an offer. In hindsight though I am not surprised because there seems to be a large disconnect between HR, staff and the "hiring department'.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about operations?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in operations? What do you think operations does?   Answer Question
    • What duties in this job relate to your current duties?   Answer Question
    • What are your professional goals over the next 10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you... dealt with conflict?dealt with conflict in a team? worked under intense deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

I landed the interview by getting a credible reference within the company to send me a referral email via the MS hiring website. About 3 weeks later I got an email from HR saying they wanted to phone interview me. The phone interview was pretty cookie cutter. They asked all the basic, what are your qualifications and why do you want to work here questions...a lot of which are even posted on their website. I thought it went pretty well but I got an email about another 2-3 weeks later saying I wasn't selected.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I got the interview through a more senior connection I had with the company upon graduating from college. I met with about 7 different members of the operations team from analysts to the MD and the total interview process took about 3-4 hours. Some interviewers just stuck to the "fit" type questions and were very friendly while others went more in depth into my education and gave brain teasers and behavioral questions. In all the process was not overly stressful and I got a good impression of the people and work environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiation as it was an entry level position with an established compensation package.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2009.

Interview

Exploring an employment opportunity presented by a recruiter. Information phone interview to verify the job was as described.

Interview Questions

• You lack the specific educational background we require. Tell us how your education and work experience might provide us the ability to waive this requirement.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience with the software we are using.   Answer Question