Morgan Stanley

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Initially learned of the position through my campus career website and attended an information session on campus about 2 weeks before a career fair. Spoke with them again at the career fair and was asked to an on campus interview about a week later. First interview was about 30 minutes and was strictly behavioral. I was asked back for a second round of interviews on campus the next day. Two more 30 minute interviews with managers at the firm and a group activity. I received my offer the next day. The entire process was pretty easy and everyone was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Just behavioral. I came from a science background, so I was asked "why finance?"   Answer Question
Flat rate set based on a full time, entry level analysts salary. Was also offered a housing and travel stipend.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

I applied through my school Starr Search Program. Was emailed about 2 weeks later saying I had been chosen for the first round of interviews on my campus. The night before the interview, Morgan Stanley held a pre-night information session where there was a panel of Operations employees. They talked a little about Operations and you had the chance to ask questions then network. The first round of interviews were all behavioral. They asked what your greatest weakness/strength was, a time where you worked in a team and any problems that arose, and questions to that nature. I was contacted the next afternoon saying I had made the second round, which was Superday. Superday was today, and it consisted of a group project to see how you work in a team and then two more behavioral interviews. I was contacted about 5 hours later, extending me the offer to work as an Operations Summer Analyst and I accepted. Everyone was very friendly and made the whole experience stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. All behavioral so make sure you know your resume and are ready to talk about it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation because it is a summer internship.

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

I applied through my school's career center and was invited for an On Campus Interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Could you tell me about a time where you worked with people of different backgrounds and how you managed?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

First round on campus 30mn
    Second round off campus at MS site. 2 individual interviews and 1 group project

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Apply online. First round was telephone interview. The lady was really nice. I got quite relax and started chatting with her about her job etc. She asked me very basic competency questions. My suggestion is have someone to practise with you, make sure he/she can take notes and the key points are the ones you want to be remembered with. Second round was assessment centre which had two interviews and one group exercise. In the two interviews, each interviewer asked 4 competency questions and builded up from my answers. The group exercise was easy. Make sure you read the instructions clearly and watch out for the time. Morgan Stanley people were all so nice! Just relax and be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a complex concept with simple words.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you mad wrong decision and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation at entry level