Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.9

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2015.

Interview

Only had a phone interview which lasted roughly 30 mins. All behavioral and how you work in a group and what makes a group successful. Need to know a lot about with firm and why you want to work there. Overall was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Do you know the services of an I-Bank?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resumed through my college's career center. Was notified 3 weeks later that I was selected for an interview. The interview process was quick. First interview was on my campus with a HR rep. Once that interview was completed, waited 2 days and heard back that I made the final interviews. Final interviews were intimidating. First activity was a group one, you were divided up into two groups- about 4 members each. We were asked to come up with a highway system that would be the most cost efficient and convenient for entering and leaving a metropolitan city during 8am and 5pm rush hour. After the group interview, we had 2 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• A time when you were wrong? A time when you worked in a group and one member did not contribute? Why Morgan Stanley/Operations? Describe a time you were a successful leader? Explain a difficult conversation?   Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The first round was one 30 minute interview. The second round consisted of two 30 minute interviews and one hour long group interview with 5 other people. Everyone that I talked to was very helpful with answering my questions and very friendly. HR got back to me very quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was notified I was selected for a first round interview 3 days later. The first round interviews took place on-campus a week after the notification and consisted of one-on-one with an operations director. I was notified I made it to the final round the next morning and went to their office a day later. The Super Day consisted of two 1:1 interviews and a group exercise with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed Describe a time you worked on a team Describe a time you were wrong What makes you a good fit for a corporate job? Describe a difficult conversation you've had Group Exercise: City limits are a square, and the downtown area is another square in the the center of the city. Design a network of primary and secondary roadways to allow easy travel to the downtown area while keeping costs as low as possible. (20 minutes) -Who do you think was a leader? -Who would you like to work with again? -What did someone do well? -What would you change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially learned of the position through my campus career website and attended an information session on campus about 2 weeks before a career fair. Spoke with them again at the career fair and was asked to an on campus interview about a week later. First interview was about 30 minutes and was strictly behavioral. I was asked back for a second round of interviews on campus the next day. Two more 30 minute interviews with managers at the firm and a group activity. I received my offer the next day. The entire process was pretty easy and everyone was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Just behavioral. I came from a science background, so I was asked "why finance?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat rate set based on a full time, entry level analysts salary. Was also offered a housing and travel stipend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school Starr Search Program. Was emailed about 2 weeks later saying I had been chosen for the first round of interviews on my campus. The night before the interview, Morgan Stanley held a pre-night information session where there was a panel of Operations employees. They talked a little about Operations and you had the chance to ask questions then network. The first round of interviews were all behavioral. They asked what your greatest weakness/strength was, a time where you worked in a team and any problems that arose, and questions to that nature. I was contacted the next afternoon saying I had made the second round, which was Superday. Superday was today, and it consisted of a group project to see how you work in a team and then two more behavioral interviews. I was contacted about 5 hours later, extending me the offer to work as an Operations Summer Analyst and I accepted. Everyone was very friendly and made the whole experience stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. All behavioral so make sure you know your resume and are ready to talk about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because it is a summer internship.

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and was invited for an On Campus Interview.

Interview Questions

• "Could you tell me about a time where you worked with people of different backgrounds and how you managed?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First round on campus 30mn Second round off campus at MS site. 2 individual interviews and 1 group project

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Apply online. First round was telephone interview. The lady was really nice. I got quite relax and started chatting with her about her job etc. She asked me very basic competency questions. My suggestion is have someone to practise with you, make sure he/she can take notes and the key points are the ones you want to be remembered with. Second round was assessment centre which had two interviews and one group exercise. In the two interviews, each interviewer asked 4 competency questions and builded up from my answers. The group exercise was easy. Make sure you read the instructions clearly and watch out for the time. Morgan Stanley people were all so nice! Just relax and be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Explain a complex concept with simple words.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you mad wrong decision and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at entry level