Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Summer Operations Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career center and was invited for an On Campus Interview.

Interview Question – "Could you tell me about a time where you worked with people of different backgrounds and how you managed?"   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school Starr Search Program. Was emailed about 2 weeks later saying I had been chosen for the first round of interviews on my campus. The night before the interview, Morgan Stanley held a pre-night information session where there was a panel of Operations employees. They talked a little about Operations and you had the chance to ask questions then network. The first round of interviews were all behavioral. They asked what your greatest weakness/strength was, a time where you worked in a team and any problems that arose, and questions to that nature. I was contacted the next afternoon saying I had made the second round, which was Superday. Superday was today, and it consisted of a group project to see how you work in a team and then two more behavioral interviews. I was contacted about 5 hours later, extending me the offer to work as an Operations Summer Analyst and I accepted. Everyone was very friendly and made the whole experience stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. All behavioral so make sure you know your resume and are ready to talk about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because it is a summer internship.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Initially learned of the position through my campus career website and attended an information session on campus about 2 weeks before a career fair. Spoke with them again at the career fair and was asked to an on campus interview about a week later. First interview was about 30 minutes and was strictly behavioral. I was asked back for a second round of interviews on campus the next day. Two more 30 minute interviews with managers at the firm and a group activity. I received my offer the next day. The entire process was pretty easy and everyone was very nice and helpful.

Interview Question – Just behavioral. I came from a science background, so I was asked "why finance?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat rate set based on a full time, entry level analysts salary. Was also offered a housing and travel stipend.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

Interview Details – First round on campus 30mn
Second round off campus at MS site. 2 individual interviews and 1 group project

Interview Question – Which product group and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.