2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quantitative Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

Phone interview. Several Math questions. Takes thirty minutes. First asked about whether following the market, the price of current stocks, interest rate, currency exchange rate etc. The first round was just math, by a probably low level recruiter.
Six questions in thirty minutes. The interviewer recorded my answers. Finally, let you ask questions

Interview Questions
  • Say you have one bacterium now. In any minute, each living one has a quarter chance of dieing, a quarter of staying still, a quarter of splitting into 2, and a quarter of splitting into 3.
    What is the probability of this species dieing out finally.
      View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Quantitative Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

I applied through my University career center. Got invited for a phone interview. First they asked about a project on my resume. Dow, MS stock price and USD/EUR exchange rate. Then they went on to some very difficult brainteasers and an easy option pricing question. My advice for those who interview for this position is to focus on brain teasers in your preparation.

Interview Questions
    • Starting at 0.0.0 going to 3.3.3 and you can only move right, up or forward. How many paths are there to 3.3.3?   View Answer