Morgan Stanley Sales Analyst Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2010.

Behavioral, discussion about the market, and short quantitative section where I was asked to calculate equations in my head followed by a kind of brain-teasing exercise

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2008.

The people there were very geeky I beleive. They asked me many math questions and skills questions but not so much technical stuff. They also would ask some obscure questions they do not even know the answers when directed to themselves like what is the hardest thing youve ever done?

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2011.

1st round: phone interview with two associates of the fixed income desk for Italy. Pretty straightforward, simple questions about my background: lots of why you like finance, why sales and trading, why morgan stanley. Just be prepared to this kind of questions and you won't have problem. Each interview can last at most half an hour.

2nd round: interview with the head of sales and trading Italy. This was much trickier. My interviewer was always trying to crack my answers even though I never felt truly uncomfortable. Expect difficult question, whose answer is not unique or easy to spot. He asked me how the European Stability Mechanism works (it was breaking news at the time), and what kind of abilities were required in my opinion to be a successful salesperson. It didin't seem to hard until he asked me to provide real life examples as an evidence of me being in possession of those required skills. I had to come up with half-invented stories. My interview lasted 45 minutes, 15 more than expected. In general this means that you're not boring and that some interest arouse in your interviewer. But it wasn't my case!

Interview Questions
    • European Stability Mechanism working in detail: who issues what and how would government be bailed out practically. Comments on the capitalization of the Efsf (the ancestor of the proposed esm, it's a mess, I know) with respect to the actual needs.

Most useful skills to be successful in the job you are being interviewed for. Evidence from your experience that confirms that you do have those skills.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2011.

Got a fast-track to a superday following an insight week I took part in in the London offices. I was selected for this on the basis of resubmitting an updated CV and CL following the week. When attending my AC, I took part in three one-to-one interviews, and had to give an individual presentation and sit a numerical test. The interviews seemed to vary between myself and other candidates based on my undergraduate degree subject, and as such, my interviews were slightly more technical.

Interview Questions
    • Went through an economics problem, based on supply and demand, where I was given a number of different costs, and had to decide whether to produce or not, and find the market price and total costs to the firm in equilibrium.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2010.

8 rounds. Phone with the HR, three calls with VPs/EDs, on-site with four MDs.

No negotiation. Standard Package