Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Brokerage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in October 2011.

After I applied I received an email stating I needed to take a skills test which took approximately 30 minutes, it ranged from personality based questions to simple math and logic questions. After this test I was invited for a 1:1 interview. I spoke to the broker for about 45 minutes and found out I needed to be licensed (I had been but lost my license because I didnt work in the industry for 2 years) he told me that he would schedule me immediately and that I would get a salary of 35000 for 1 year then it would be commission/fee only.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you had to persuade someone to your point of view.   Answer Question

I was offered the position but declined because I found another position with a firm that paid a larger base and lower comissions.