Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

FAA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview Details – Initial step is to complete an online test. This is supposed to judge the likelihood that you will pass your series 7 (You only get 1 shot). Than you are brought in for an in person interview. If you pass, than you submit a business plan and and another interview. In total it is a 4 step interview process.

Interview Question – How are you going to get business?
Why do you want to work here?
What is your contact base like?
  Answer Question

FAA

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in February 2013.

Interview Details – Branch interview, complex interview, business plan, complex manager interview

Interview Question – What was the most recent book you read?   Answer Question

Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and had phone interview. I then completed online assessment. Met with Branch Manager and then another meeting with the regional director.
After recieving no offer I was informed that I was qualified and they wanted me but there was only 3 spots available. 1 was taken by a guy the branch manager recruited and the other two were filled by other branches. The candidates already had a book of business they were bringing to the table. I was told that in the next round I will be considered if I was still interested.

Everybody was very professional and nice. Good experience overall.

Interview Question – Pretty standard. Very relaxed.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in September 2011.

Interview Details – Long and Intense

Negotiation Details – There was none. I didn't negoiate. I would negotiate fro money in invest in the business building phase

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was extensive but respectful. No problem getting job if you're qualified.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a Financial Advisory?   View Answer

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!