Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Internship Interview

Finance Internship
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview, a one on one with a regular Financial Adviser and then an interview with a Senior Vice President. Overall, the interview questions can very from team to team, since Smith Barney is made up mainly of independent advisers there's no set interview process.

Work Culture is very professional, must wear a suit everyday. Most interaction is with own team members, so can't really speak to overall culture.

Interview Questions

• Take me through you Microsoft Office ability, specifically excel skills.   Answer Question
  • What is an accomplishment that you are particularly proud of?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was working during the school year, so I was able to make sure that my work schedule would come after my school schedule. They are very firm on the wages, so good luck trying to negotiate that one. I had another internship offer at the time, but I decided to get a reputable name on my resume.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!