Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in November 2009.

The interview process took roughly 3 months from my initial contact to start date. I had one brief phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. During both in-person sessions, I met with several persons including my direct manager and the group manager. The interview settings were relaxed and very informative. Although I met with several persons, most of the interviews were broken into 30 min one on one sessions. I was also able to interview with a current member on the team in the same role. That interview was very helpful.

Interview Questions
  • There were really no unexpected questions, however I was asked to perform a "typical task" during one of the interviews. I was able to complete the task, but it was just unexpected.   Answer Question
I was asked the amount I would expect. I got an offer about 3% higher.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in October 2011.

The interview process consisted of 3 individual interviews and 1 timed and observed group interview. There was an informal interview in the form of a networking session the day prior to the actual superday.

Interview Questions
    • Deep down inside, what are you looking to change? How will that help/hinder you at Morgan?   View Answer
    Weigh all of your options if there are any. Decide which is best. And always emphasize on location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in March 2011.

Initially, there was a phone conversation where I had to speak to the Vice President. He mostly asked me questions pertaining to school and the courses I was taking. After that, he asked several questions about my hobbies and interests. Finally, he asked me why I was applying to the position. After the initial phone interview, 2 weeks later I got called in for a second face to face interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in April 2010.

Went through a presentation and two interviews in one day on my university campus. The presentation provided background regarding the company. The first interview consisted of a panel discussion with other students and the company representative. I was selected for a second interview for later that day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!