Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process took roughly 3 months from my initial contact to start date. I had one brief phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. During both in-person sessions, I met with several persons including my direct manager and the group manager. The interview settings were relaxed and very informative. Although I met with several persons, most of the interviews were broken into 30 min one on one sessions. I was also able to interview with a current member on the team in the same role. That interview was very helpful.

Interview Question – There were really no unexpected questions, however I was asked to perform a "typical task" during one of the interviews. I was able to complete the task, but it was just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked the amount I would expect. I got an offer about 3% higher.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 3 individual interviews and 1 timed and observed group interview. There was an informal interview in the form of a networking session the day prior to the actual superday.

Interview Question – Deep down inside, what are you looking to change? How will that help/hinder you at Morgan?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Weigh all of your options if there are any. Decide which is best. And always emphasize on location.

Melville, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, there was a phone conversation where I had to speak to the Vice President. He mostly asked me questions pertaining to school and the courses I was taking. After that, he asked several questions about my hobbies and interests. Finally, he asked me why I was applying to the position. After the initial phone interview, 2 weeks later I got called in for a second face to face interview.

Interview Question – Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in April 2010.

Interview Details – Went through a presentation and two interviews in one day on my university campus. The presentation provided background regarding the company. The first interview consisted of a panel discussion with other students and the company representative. I was selected for a second interview for later that day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!