Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in May 2010.

Was just a simple phone interview, got hired on the phone and told me to show up. They only used interns for administrative type stuff so the expectations were fairly low.

Interview Questions
  • Where I expected to be in 5 years, it was pretty simple.   Answer Question
simple $6 an hour, I think some interns weren't even paid at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

I was first referred to a contact at the company and sent my resume/cover letter directly to him via email. A few days later, my contact's assistant called me to schedule an in-person interview. The interview took place primarily with one Financial Advisor, while another briefly stepped in to explain unique aspects of the role. The interview went well and the interviewer was very responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions
    I did research before I went in on what others in my role were being paid, on average. I was asked during the interview what I was looking for in terms of pay, and I gave a number. The interviewer agreed that the amount was about average and fair.

Intern Interview

Very conversational. 3 strengths and weaknesses. Usually like to hear that you are highly organized. Do a bit of recon on that specific group inside of Morgan Stanley

Interview Questions
    • Why Morgan Stanley versus JPM or any other bulge bracket firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in December 2012.

Applied on my university job board and got a call to come in for an interview, probably within a week. Met with a FA and two other of my lower supervisors, they asked basic questions about my resume and basically told me the job responsibilities. It was more them telling me stuff then interviewing them.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about your customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in May 2009.

I sent in a resume via email and spoke with the office manager over the phone a couple of times. I went in for the interview and spoke with two people for about 15 minutes each.

I got a call later that week saying that I was accepted pending a drug test and background check. I also needed a letter from my school saying that I was receiving course credit for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What current market trends do you think will have the biggest impact in the next five years. (Paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in September 2011.

The Interview was very easy. The interviewer asked basic behavioral questions and also went over my resume.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in April 2011.

Started with a brief phone interview and conversation, about 15 minutes total. Went in for what I thought was going to be the final interview but was not. I was told this was another "pre-screening" that was pretty much an entire interview w/ 2 people and lasting about an hour. Went on to interview AGAIN for a job that is essentially a receptionist job consisting of answering phones and data entry and pays about minimum wage. Was also told that after the "internship," if I wanted full time employment there, I would have to wait for an opening and apply for it like anyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in February 2009.

This interview was for a relatively small intern position at Smith Barney. At the time, they were undergoing massive change since they were merging with Morgan Stanley. The interview was quite easy the hardest part was making sure to come on time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself not stated on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in May 2009.

I got this internship completely through networking. With that being said all I had to do was send the resume to an FA. From there I would just talk to the FA on the phone about the position. Got the internship approved through my school and then accepted the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2008.

Two one on one interviews with each of the managers I would be directly reporting to. Very chill, very nice people. A week later called in to perform urine drug test and started immediately after.

Interview Questions
    No, I was thankful I would be getting paid at all.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!