Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview Details – No interview. Hired after 2 months following submission of application.

Interview Question – No interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview Details – One quick phone interview and one quick face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a story   Answer Question

Davis, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2012.

Interview Details – Submit an application. Everyone will get an interview. There will be 5 interviewees and only 1 interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell about a time where you have to solve a problem within a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career website. They called me a few days later, scheduled an interview. The interviewer asked about my past leadership and intensively explained the niche of their firm and nature of the internship. He was prepping me for a lot of cold calling and told me that its a "necessary evil" of the industry, and that it would be worth it to have their name on my resume for future employers.

Interview Question – What would be your biggest challenge with cold calling?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consists of many technical questions and questions of the outlook of the economy. Interview consists of 4 1:1 interviews. Interviewers asked about the pricing of bonds, stock market outlook and previous stock price of Morgan Stanley.
Interview was very laid back and interviewers were really nice and professional people. I did not get the internship as they decided to hire internally.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Internship interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney employees and interview candidates.