Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview

The interview went very smooth and easy. I think the best thing for me was I had a real connection with the team that interviewed me. No technical questions just interviewing to check for a cultural fit. Had a great experience during the interview and I would recommend the experience to anybody who is at all interested.

High School Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed for high school internship. Was pretty straight forward. Nothing too fancy. An overview of my resume and some basic math skills questionnaire. Arrived early with another candidate. Was complemented on my resume, which didn’t really please the other guy, so bonus points for me. Interview lasted all of 30 minutes.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview

Talked with SVP. All fit questions and nothing technical. The job itself was most secretary work but I was able to see what went on inside a wealth management office.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted within a week for a phone call, which was half and hr, and in a few days about coming in for an in-person interview. I asked about the interview process and he said there would be ONE interview with just him. He sounded rather young and inexperienced as an interviewer but hey, it's Morgan Stanley. I come in the next day, and it was him and another person, a woman who was pretty high up. I was kind of taken aback about having to repeat everything that we talked about on the phone with the first guy, and the two were both very unprofessional, could barely explain what the job was when I asked about the work-life balance (which is not a question about the aspects of the job, obviously they had no idea what work-life balance is, and when he would try to explain the job, he would look over at the coordinator like he wasn't even sure). Later I was contacted about a potential second interview. Very unorganized for company with such a reputation.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about doing a project (very general, in the randomest part of the conversation) How do you solve problems (also very general)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview

2-step process- phone interview,then a 1:1 interview with director. Phone interview was straight forward and then I went to the office for the in person interview. Basic questions nothing technical.

Negotiation

FAA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in July 2014.

Interview

The fifteen minute phone screen was scheduled almost immediately after I submitted to the IQ test. The test was pretty simple, straight forwards in nature. The interviewer was very nice and said she would push forward my application to a more in depth interview. The process was pretty reasonable, and I recommend it to most people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview

Interviewed with team of Advisors first. Separate interviews, not two on one. Was impressed by their story of how they ran their practice like a well-oiled machine. Wish it had been true. Then met Office Manager Senior VP for interview that covered all the basics. Then met regional manager briefly for a glossy overview of why it was the best place to work, according to him.

Interview Questions

• Really didn't find anything too difficult or unexpected during the process.   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interview

First of all, Excel test regarding corporate finance. How to calculate return of investment, annual payments, and duration. Second, on-site interview. Basically, go through your resume and ask questions involving your relevant work experience.

Financial Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (Davis, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had the interview through the phone, they asked about stocks and a few test questions relating to economics.This was the one and only interview I had before I got an offer for my intern position. They also asked me to pitch a stock to them.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (Washington, DC).

Interview

10 min in person interview. Very informal (at the time).

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult asked. It was more of a brief "shoot the breeze" type of talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $30k, I countered with $33k and they accepted.