Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
215 interviews

2.8

Asset Management Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

First of all, Excel test regarding corporate finance. How to calculate return of investment, annual payments, and duration. Second, on-site interview. Basically, go through your resume and ask questions involving your relevant work experience.

Summer Intern Interview

Brief introduction of yourself.
    The intern focused on marketing

Financial Advisor Interview

Multi-step process. You submit your resume/cover letter, then are invited to take their assessment online, which likely will take you over an hour to complete. If you do well enough, you undergo a first interview. Later, you're invited back for a second interview with management, and are asked to provide a business plan for them to review. If you satisfy all of these steps, you will be offered the position to begin training.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a more nontraditional background into this interview, I was asked why I wanted to take this career path. Also, I was asked about my potential plan to attract business.   Answer Question

VP- Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Interviewed with team of Advisors first. Separate interviews, not two on one. Was impressed by their story of how they ran their practice like a well-oiled machine. Wish it had been true. Then met Office Manager Senior VP for interview that covered all the basics. Then met regional manager briefly for a glossy overview of why it was the best place to work, according to him.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't find anything too difficult or unexpected during the process.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

No interview. Hired after 2 months following submission of application.

No negotiation

Internship Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

One quick phone interview and one quick face to face interview.

Intern Interview

Very conversational. 3 strengths and weaknesses. Usually like to hear that you are highly organized. Do a bit of recon on that specific group inside of Morgan Stanley

Interview Questions
    • Why Morgan Stanley versus JPM or any other bulge bracket firm?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in April 2010.

Only talked to three people: the hiring manager, the team lead, and an outside expert. I just informally talked with the manager on a walk in the city, it was mostly for him to present the project and assess my personality. The team lead asked me about my experience and we chatted about my prior work experience. Not a single tech question. The outside expert had some tougher questions, most (but not all) I could answer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They matched my previous salary, hinting but not promising more.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Asked questions of specific examples where I was able to utilize good customer service skills. Made sure I had good computer skills and good communication skills.

Client Service Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

I have had one interview in the office and one on the phone. I am most impressed by the friendly nature and of the employees and the professional atmosphere in the office. I have been treated in a highly respectful manner. The office interview was with two members of the team in need and the phone interview was with the director of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Really there was nothing out of the ordinary in terms of questions... if prepared one would not be thrown off by any of the questions!   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!