Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in January 2013.

Called for interview and met with two people working within the department. The conversation was kept very casual.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in May 2009.

Basic interviews plus a skills (math) test

Client Service Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Phone interview with Complex Service Manager, then interview with multiple financial advisors at the branches to find the best fit - mostly based on personalities meshing well. Final interview is with the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions such as why did you leave your former employeer, why do you want to work here, why did you pick your major...etc.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation, have to take what they give you.

FAA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Canton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in March 2013.

Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and had phone interview. I then completed online assessment. Met with Branch Manager and then another meeting with the regional director.
    After recieving no offer I was informed that I was qualified and they wanted me but there was only 3 spots available. 1 was taken by a guy the branch manager recruited and the other two were filled by other branches. The candidates already had a book of business they were bringing to the table. I was told that in the next round I will be considered if I was still interested.

Everybody was very professional and nice. Good experience overall.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2012.

Submit an application. Everyone will get an interview. There will be 5 interviewees and only 1 interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you have to solve a problem within a team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

11 interviews of 30 mins each. Intense and focused. No time to relax and 'sell' oneself. At the same time the interviewer didnt get an opportunity to ask tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions; in a 30 minute interview limited opportunity for such items.   Answer Question
    No negotiation opportunity, more of a take it or leave it.

Client Service Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

I have had one interview in the office and one on the phone. I am most impressed by the friendly nature and of the employees and the professional atmosphere in the office. I have been treated in a highly respectful manner. The office interview was with two members of the team in need and the phone interview was with the director of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Really there was nothing out of the ordinary in terms of questions... if prepared one would not be thrown off by any of the questions!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in December 2012.

Applied on my university job board and got a call to come in for an interview, probably within a week. Met with a FA and two other of my lower supervisors, they asked basic questions about my resume and basically told me the job responsibilities. It was more them telling me stuff then interviewing them.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about your customer service experience.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in February 2010.

prepare business plan, including your own set of goals, expectation of success, very detailed book of business with solid realistic ideas that can be carried on in a reasonable time. Describe your targeted market and how you plan to access it.

Interview Questions
    salary and hours of work.

Registered Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

In office interview with Advisor, then one sit down interview with Manager, phone call with advisor and got hired. Really easy.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you were a leader.   View Answer
    No negotiations.