Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

2.8

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in October 2011.

The interview process consisted of 3 individual interviews and 1 timed and observed group interview. There was an informal interview in the form of a networking session the day prior to the actual superday.

Interview Questions
    • Deep down inside, what are you looking to change? How will that help/hinder you at Morgan?   View Answer
    Weigh all of your options if there are any. Decide which is best. And always emphasize on location.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in September 2011.

Interview was held with a panel (3 people) and in addition to myself, my competitor for the position as well. We were interviewed together being asked the same questions ranging from personal to info about the company. Did not get the offer due to several reasons (completely my fault) however they were extremely respectful, and it was a good unique experience.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2011.

It was just one interview with 2 managers at the same time and it lasted for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

PWM Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2011.

met with VP and Analyst.
    Tell me about yourself...

Mssb Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in May 2011.

Two interviews with the employer. Very simple questions relating to my work availability and what my Excel skills were. Interview is a breeze if you have personality and know how to shmooze.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how detail oriented do you find yourself? Why?   Answer Question

PRIVATE WEALTH INTERN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in April 2011.

Got the job through a family friend, so the process was probably a lot shorter than usual. Received a phone call from an office manager that I could have a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I was offered a summer internship.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in March 2011.

Initially, there was a phone conversation where I had to speak to the Vice President. He mostly asked me questions pertaining to school and the courses I was taking. After that, he asked several questions about my hobbies and interests. Finally, he asked me why I was applying to the position. After the initial phone interview, 2 weeks later I got called in for a second face to face interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in February 2011.

applied through my school's career services center and got their email in two days.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in January 2011.

4 interviews at 30 mins each. Sorta a waste of time only to be outshined by an ivey leaguer - questions were mostly personality based with very little technical knowledge questioned or sales skills needed - simply pitching yourself

Have read a recent book that you can talk about, know some basic economics and youre good

Private Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in November 2010.

I saw the job posting on school's career website. To prepare for the interview, I read over their website and searched online about the company and the job position and used Vault as a guide. Its an one on one interview. The office is very nice and pretty. There is no team work. People work by themselves, pretty much like a sales person.