Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in May 2012.

Interview Details – sent my resume to regional manager and received a phone interview for summer internship. It is 45 minutes long and include questions how to obtain implied volatility using Black-Scholes Model and greeks.

Interview Question – What's Gamma? And interprete its importance in volatility measurement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very informative as to what they expect and want to hear from MSSB's candidates. Held pre interview sessions that really helped alot. During the interview, the person wanted to get to know us and understand what it is that led us to Finance. Did not get to move on to the superday, but definitely learned from the entire process. Helped me in the long run to understand what employers really expect and want to see in you. Apply to as many places as you can, and attend as many interviews as given. Even if you do not think that you will get the job, the experience is indeed very valuable.

Interview Question – Name a time where you experienced or discovered innovation   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney employees and interview candidates.