Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

www.morganstanleysmithbarney.com

Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Vice President Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Technology Interview

Vice President Technology
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in July 2012.

Interview Details – 7 Panel interview - including Executive Directors and VPs to confirm experience an day to day operation of technical project management.

Interview Question – Can you define requirements and track defects using industry standard tools and if so which tools.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fair and expected - within 15 days of the interview process.

Vice President Technology Interview

Vice President Technology
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process at MS was pretty straight forward. After having been submitted by an external recruiter, I was interviewed in person (no phone screen) by the hiring manager in his office. The interview went well and I believe the questions were more his own, i.e. it didn't feel like he followed a company assigned script. After the first interview, I was invited to speak to 2 peers of his during the same visit. Those interviews were very high-level and friendly. Finally I was interviewed by the hiring manager's boss a few days later. That interview was a little tougher and it felt like he was trying to stress test me a bit, but overall it was fine. The offer came in about a week after the final interview.

Interview Question – Do you like to have fun?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager set my expectation as to the salary range right away so there hadn't been much negotiation.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!