Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Vice President Technology Interview Questions

3.5

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

7 Panel interview - including Executive Directors and VPs to confirm experience an day to day operation of technical project management.

Interview Questions

• Can you define requirements and track defects using industry standard tools and if so which tools.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fair and expected - within 15 days of the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process at MS was pretty straight forward. After having been submitted by an external recruiter, I was interviewed in person (no phone screen) by the hiring manager in his office. The interview went well and I believe the questions were more his own, i.e. it didn't feel like he followed a company assigned script. After the first interview, I was invited to speak to 2 peers of his during the same visit. Those interviews were very high-level and friendly. Finally I was interviewed by the hiring manager's boss a few days later. That interview was a little tougher and it felt like he was trying to stress test me a bit, but overall it was fine. The offer came in about a week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hiring manager set my expectation as to the salary range right away so there hadn't been much negotiation.