Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in July 2012.

7 Panel interview - including Executive Directors and VPs to confirm experience an day to day operation of technical project management.

Interview Questions
  • Can you define requirements and track defects using industry standard tools and if so which tools.   Answer Question
It was fair and expected - within 15 days of the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2010.

The interview process at MS was pretty straight forward. After having been submitted by an external recruiter, I was interviewed in person (no phone screen) by the hiring manager in his office. The interview went well and I believe the questions were more his own, i.e. it didn't feel like he followed a company assigned script. After the first interview, I was invited to speak to 2 peers of his during the same visit. Those interviews were very high-level and friendly. Finally I was interviewed by the hiring manager's boss a few days later. That interview was a little tougher and it felt like he was trying to stress test me a bit, but overall it was fine. The offer came in about a week after the final interview.

Interview Questions
    The hiring manager set my expectation as to the salary range right away so there hadn't been much negotiation.