Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Very straight forward hiring process. First, a phone interview that outlines the internship and they asks you about your experiences. After a couple of weeks, they schedule a face to face interview. General personality questions and indepth look into your previous experiences.

None

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in February 2012.

Just asked me short questions on the phone and was invited to come in the office the following week.

Interview was easy and fast but the hiring process was long. They took almost 3 months to do a background check- during this process they also attempted to withdraw my offer. Had to talk to branch manager and HR department to regain my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about my personality, my previous work experience and my future plans.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Just minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in January 2009.

I heard about this opening from a former employee who submitted my resume to the broker that I worked for. After the initial resume drop, I was invited to a first round interview via phone with my broker's registered client service associate (CSA). This phone interview lasted for about 45 minutes and consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Next, I was invited for a second round in-office interview with the broker and her CSA. This interview lasted for about two hours and consisted of more behavioral questions, in addition to situational and brainteaser questions.

Interview Questions
    • You've worked all day, and now it's 7pm at night. You are in the process of putting together a performance appraisal and report for one of our biggest clients and noticed that you have made a huge mistake. This mistake will take about 20 minutes to fix, and you have a very important meeting that you have to attend at 7:30pm; it will take you close to a half an hour to get to this meeting. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in June 2008.

The interview consisted of a rotational interview at the office with 4 people ranging from financial advisors up to the director. Each one lasted only 15 minutes, for a total of 1 hour. They were all relatively warm and inviting so everything was more of a conversation rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!