Morgan Stanley

3.2

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

I applied as a Java developer. The process took 2 weeks. After 2 initial phone interviews ,one technical and one for testing my english skills, I was interviewed in the Budapest office of the company. First,we had a group exercise, after which i had the technical interview, i was asked about hashtable, hashmap, multi threading, strings ,mostly thread safety questions. after which i had an interpersonal interview with the HR and i was asked questions about time management and team skills.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Through college career site. 3 interviews. Standard Programming questions. String reversal. Binary Search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

I applied online and was selected for a telephonic interview. The telephonic interview lasted approximately an hour.

The questions were mainly from Java/ SQL.

Typical question were like,

OO Design principles (SOLID), Java Concurrency (Volatile), Java GC (References: Soft, Weak), Event driven and asynchronous programming

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I went through my school's campus recruiting. Had an on campus interview that was mostly fit and some easy algorithm questions. Then got invited back for on site interviews. Had a big group interview that tested ability to work as a group. Then had 4 one on one interviews. Didn't receive and offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

First they came to my school (Columbia uni) to conduct 1 on 1 interviews for the selected students. It was a 30 minutes interview. He started by asking the usual behavioral questions and tried to know my specific programming background. Then went down to the specifics by asking some tech questions. after that was the on-site interview which was much more tech. Amongst the problems I solved was:

He asked me to implement a function that checked if a number equals its reverse (eg 253 != 352). If it isn't, my function adds the number to itself and checks again. And then he asked me to read a file that has ice-cream flavors on each line, and then return the top 10 appearing flavors

Interview Questions
    • How would you write an algorithm to find the solution to a maze   View Answer
    • Implement a dictionary that returned a word search in O(1) time   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2009.

They have a rigorous interview process. After a 45minute long IQ test with a manager. I got on a phone conference with about 3 PMs in the UK where they asked me technical questions about my skills. The initial phone interview was very technical as well.

Interview Questions
    • An IQ test to calculate distance and time.   View Answer
    There was no solid negotiation. They knew how much they wanted to pay and they weren't willing to negotiate. They had an either take it or leave it attitude.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied through a careers fair back in October/November. They had recruiters there on the day and said they would do interviews there and then so I thought why not. Questions were fairly basic company questions and some technical ones. Nothing extremely hard but the interviewer was very grumpy and bland.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The entire process took about 4 interviews. First, with the director of the area, then with software developers from NY, then with HR vice president and finally I the offered me the position. I

Interview Questions
    • How to detect where a variable is allocated (HEAP or STACK).   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

Online test followed by telephonic rounds of interviews. The person who was taking the interview didn't had any knowledge of the technology and told me to hold up the phone for 10 mins in between. Then he started asking oneliner questions, looked like he was reading questions from somewhere. I got mail in 10 mins after the interview that you didn't clear the interview. I hope next time when they tell someone to take the interview, the person is atleast competent to do so and please don't waste someones valuable time.

Interview Questions
    • How many threads garbage collector uses?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

phone interviewer and f2f , three interviewers one by one. Java GC mechanism , implement a Array List and hashmap. write a Singleton Class. Database performance tuning.. Some of design questions.