Morgan Stanley Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Initial interview on campus. Asked about my resume, accomplishments, what I want to achieve, general questions.
Second interview was in the city. Upon arrival, I was told I was interviewing for several positions rather than one with very little information about what they entailed exactly.

I had went with my friend, whom had applied exactly the same way as me. He was "placed" into the "Business Analyst" program and I was placed into the "Software Engineer Tech" program somehow.

Initially it began as a large group project where we had to design, plan, and advertise an event.
After presenting this, the next part of interviews involved face-to-face 45 minute technical interviews. It was like programming speed-dating, and I didn't expect anything like it. I talked to about 5 different people with dramatically different and rather deep technical questions about various programming designs, paradigms, and specifics. Some of which I've never heard of and doubt I will until my senior semester. It felt very rushed too, with only a few minutes to answer each question. Some interviewers wanted me to write the code in any language of my preference too.

One troubling part of these interviews was multiple times I was asked, or presumed, I knew MySQL in depth by different interview people. It never said that on my resume, the intern requirements, or anything of that nature.

As for my friend, he said he had very laid-back and non-technical questions. Said it was one of the easiest interviews he's done. Despite the fact we both went in with similar skills, goals, and for the same position, it felt very wrong.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about creating a multi-threaded application? In C++, what are some libraries you would use?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2013.

Very short, technical interview with an engineer.
    Only one question.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked by a software engineer how to reverse a string using as little memory as possible.   View Answer

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!