Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
100 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly. He asked about my education background, past working experience and opinion about the market. He also asked the stocks I would recommend and we talked in detail about the stocks I mentioned. The interview also shared his experience about looking for a job after graduation and how it is working for Morgan Stanley.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Towson, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Interview Details – Presentation talking with current employees a week before. Then a mandatory meeting for a group of individuals who made the first cut followed by the 1 on 1 interview with Morgan Stanley.

Interview Question – The questions were just the basic behavioral. Asked to describe the program in your own words.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2010.

Interview Details – Application included a letter of recommendation, an essay, and college transcripts. Interviews occurred during one flyout. I had 3 interviews in one day with short breaks. They asked me questions like where do I see myself in 10 years? Why do I want to work for Morgan Stanley? One interviewer asked me to solve a short math problem. I solved it with a pen and paper that I already had out. Another interviewer asked me to approximate how many blue cars there are in America.

Interview Question – How many blue cars are there in America.?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 on campus interviews and one group scenario

Interview Question – The group scenario was unlike anything I had done at the time. Keep cool and stay on point   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university, was selected for an on-campus 30 minutes interview. I was invited to Superday (final rounds) the next day, had two 30 minutes interviews and a group activity while they monitored. The interviews were all behavioral just make sure you ask questions at the end.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral nothing unexpected. Know why you want to work in that division and why Morgan Stanley and be ready to ask question because the interview is a two way streak.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No i didn't, accepted what they offered which was reasonable.

New York, NY

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a 30 minute interview on campus with two recruiters. They were very friendly and asked mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited to attend the Superday and this consisted of several, back to back, 30 minute interviews. Again, a lot of behavioral questions and some questions regarding market conditions. Just be prepared on the company and especially the position. Also, read up on current markets and know whats going on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific article, preferably one that's not popular in the news, that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Pre night at school, one 30 minute interview on campus. Got a call back for final round interviews. All behavioral questions -- be yourself and be smart. Group project while upper level management observed; they want to know your thought process so make sure you're vocal.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great program; HR gives you enough time to decide. Awesome place to intern/work.

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Submitted resume online earlier this year. Was called on my cell phone for a first round interview, which was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, just what you would expect from an interview at MS. Then, participated in a Super Day with multiple interviews back to back. Heard the next week.

Interview Question – Some tougher quantitative questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – Submitted my application through my college career website. Was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. They were running behind schedule so it only lasted about 15 minutes. Said I would be contacted in a few days to let me know if i was chosen for a second round interview. Got a call 2 weeks later saying no.

Interview Question – No technical questions, mainly just asked about my resume. Focused on the small things on the bottom of the resume which was strange.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied to through the career center at school for on campus recruiting. The whole process took approximately 2 weeks. It was just a single associate interviewing. basic run me through your resumes, pretty standard technical questions, and just one super hard technical accounting question that nobody supposedly got.

Interview Question – Pitch me a stock   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 100 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.