Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

First written test, then onsite with 3 analysts from Morgan Stanley. Very nice people and place to work. Basic stochastic questions, probabilities, and some brain teasers.
toss a fair coin until you get two heads in a row and find the
probability of tossing 5 times. (My answer is 3/32 which did not appear in
the available four numbers, getting a little frustrated)

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through campus career service, got interviewed on campus, later realized has not selected to the superfay. The interviewers was nice and open, the questions were predictable, as is the case with other investment banking interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied to the Operations summer analyst program as a rising junior, even though rising seniors are preferred. Had an initial phone interview which was straightforward questions about interest in operations, team work I had done, general fit, etc etc. Got called for a superday interview in New York, which included 2 interviews with similar questions to the phone interview and a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary, just know about operations and general Morgan Stanley structure.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interviewer was very friendly. He asked about my education background, past working experience and opinion about the market. He also asked the stocks I would recommend and we talked in detail about the stocks I mentioned. The interview also shared his experience about looking for a job after graduation and how it is working for Morgan Stanley.

Anonymous Employee  in  Towson, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Presentation talking with current employees a week before. Then a mandatory meeting for a group of individuals who made the first cut followed by the 1 on 1 interview with Morgan Stanley.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were just the basic behavioral. Asked to describe the program in your own words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2010.

Application included a letter of recommendation, an essay, and college transcripts. Interviews occurred during one flyout. I had 3 interviews in one day with short breaks. They asked me questions like where do I see myself in 10 years? Why do I want to work for Morgan Stanley? One interviewer asked me to solve a short math problem. I solved it with a pen and paper that I already had out. Another interviewer asked me to approximate how many blue cars there are in America.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

3 on campus interviews and one group scenario

Interview Questions
    • The group scenario was unlike anything I had done at the time. Keep cool and stay on point   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

I applied through my university, was selected for an on-campus 30 minutes interview. I was invited to Superday (final rounds) the next day, had two 30 minutes interviews and a group activity while they monitored. The interviews were all behavioral just make sure you ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral nothing unexpected. Know why you want to work in that division and why Morgan Stanley and be ready to ask question because the interview is a two way streak.   Answer Question
    No i didn't, accepted what they offered which was reasonable.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Started with a 30 minute interview on campus with two recruiters. They were very friendly and asked mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited to attend the Superday and this consisted of several, back to back, 30 minute interviews. Again, a lot of behavioral questions and some questions regarding market conditions. Just be prepared on the company and especially the position. Also, read up on current markets and know whats going on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific article, preferably one that's not popular in the news, that you recently read in the Wall Street Journal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Pre night at school, one 30 minute interview on campus. Got a call back for final round interviews. All behavioral questions -- be yourself and be smart. Group project while upper level management observed; they want to know your thought process so make sure you're vocal.

Interview Questions
    Great program; HR gives you enough time to decide. Awesome place to intern/work.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!