Morgan Stanley

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.2

124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied on their own website. Got a first round interview after about 3 weeks. First round consists of 2 phone calls. The format was pretty standard, although they were straight for the chase in terms of technical questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

I applied online around mid November and received a phone interview yesterday regarding a summer analyst position in their Investment Banking Division. The phone interview was more a casual conversation in the beginning and then it carried towards a more logistical conversation about working downtown in Chicago. It wasn't too heavy on the technical questions and all they really asked me was about how to value a company. I feel like the in person interview would be more technical.

Summer Analyst Interview

Phone interview basic behavior question. Why MS, what MS do, and introduce yourself. The HR is very kind and try to motivate me to tell as more as possible. So there is no pressure during the interview, but I am so sad that cannot get the offer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied for the HK office. The process took around 2 months. phone interview+ skype+final round. Final round contains a case study. First round two analysts in Singapore office, second round one associate from HK office. Final round in NYC, met with around 4-5 professionals (VP and above)

Summer Analyst Interview

First level interview in campus. The interviewer was very friendly and gave puzzle to solve. Then selected for Super day at Morgan Stanley office. First they gave team activity. Then 2 levels of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

first apply online, pass the online test (only numerical), then wait for 2-3 weeks for 2 rounds of phone interview (two interviewers each time), then you will be noticed in 2 weeks for Assessment centre. Analyst and summer analyst will be interviewed together.

Interview Questions
    • what sectors do you like? whats happening in the sector?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First there is a Resume drop through target schools career centers; then employees come to campus and conduct first-round on campus interviews; those selected by the school capitains will be invited for a Super-Day at the office; once that offer is secured you work with human resources and your school capitain towards a final desk placement

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this job instead of tech, startup   Answer Question
    not applicable

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Screening round -> a few technical rounds of interviews -> superday. Was a process similar to what you would see at any other large I-Bank.

Technical questions were mostly derivatives stuff such as B&S model inputs, pricing etc.

Interview Questions
    • what would you price higher: a call option on S&P or 500 call options on each of the companies?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through campus career service, got interviewed on campus, later realized has not selected to the superfay. The interviewers was nice and open, the questions were predictable, as is the case with other investment banking interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

First written test, then onsite with 3 analysts from Morgan Stanley. Very nice people and place to work. Basic stochastic questions, probabilities, and some brain teasers.
    toss a fair coin until you get two heads in a row and find the
    probability of tossing 5 times. (My answer is 3/32 which did not appear in
    the available four numbers, getting a little frustrated)