Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and one onsite interview.
The phone interview was technical and based on the projects I had mentioned on my resume.
The onsite interview consisted of 3 events. First there was a one hour panel, where we spoke with Morgan Stanley (MS) employees who were previously interns. We asked them questions regarding their experience and work at MS.
The next event was a group activity where we were divided into teams of 3/4 people and given a task to perform (build a bridge). There were 3 judges who were questioning each team about their decisions, etc.
Final event was one-on-one interviews. 4 interviews, 30 mins each, very technical.

Interview Questions
  • Can you create an abstract class without having any abstract function inside it?   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question
  • What are the 2 differences in a constructor and a destructor?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

apply online, first round interview was on the phone. about a month later the superday was held in the new york office. the interview consisted of three two on one interviews most of the interviews were heavily fit and market based questions. not many technical questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview was at their headquarter. Two rounds of interviews, very nice people, very organized, had a pre night networking event, they send a decision very quickly. There were no technical questions, only behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Regular behavioral questions: leadership skills, team work, tell me about yourself, what did you do at your previous job   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Invited to an on-campus interview. Two 30-minute back-to-back interviews, each with two employees at the division I applied for. Questions were largely unexpected and varied. Seem to have a list of brainteaser-like questions (not necessarily technical but related to finance) that require fast and improvised response.

Interview Questions
    • must be familiar with key facts (numbers, names, etc.) about the company   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

you have to take an exam for quant position before the interview process
    involving math, finance, stochastic and programming knowledge.
    60 min 60 questions.
    cannot finish it and did not do well
    did not get the interview opportunity

Interview Questions
    • involving math, finance, stochastic and programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2015.

They were very quick in responding and maintained communication really well. I was stunned to see that the entire process right from phone interview to offer took only 2 weeks. It was one phone interview and then a superday where there is a panel presentation, group activity and then 4 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They pretty much asked me everything, right from data structures to algos to networks to sql and also some behavioral and analytical questions. OOPs concepts, trees, joins, java were some of them.   Answer Question

Phone interview - paper test - Group interview - Manager interview
    Group interview was a task. You have a discussion on some topic and each person gets to present for 30 seconds at the end. It was pretty intense.
    Manager interview asks a lot of questions that had been asked in the phone interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First, I submitted my resume and cover letter to the campus recruiter. About 2 weeks later, I received an e-mail that I was invited to the first round interview. The first interview was a college on-site interview, and I talked to the VP for 30 minutes, mostly regarding by background and interest in the firm.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied to Morgan Stanley Asia on their website. Heard back about an interview a couple weeks later. The process was two phone interviews with different analysts. They were friendly, and asked me to walk them through my resume, why I wanted to to investment banking/what I knew about it, and then mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • List some multiples investment banks use, and why you would use one over another.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round, on-campus interview for SA Investment Banking position in Houston. I applied on my school career website and also on Morgan Stanley's online application. There was no phone interview before the on campus interview. A few days later they had their superday.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a difficult interview. More behavioral than technical and the one technical question was the basic $10 depreciation through 3 financial statements   Answer Question