Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

30-minute phone interview. Asked typical questions like, "Why Morgan Stanley?" "Why Investment Banking" and "Walk me through your resume". Interviewer was monotone and emotionless, so it was hard to pick up on his vibe to see if I was doing well or not. Also created awkward pauses to see how i'd respond to them. Very much behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and one onsite interview. The phone interview was technical and based on the projects I had mentioned on my resume. The onsite interview consisted of 3 events. First there was a one hour panel, where we spoke with Morgan Stanley (MS) employees who were previously interns. We asked them questions regarding their experience and work at MS. The next event was a group activity where we were divided into teams of 3/4 people and given a task to perform (build a bridge). There were 3 judges who were questioning each team about their decisions, etc. Final event was one-on-one interviews. 4 interviews, 30 mins each, very technical.

Interview Questions

• Can you create an abstract class without having any abstract function inside it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question
    • What are the 2 differences in a constructor and a destructor?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

apply online, first round interview was on the phone. about a month later the superday was held in the new york office. the interview consisted of three two on one interviews most of the interviews were heavily fit and market based questions. not many technical questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was at their headquarter. Two rounds of interviews, very nice people, very organized, had a pre night networking event, they send a decision very quickly. There were no technical questions, only behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Regular behavioral questions: leadership skills, team work, tell me about yourself, what did you do at your previous job   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Invited to an on-campus interview. Two 30-minute back-to-back interviews, each with two employees at the division I applied for. Questions were largely unexpected and varied. Seem to have a list of brainteaser-like questions (not necessarily technical but related to finance) that require fast and improvised response.

Interview Questions

• must be familiar with key facts (numbers, names, etc.) about the company   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

you have to take an exam for quant position before the interview process involving math, finance, stochastic and programming knowledge. 60 min 60 questions. cannot finish it and did not do well did not get the interview opportunity

Interview Questions

• involving math, finance, stochastic and programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They were very quick in responding and maintained communication really well. I was stunned to see that the entire process right from phone interview to offer took only 2 weeks. It was one phone interview and then a superday where there is a panel presentation, group activity and then 4 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much asked me everything, right from data structures to algos to networks to sql and also some behavioral and analytical questions. OOPs concepts, trees, joins, java were some of them.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Phone interview - paper test - Group interview - Manager interview Group interview was a task. You have a discussion on some topic and each person gets to present for 30 seconds at the end. It was pretty intense. Manager interview asks a lot of questions that had been asked in the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic fit questions & a few math brain teasers. First round interview on campus & then super day at headquarters with about 10 other people. 6 interviews rotate, each given 20 minutes to interview you.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume and cover letter to the campus recruiter. About 2 weeks later, I received an e-mail that I was invited to the first round interview. The first interview was a college on-site interview, and I talked to the VP for 30 minutes, mostly regarding by background and interest in the firm.