Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.2

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Screening round -> a few technical rounds of interviews -> superday. Was a process similar to what you would see at any other large I-Bank.

Technical questions were mostly derivatives stuff such as B&S model inputs, pricing etc.

Interview Questions
  • what would you price higher: a call option on S&P or 500 call options on each of the companies?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume through campus career service, got interviewed on campus, later realized has not selected to the superfay. The interviewers was nice and open, the questions were predictable, as is the case with other investment banking interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2014.

First written test, then onsite with 3 analysts from Morgan Stanley. Very nice people and place to work. Basic stochastic questions, probabilities, and some brain teasers.
    toss a fair coin until you get two heads in a row and find the
    probability of tossing 5 times. (My answer is 3/32 which did not appear in
    the available four numbers, getting a little frustrated)

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied to the Operations summer analyst program as a rising junior, even though rising seniors are preferred. Had an initial phone interview which was straightforward questions about interest in operations, team work I had done, general fit, etc etc. Got called for a superday interview in New York, which included 2 interviews with similar questions to the phone interview and a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary, just know about operations and general Morgan Stanley structure.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

The interviewer was very friendly. He asked about my education background, past working experience and opinion about the market. He also asked the stocks I would recommend and we talked in detail about the stocks I mentioned. The interview also shared his experience about looking for a job after graduation and how it is working for Morgan Stanley.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2014.

Presentation talking with current employees a week before. Then a mandatory meeting for a group of individuals who made the first cut followed by the 1 on 1 interview with Morgan Stanley.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were just the basic behavioral. Asked to describe the program in your own words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Pre night at school, one 30 minute interview on campus. Got a call back for final round interviews. All behavioral questions -- be yourself and be smart. Group project while upper level management observed; they want to know your thought process so make sure you're vocal.

Interview Questions
    Great program; HR gives you enough time to decide. Awesome place to intern/work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

I applied through my university, was selected for an on-campus 30 minutes interview. I was invited to Superday (final rounds) the next day, had two 30 minutes interviews and a group activity while they monitored. The interviews were all behavioral just make sure you ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral nothing unexpected. Know why you want to work in that division and why Morgan Stanley and be ready to ask question because the interview is a two way streak.   Answer Question
    No i didn't, accepted what they offered which was reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

I applied through both my school system and online. It took about six weeks to hear back and then I was contacted for a phone interview. The interview questions were fairly straightforward (resume questions, brainteasers, and a few firm specific questions). I heard back about two days later and was invited to super day the next week. I had four interviews, but the vibe of each was completely different. One interviewer focused purely on why I was interested in finance, one entirely on fit, and two on more technical aspects of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name the following people in _______ positions. James Gorman was expected, but know Ruth Porat and the heads of your divisions.   Answer Question
    We received a $2,000 move out bonus and travel compensation from our home state to New York.

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume online earlier this year. Was called on my cell phone for a first round interview, which was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, just what you would expect from an interview at MS. Then, participated in a Super Day with multiple interviews back to back. Heard the next week.

Interview Questions

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!