Morgan Stanley

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Invited to an on-campus interview. Two 30-minute back-to-back interviews, each with two employees at the division I applied for. Questions were largely unexpected and varied. Seem to have a list of brainteaser-like questions (not necessarily technical but related to finance) that require fast and improvised response.

Interview Questions
  • must be familiar with key facts (numbers, names, etc.) about the company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

you have to take an exam for quant position before the interview process
    involving math, finance, stochastic and programming knowledge.
    60 min 60 questions.
    cannot finish it and did not do well
    did not get the interview opportunity

Interview Questions
    • involving math, finance, stochastic and programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Phone interview - paper test - Group interview - Manager interview
    Group interview was a task. You have a discussion on some topic and each person gets to present for 30 seconds at the end. It was pretty intense.
    Manager interview asks a lot of questions that had been asked in the phone interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First, I submitted my resume and cover letter to the campus recruiter. About 2 weeks later, I received an e-mail that I was invited to the first round interview. The first interview was a college on-site interview, and I talked to the VP for 30 minutes, mostly regarding by background and interest in the firm.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied to Morgan Stanley Asia on their website. Heard back about an interview a couple weeks later. The process was two phone interviews with different analysts. They were friendly, and asked me to walk them through my resume, why I wanted to to investment banking/what I knew about it, and then mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • List some multiples investment banks use, and why you would use one over another.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round, on-campus interview for SA Investment Banking position in Houston. I applied on my school career website and also on Morgan Stanley's online application. There was no phone interview before the on campus interview. A few days later they had their superday.

Interview Questions
    • It was not a difficult interview. More behavioral than technical and the one technical question was the basic $10 depreciation through 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Applied through school, process took about two weeks. The interview consisted mainly of fit questions followed by a series of current financial events questions and two more technical questions. Over all the interview was friendly but fast paced. It was much more direct than other firms.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Applied On-campus and online. Scheduled a first round interview through on campus recruiting. Mostly fit questions (Why IBD? Why MS?) , a few technicals (depreciation expense on all 3 accounting statements, what is WACC?) . Never heard back from HR rep or interviewer, so figured I didn't move to the next round as many peers had scheduled super days in New York.

Interview Questions
    • Would you take this job if I offered it to you right now?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied on their own website. Got a first round interview after about 3 weeks. First round consists of 2 phone calls. The format was pretty standard, although they were straight for the chase in terms of technical questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

I applied online around mid November and received a phone interview yesterday regarding a summer analyst position in their Investment Banking Division. The phone interview was more a casual conversation in the beginning and then it carried towards a more logistical conversation about working downtown in Chicago. It wasn't too heavy on the technical questions and all they really asked me was about how to value a company. I feel like the in person interview would be more technical.